Jul 14, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Question

Proctor Antic Plans Needed (to borrow?)

I am trying to repair an Antic (the big one) on behalf of a guy who's father originally built the Proctor Antic kit (many years ago, I'm told)
It does not have to fly, but he'd like for it to look as it did when his dad built it

It's missing a significant portion of the fuselage, and I need to see what's missing in order to replace it. (see pic for damage)
I know I can purchase new plans from Proctor, but am just looking for the fuselage portion to make the repairs - a scanned PDF would work fine!

Much thanks for any help you can give.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2015, 05:49 PM
I found this on RCUniverse from a couple of years ago: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...e-81-help.html

Might be worth contacting the lad.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:05 PM
Here are some JPGs from an old ebay ad. It should be possible to figure the overall fuselage length. What you have shows the construction, which is just a box made up of 1/4" spruce sticks. You just need the length so the missing section can be spliced in. Since the model is to be display only, it won't matter if the length is off a bit.

Joe Topper at Proctor is one of the good guys still producing kits. It would be a shame if someone pirated his plans and made PDFs available.

Jim

EDIT: It looks like my first picture is from Balsa's link to RCU. I must have copied it from there, not ebay. Not smart enough to read before posting!
Last edited by jjscott; Jul 14, 2015 at 10:13 PM.
Jul 15, 2015, 11:47 AM
Thread OP

Thanks

Appreciate that link.
I'll see if I can get enough detail to work out the dimensions!

regards,
Jul 15, 2015, 04:45 PM
One way to approach it: Print the fuse photo to get a plan. On the plan measure the length of the fabric covered section of the fuselage (with "Antic" on it). Measure the actual length on the model fuselage. Divide actual length by plan length. The result is the multiplication factor.

Measure the length from the back of the fabric to the rudder post on the plan. Multiply that number by the multiplication factor. The result is the length the fuselage needs to be between those two points.

Good luck. Be sure to post pictures of the resurrected model.

Jim
Jul 19, 2015, 08:51 PM
Thread OP

Thanks for the Help!

Folks - much thanks for the speedy help.
Clipwing (from RCU) helped me out and I got the plane rebuilt.
Here is a pic of the finished aircraft - it's not airworthy, but will make a respectable ceiling adornment for the builders son...

Regards,
Jul 19, 2015, 09:12 PM
Nice job on the repair. It is not evident in the pictures.

Jim

Quick Reply