Jul 18, 2015, 01:50 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

WLTOYS WL913 PREPARATION BEFORE CRUISING AND 1st RACING

This is my first racing into the Pchelina LOBOSH Bulgaria lake.
The boat is very fast indeed and very stable in the water ,I count with the GPS speedometer 48/km/h very close to the top speed mention the WLToys in the package .Another very interesting point that I identify is the role of the extra metallic rudder waiting my coming video to know more about this ,because the others reviewers was totally wrong saying that this rudder is for better stability complete wrong because this rudder is for saving the boat when CAPSIZE and drive slowly to home to you .This is a unique feature developed from WLtoys
Please enjoy the ride
WLTOYS WL913 1ST FAST RACING AND PREPARATION PRIOR TO RACE(COURTESY BANGGOOD) (7 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2015, 02:00 AM
Thread OP
I forgot to say that if you follow my advises on preparation before use then the boat will come to you without any drop of water this for sure I m working video to show this matter
Jul 18, 2015, 03:42 AM
When the boat is inverted the extra metalic rudder help you to drive the boat savely. Thank you for this inportant information.
Last edited by arsovhome; Jul 24, 2015 at 03:24 AM.
Jul 18, 2015, 05:00 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi Nickden,

I like your alternative use of the turnfin as a means to steer the boat when flipped.

There should come a bracket with the boat to mount the turnfin at the back of the right sponson, the turnfin will keep the boat from sliding outward in fast right hand turns.
Check the article on hydroplanes at:
https://astecmodels.co.uk/dpi-american-dream-hopup.php

Something else caught my eye; the outlet on the watercooling jacket isn't at the highest point.
This results in air trapped in the jacket, which reduces the cooling capacity.
If there's room under the cawl, turn the jacket so the outlet is on top.

Regards, Jan.
Last edited by pompebled; Jul 18, 2015 at 05:05 AM.
Jul 18, 2015, 09:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
Hi Nickden,

I like your alternative use of the turnfin as a means to steer the boat when flipped.

There should come a bracket with the boat to mount the turnfin at the back of the right sponson, the turnfin will keep the boat from sliding outward in fast right hand turns.
Check the article on hydroplanes at:
https://astecmodels.co.uk/dpi-american-dream-hopup.php

Something else caught my eye; the outlet on the watercooling jacket isn't at the highest point.
This results in air trapped in the jacket, which reduces the cooling capacity.
If there's room under the cawl, turn the jacket so the outlet is on top.

Regards, Jan.
Thank you for your advises I read the article you mention now I'm posting the inverted drive there is no more room to do your modification
Regards
Nikos
Jul 18, 2015, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
This is the video with the inverted drive to home safely
WLTOYS WL913 THE ROLE OF THE EXTRA RUDDER IN INVERTED POSITION(COURTESY BANGGOOD) (1 min 27 sec)
Jul 18, 2015, 10:09 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi Nickden,

I believe you're missing the point; a hydroplane should have a turnfin, or it'll not be able to turn (right) at full speed.

The opening shot of your inverted video clearly shows that the Chinese designers of this boat don't seem to know that too, as there's no turnfin present on the right sponson.
I can't say I'm surprized, because in general, the īdesignersī of these toys have a perfect understanding of the shape, the product should have, but they donīt have a clue on how itīs supposed to function.

There are a few Far East manufacturers which incorporate the assistance of one of the many rc-racers present there (thereīs a huge competition scene) and their boats actually work.

I donīt understand what youīre saying:īthere is no more room to do your modification ī...
You canīt turn the outle to the highest point?

Regards, Jan.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:13 AM
Closed Account
Ok, I assume the prop is propelling the boat . I didn't think the prop would move the boat but I was wrong but not the first time. Also Jan is correct on outlet on water jacket. Very neat idea on double rudder tho. Randy Naylor of BBY boat site puts a brace attached to right turn fins so the pressure of turning can be absorbed. Now without support, the area can crack and cause a lot of damage.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:44 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Dennis is right, the area where the turnfin is mounted, is under a lot of stress.

I can imaging that on a plastic hull, this needs special attention, or you'll rip a section out of the sponson under load...

Regards, Jan.
Jul 19, 2015, 12:44 AM
Farmer
Looks like the one exceed rc sells but the WL toys one is plastic i believe

http://www.nitrorcx.com/99b-10019-57...lane-artr.html
Jul 19, 2015, 04:09 AM
Thread OP
I would like to thank all the guys responded with there advises I appreciate very much and I will trying to adopt.Also having in your mines that cost of this great for my understanding boat cost only 159,99$US price which pretty good for all pockets
Jul 19, 2015, 04:00 PM
Thread OP

New speed record wltoys wl913

Today I race with top speed 50/km/hat Pchelina LOBOSH lake Bulgaria
Jul 19, 2015, 04:17 PM
Closed Account
31 mph is good and my hat goes off to you!!
Jul 19, 2015, 04:18 PM
Closed Account
31 mph is good, thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply