Aug 11, 2019, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenRotor
Works the same other than no bluetooth.
I have the lite.
So I also have the lite, (so no bluetooth) but after switching it on, and doing a quick search for devices it showed up on my phone. So did i just get lucky with a wrongly labeled full crossfire?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2019, 10:13 AM
FPV Freedom Coalition Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by censrd
So I also have the lite, (so no bluetooth) but after switching it on, and doing a quick search for devices it showed up on my phone. So did i just get lucky with a wrongly labeled full crossfire?
Ha! maybe you did.

checked mine and nothing.
Aug 11, 2019, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Works the same other than no bluetooth.
I have the lite.
Thanks... Would you know if telemetry works on the DX9?
Aug 12, 2019, 09:33 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
Thanks... Would you know if telemetry works on the DX9?
I dont think it does . You have the little screen on the crossfire module . If you had the ix12 that radio was designed to run crossfire with no mods . You also need a separate battery for the dx9 . On the Taranis you load script which is real cool . Whatever route you go crossfire will not disappoint . I have a renewed sense of security in my signal now and cant wait to get more Rx's . Plus there arent more than 3 of us on crossfire at my club .

Doesnt the bluetooth model help you find your plane if it goes down ?
Aug 13, 2019, 12:05 AM
FPV Freedom Coalition Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcChiken
I dont think it does . You have the little screen on the crossfire module . If you had the ix12 that radio was designed to run crossfire with no mods . You also need a separate battery for the dx9 . On the Taranis you load script which is real cool . Whatever route you go crossfire will not disappoint . I have a renewed sense of security in my signal now and cant wait to get more Rx's . Plus there arent more than 3 of us on crossfire at my club .

Page 30

https://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-...ire-manual.pdf

The lite will also mount on to the taranis x-lite too. ftw!
Aug 13, 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcChiken

I'm not sure does it?

Personally i don't think im going to be using bluetooth to tweak or change any settings on the field. Besides i could use that extra $50 and get a nano rx to help get me started off. There is a way to utilize the built in battery on the DX9 however i won't be able to go over 100mw i believe (Not sure of this yet). The ix12 looks great but its too expensive.

Would you know if I'd be able to at-least get OSD rssi ?

Cheers
Jake
Aug 13, 2019, 11:47 AM
Assuming you are using a FC that supports it, you would just setup the RX to insert RSSI and/or LQ on a couple unused channels and have the FC read them and put them into your OSD. Though I'm assuming you mean an FPV OSD not your radio screen.
Aug 13, 2019, 02:12 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
I've wondered that too on my dx9 . They show the signal on the screen but I dont think you can do anything with it . Taranis you can set an alarm for RSSI if you arent using a FC . I have one quad that sends RSSI to the goggles and thats a F722 board ran with FRSky . I have crossfire in a xohd dart but no FC so I just have the radio alarm for RSSI
Aug 14, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
Assuming you are using a FC that supports it, you would just setup the RX to insert RSSI and/or LQ on a couple unused channels and have the FC read them and put them into your OSD. Though I'm assuming you mean an FPV OSD not your radio screen.
Yes that's what I'm talking about FPV OSD not my radio screen. Ok so im assuming I'm going to be ok since my current FC on my drone allows me to see RSSI on my FPV OSD.

Hmm wondering if i should take the plunge into crossfire or look at getting a Taranis
Aug 14, 2019, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Hmm wondering if i should take the plunge into crossfire or look at getting a Taranis
Taranis with frsky 900? Or taranis with crossfire?
Aug 15, 2019, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
Taranis with frsky 900? Or taranis with crossfire?
Spektrum Dx9 with crossfire. I primarily fly spektrum with my helis so hoping to be able to use just one radio.
Aug 17, 2019, 06:30 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Quote:
Page 30

https://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-...ire-manual.pdf

The lite will also mount on to the taranis x-lite too. ftw!
The telemetry will not go through the DX9 . You cannot load lua script on the DX9 . It is not open source . Like I said thats why the little window is on the Crossfire unit . Those full size units holds the script(for communication with your radio) where as on my taranis it is loaded on the radio for the plug in module
Aug 25, 2019, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Spektrum Dx9 with crossfire. I primarily fly spektrum with my helis so hoping to be able to use just one radio.
I use the tx lite on my spektrum dx9 black edition, you have to do some mods to make it work, like solder a wire to a uart wich is amde possible with latest firmware for dx9, you can’t use telemetry afaik, but you can switch it on and off with the dx9 power switch, I use a 4000mah Hobbyking lipo in my Dx9 and it works just fine with tx lite switched on, mostly I use 200-500mw output power on my tx lite

Yesterday’s longrange flight
PUSH THE LIMTITS || LONGRANGE FPV || Nano quad v2 (1 min 14 sec)
Aug 25, 2019, 09:29 AM
i use DX9 with the crossfire full TX... but need to do modification on the DX9.

Full instruction: hope it helps you guys! esp JakeaHeli!

https://www.getfpv.com/learn/fpv-diy...-installation/

that save me couple of hundreds buck on ix12... instead spend it on full crsf TX and save the rest of my money.
Last edited by viperviper; Aug 25, 2019 at 09:38 AM.
Aug 25, 2019, 12:31 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
I made a mistake buying the black DX9 . I bought the new one when mine broke one of the return springs . So I have 2 now . Then I bought a Taranis and learned what it could do . You can get every part you could ever want including upgraded gimbals for the FrSky . You can get absolutely nothing for a Spektrum . Stickends or lipo upgrade is about it . More range with FrSky rx's and the ability to just plug in a xfire module that does everything internal in the radio through Lua script . Im not looking back in fact your going to see one of my DX9's for sale soon

Quick Reply