This thread is privately moderated by marblekit, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2015, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzone T-28 "The Phoenix"

Another plane that's part of my "Flying Trash" series!

I got this T-28 for nearly nothing. It was in very bad shape. The nose was almost completely destroyed. I put the pieces back together and filled in gaps with extra foam from other scraped planes.

After putting it all back together, I repainted the whole plane. I went with a yellow on top and orange on bottom theme to help with orientation.

I laminated the main wing, horizontal stabilizer and the nose area. These are now very strong. The laminate acts like a skin and gives stiffness to foam that was once very flexible.

I added a Turnigy 3536 1000kv motor and a 9x8 master airscrew propeller. It should be faster than the stock 480 brushless motor.

This is also using the LemonRX stabilizer receiver, though it probably doesn't really need it.

Parkzone T 28 The Phoenix (9 min 24 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply