Jul 21, 2015, 01:20 PM
A note at the bottom of the specs on this page
http://aerialvisions.myshopify.com/p...s-crossfire-tx
suggests that it currently only supports 8ch but 12ch support is coming.
Looks like you have to eat one of the 8 PWM outputs to get PPM out.

Note also that other than the GPS and link quality displayed with the Tx module,
it doesn't yet support any sort of telemetry output (can't talk to the Taranis yet).
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2015, 01:20 PM
looks like you're running mavlink for telem, does this mean that i can plug a apm telem output to the rx on the plane and have a telem output from the tx on my radio, then just tether it to my laptop or phone?

is there bluetooth in the tx?

edit: watched the 30 sec vid, that's a yes for ardupilot. I'm sold.
read aerial systems page, that's a yes for bluetooth, this is exactly what i've been looking for.
Last edited by P.I.Engineer; Jul 21, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
Jul 21, 2015, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akirared View Post
Found this. Should be a lot more details.

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-crossfire-manual.pdf
awesome find! the dang receiver is huge
Jul 21, 2015, 04:52 PM
Woohoo!
Nice!

I'll be pre-ordering one of these. Can we pre-order RXs as well?

Edit:

Ahh, this is just for a single RX.
Jul 21, 2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powlikethat View Post
awesome find! the dang receiver is huge
wow just noticed how big wow.... too late just ordered one....
Jul 21, 2015, 06:46 PM
It only looks big next to the Tx, which is quite small.
Put it next to any normal 12ch Rx from DL or RL or TSLRS and I suspect it would be pretty close, especially sans its plastic case. Keep in mind the Rx has two separate Rf units in it, not just one with an antenna switcher.
Jul 21, 2015, 08:54 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
I'm sure most of your UHF are not giving you problems (RangeLink users), but
you got to admit, there are some very neat features on this new Crossfire.
Probably don't need it, but the technology is there if you need it.

Its pretty annoying when some are asking "how far can it go"....I think the main purpose
was to defeat all the UHF dead zones, and penetrate hills, trees', and woods.
From the beta testers that had it, all were impressed! Even Ibcrazy was!

Its very expensive at $320+ (Tx &Rx), but its new and its backed by you know who,
its not some Chinese guy who hardly posts YouTube videos and speak lousy Chinglish.
If your UHF is working for you, then so be it. Its a free country, choose what you want, its your money!....
I preOrdered mine.

p.s.
and thank god it has been proven that
Sander Sassen douch-ness and his lying about how the mini/micro
non-diversity ezUHF Receivers he sell has the "SAME" performance as the Diversity version
is a flat out LIE!
Jul 21, 2015, 10:02 PM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Shucks, I *just* finished my RVJET build using ezUHF... and also bought a Marco Polo lost model finder. Couldn't you guys have let us know a month ago that your intention was to release this system?!

Forgive me for questioning your yet-unreleased product but we constantly hear that no one uses 915Mhz systems because of the large amount of RF interference and thus I wonder how will this provide a solid and reliable link?

Also, could this somehow work in tandem with the Vector to provide data for telemetry and GPS coordinates for the model finder feature? Kinda prefer for my aircraft to only carry one GPS device onboard rather than two...

Thanks in advance!
Jul 21, 2015, 10:14 PM
You Can't Take The Sky From Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
If your UHF is working for you, then so be it. Its a free country, choose what you want, its your money!....
Thank you I think I will do just that, Crossfire is something new & shiny and I will keep my eye on it. I think I will hold off wetting my pants over it for the time being. I have purchased many TBS products so I expect the quality of this to be just as good.

DragonLINK UHF only!!!! ???
Jul 21, 2015, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
Am I to assume that the $123 listed on their website includes everything needed? it says the preorder starts today, but there is still no real description or images of whats included
The TX is 209, the diversity RX is 124, the (tentative, totally unconfirmed and quite possible not correct) pricing for the micro RX, due out in about 2 months, is 59.95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
I like the low latency idea. but is it not still hamstrung being a module-type unit? I mean is it going to haev Taranis-internal equivalent latency.

I can see the need for this. Being as freestyle and racing miniquads can bebenfit from the low latency and the ability to have RF penetration through larger/denser objects. Hope it is tiny light Rx and small profile module too

but crowded market for UHF. Like the DTFUHF, the small EZUHF too, the new tiny DL LRS Rx too (and OpenLRS etc)

(the Lab still cooler place without folks who have no sense of humor)
yes, the taranis does rain on the low-latency parade. and right now the crossfire can only do PPM, so we're stuck at ~50ms typical latency. however, new things are on the horizon in terms of software updates that will cut down on this latency for whoever wishes to support it (and we do think openTX would be interested in it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
....and I hope TBS software (firmware) is much easier to update
then those lousy ImmmersionRC EzUHF nonsense.
ie...fw 149.1, 150.9.....etc etc...

.EzUHF is sooo damn complicated.
What worse is that when you buy their products, you'll get mismatching
firmwares on the EzUHF Rx and Tx side. Soo annoying.
we have heard very good feedback from the TBS Agent update software. Also, by the time this launches, you will not need to update your RX firmware anymore, as we will be able to do software-upgrades via RF-link. So ... if your TX is up to date and the receiver you buy happens to be not up to date, it will just update it after you bind. This feature is not yet supported, but we have made great progress there and we believe it will be available and shipping with the first units. If not, it's a later upgrade that's easy to add via the USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDuke View Post
Hey Trappy, I have a few quesitons for ya!

1... I live in Macau, SAR China, and plan to fly in Macau, HK and China. I was wondering if the 800-900mhz frequency band that the crossfire uses is for me to use in this area without too much interference. I have been concerned about flying with 2.4ghz in such a dense urban area with so many 2.4ghz transmitters all over the place. I bought into the EzUHF system from your website, but have been afraid to use is as I am concerned about 433mhz from my GoPro, Mobius and ESC's from affecting its performance.

2... How does the crossfire cope when close to high 433mhz emitting devices like the GoPro and ESC's?

3... Will the crossfire work in your little TBS Gemini?

Many thanks in advance for your response!
1) our test pilots fly in HK. The legal path is 915, and that also works better. 868 is pretty crowded, but works fine as well. and yes, being higher frequency, we do have a lower "local" noise floor (from onboard electronics) and as such it will give you a better base range. we get very good reception all around, even in places we shouldn't be flying

2) our test-pilots have called it the honey-badger of LRS systems. basically, it doesn't care about on-board noise

3) Yes, with the micro receiver that will be coming out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone View Post
Can it take 12ch ppm?

-Hugo
not yet, but it's being looked into. we may be able to have this ready for the first launch as well, or it will be a firmware update that will roll out before the new micro-RX comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
A note at the bottom of the specs on this page
http://aerialvisions.myshopify.com/p...s-crossfire-tx
suggests that it currently only supports 8ch but 12ch support is coming.
Looks like you have to eat one of the 8 PWM outputs to get PPM out.

Note also that other than the GPS and link quality displayed with the Tx module,
it doesn't yet support any sort of telemetry output (can't talk to the Taranis yet).
We are looking into supporting Taranis telemetry, however with the OSD integration to the BlackBox and the rear OLED screen there is very little use for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
It only looks big next to the Tx, which is quite small.
Put it next to any normal 12ch Rx from DL or RL or TSLRS and I suspect it would be pretty close, especially sans its plastic case. Keep in mind the Rx has two separate Rf units in it, not just one with an antenna switcher.
If people are familiar with the EzUHF diveristy receiver, ours is same width, less hight, less length. It looks a bit bigger because we have the plastic casing all around, including the pin headers. don't forget ours also includes a 180mAh 1S battery ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBKLYNdoorman View Post
Forgive me for questioning your yet-unreleased product but we constantly hear that no one uses 915Mhz systems because of the large amount of RF interference and thus I wonder how will this provide a solid and reliable link?

Also, could this somehow work in tandem with the Vector to provide data for telemetry and GPS coordinates for the model finder feature? Kinda prefer for my aircraft to only carry one GPS device onboard rather than two...

Thanks in advance!
We could make this work together for sure. We do already support APM/Pixhawk and also NAZA GPS coordinates, as well as our own GPS module that ties into the CORE PRO. The former flight controls need a BlackBox to support it, but if Vector can output I2C we'd definitely be interested to work with EagleTree to get this looked into. Please send them our way.

the CROSSFIRE is built on a brand new chipset that is very resistant to noise, both in-band and also out-of-band. We have tested the system with 6 pilots in the air at once on the same frequency band, with local in-band noise sources and all that stuff that most other UHF systems do not fare very well on. We have also tested the chipset in close proximity to the most common noise sources, and even the most basic implementation already worked very impressively.
Jul 22, 2015, 01:02 AM
It's $124 for the divserity RX, which is in line with what you're paying for other UHF systems. The DragonLink charges 100 for a single-stage RX. The EzUHF Diversity RX was 125, now 120. But it's just an antenna switcher with one RF path. The CROSSFIRE RX has two separate receivers, making it a true diversity, and enabling a few very cool features. There is a ton of additional functionality in there, I'd say the $4 "premium" can be overlooked.

Yes, I understand your point here But I am rather upset that in learning this today as now we live in the Pre order and WAIT Until its ready Era. I am already getting tired of this SH@t .... SO I saw the price and thought wow this sounds great New LRS system (after watching Trappy talk about it at the nationals) for this price why Not cant pass up being early on the PRe order list. To ensure I get one from the first batch and maybe early bird special! also I would not have to wait another 2 months after release to get one! Cough cough Vortex, Headplay!! so I pulled the trigger and pre ordered one on my phone at work! Thinking TBS is a great company and should be straight forward about this, then come to find out people were pre ordering even before the actual pre order started, LOL... Ok not to bad still should be ok only news came out about this a few days ago, then I Sit down at my to my trusty google machine to check out the interweb and do some more research and check out the TBS site to see if its been update surely it has the pre order is live. Nope still nothing then sure enough rc groups thread is chugging along and come to find out What seems to be trappy or Some one from TBS Stating the prices now and it is only for the RX, and they post eh cheaper of the two of course. SO they had the time to respond here and update people which is nice but Please also update the website and explain more what is going on Hell Ariel visions already has The manual pdf link and full description of the product TBS site has literately almost nothing about the product they are producing. Come on guys. Don't be like the video game industry and other larger big business screwing the little guy, I hope this was not intentional, But I think at this time I am going to be requesting a refund and will just wait until the micro is out and people can fully test it out, and If i can stay strong I am done with pre ordering things all together I hope others will follow and force Company's to revise their business plans on new products, and not have us fund there production from pre orders! Just produce a good product and it will sell Tbs disco for example. This hobby is almost an addiction and it seems now more and more that vendors are like crack dealers dangling the crack and in front of us and saying pay me now and I will get you some soon don't know when but soon!
Last edited by RoninFPV; Jul 22, 2015 at 01:21 AM.
Jul 22, 2015, 01:14 AM
TBS Thank you for the quick refund
Last edited by RoninFPV; Jul 22, 2015 at 02:35 AM.
Jul 22, 2015, 03:16 AM
hum ... still confused about what exactly is crossfire. and how can it use with non-TBS electronics for example pixhawk

does it provide video transmission?

does it send OpenTx-telemetry data from air-crossfire all-the-way to my Taranis-LCD screen?

does it work with pixhawk/apmCopter, that connect : my phone <-> ground crossfire <-> air crossfire <-> pixhawk TELEM1/2 port?

does it mean I don't need a separate telemetry radio and EzUHF, but now only crossfire can give my these 2 data links?

Can I use Tower? Tower can change my pixhawk parameter at field using telemetry radio link.

Thanks,
Wilson
Jul 22, 2015, 06:58 AM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Imagine using a (special order) 900Mhz Gatling/Crosshair on the ground and a 900Mhz Mad Mushroom on the aircraft for this... !!!
Jul 22, 2015, 07:24 AM
Quote:
not yet, but it's being looked into. we may be able to have this ready for the first launch as well, or it will be a firmware update that will roll out before the new micro-RX comes out
Pre-ordered
Like the 900MHz idea, many cams or other on-board electronics emits 433.
Meanwhile I'll tackle some 900MHz true-square moxon

-Hugo

Quick Reply