Jul 22, 2015, 07:40 AM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Gatling, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone
Pre-ordered
Like the 900MHz idea, many cams or other on-board electronics emits 433.
Meanwhile I'll tackle some 900MHz true-square moxon

-Hugo
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2015, 07:55 AM
Woohoo!
Can the TBS Crossfire TX be made to speak PXX or DSM? Those are other outputs already on the Taranis and should reduce latency.

I'm interested in 900 MHz since the 433 band is so ridiculously crowded out here.
Jul 22, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninFPV
Yes, I understand your point here But I am rather upset that in learning this today as now we live in the Pre order and WAIT Until its ready Era. I am already getting tired of this [email protected] .... SO I saw the price and thought wow this sounds great New LRS system (after watching Trappy talk about it at the nationals) for this price why Not cant pass up being early on the PRe order list. To ensure I get one from the first batch and maybe early bird special! also I would not have to wait another 2 months after release to get one! Cough cough Vortex, Headplay!! so I pulled the trigger and pre ordered one on my phone at work! Thinking TBS is a great company and should be straight forward about this, then come to find out people were pre ordering even before the actual pre order started, LOL... Ok not to bad still should be ok only news came out about this a few days ago, then I Sit down at my to my trusty google machine to check out the interweb and do some more research and check out the TBS site to see if its been update surely it has the pre order is live. Nope still nothing then sure enough rc groups thread is chugging along and come to find out What seems to be trappy or Some one from TBS Stating the prices now and it is only for the RX, and they post eh cheaper of the two of course. SO they had the time to respond here and update people which is nice but Please also update the website and explain more what is going on Hell Ariel visions already has The manual pdf link and full description of the product TBS site has literately almost nothing about the product they are producing. Come on guys. Don't be like the video game industry and other larger big business screwing the little guy, I hope this was not intentional, But I think at this time I am going to be requesting a refund and will just wait until the micro is out and people can fully test it out, and If i can stay strong I am done with pre ordering things all together I hope others will follow and force Company's to revise their business plans on new products, and not have us fund there production from pre orders! Just produce a good product and it will sell Tbs disco for example. This hobby is almost an addiction and it seems now more and more that vendors are like crack dealers dangling the crack and in front of us and saying pay me now and I will get you some soon don't know when but soon!
the preorder in this case is not to fund the production run, but to present people with an option of what's coming. we are already through the production and are going into assembly now. a product like the CROSSFIRE takes about 4 months for a production run. We are just 3 weeks out from shipping if nothing bad happens ... so we had to launch it as everyone saw it at the Drone Nationals. I admit the pre-order for the pre-order thing was kind of a bad move, we didn't plan for people to actually buy a product that they didn't know anything about ... and then the leaks started, and then the delays of publication came anyways, sorry about that, we are handling the refunds and upgrades tomorrow as it has been a crazy few days for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2K
Can the TBS Crossfire TX be made to speak PXX or DSM? Those are other outputs already on the Taranis and should reduce latency.

I'm interested in 900 MHz since the 433 band is so ridiculously crowded out here.
I will need to look into this, I'm guessing you mean if we can interpret those signals to cut the latency down. we can certainly output SBUS which reduces latency
Jul 22, 2015, 10:21 AM
Woohoo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbscrossfire
I will need to look into this, I'm guessing you mean if we can interpret those signals to cut the latency down. we can certainly output SBUS which reduces latency
One of my TODOs was to make PXX or DSM work as an input for OpenLRS and/or OPLM since I really can't stand the latency from CPPM. Sbus from the RX helps, but I think PXX as an input for the TX will be the best way to do it. The output pin on the Taranis currently supports CPPM, PXX and DSM.

How does the crossfire output Sbus? Sbus is normally inverted, but Sbus output on OpenLRS is not.
Jul 22, 2015, 10:27 AM
I don't think he's saying it does output SBUS now, but it could.

BTW, I don't think I've seen an answer to the question of whether/how it outputs RSSI.
Not everyone will pair a system like this to the TBS Core Pro, and they'll need the RSSI value.
Jul 22, 2015, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2K
How does the crossfire output Sbus? Sbus is normally inverted, but Sbus output on OpenLRS is not.
we have dual-use output ports on CH7 and CH8. So we can make a bidirectional serial port, or two unidirectional ones, just by modifying the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
BTW, I don't think I've seen an answer to the question of whether/how it outputs RSSI.
Not everyone will pair a system like this to the TBS Core Pro, and they'll need the RSSI value.
There will be a PWM-based RSSI / LQ output assignable via the OLED. If we can make that into the first release or release it as a subsequent firmware update remains to be seen. From what I understood my guys are getting the base functionality laid out for the launch, so that we can quickly add features on top based on user demand. We should finish that part of the project within the next ~2-3 weeks, so that leaves ~1-2 weeks for implementing features. On our list is:

* no output on failsafe (as a secondary failsafe mode)
* SBUS
* freely assignable / mappable channels
* RSSI on PWM channels
* 12ch support

In no particular order.
Jul 22, 2015, 04:52 PM
great i just ordered a EZUHF jr, 2 receivers, diamond antenna 2 days ago and now find out about this today. just great! woosahhhh

this advancement in FPV is sounding to good to pass up, iBcrazy co-singed it. i wonder if he will do a review????
ill be placing a order very soon..

good work TBS!
Jul 22, 2015, 06:34 PM
Endurance, Altitude, and Range
Does one have to attach two antennas to the diversity RX? My plan right now is to attach a VAS mad mushroom antenna to one of the SMA ports and leave the other one unattached (would have a Crosshair on the ground)... since its a "transceiver" would that damage it in any way?
Jul 22, 2015, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Thong
does it work with pixhawk/apmCopter, that connect : my phone <-> ground crossfire <-> air crossfire <-> pixhawk TELEM1/2 port?

Can I use Tower? Tower can change my pixhawk parameter at field using telemetry radio link.
Wondering about this too. In addition to mission planner.
Jul 22, 2015, 08:18 PM
RC FPVer
The Crossfire is up for pre-order as well on GetFPV.com

http://www.getfpv.com/tbs-crossfire-...-r-c-link.html
http://www.getfpv.com/tbs-crossfire-...-receiver.html

Jul 27, 2015, 07:28 AM
A little bit of testing-feedback, before we release the videos:

10mW Max Range Test: 20.1km reached, downlink (telemetry) all the way
Max Range Test: 100km reached, potential to go ~30-40% further with further optimization. Sometimes 100% link quality up to 5dB below the noise floor!

Only stock dipoles used for control link, for video we were using the tried and tested 24dBi grid antenna on 2.4GHz with a TBS UNIFY 800mW VTx. We are now using those test results to finalize the firmware in terms of maximum range and sensitivity.
Jul 27, 2015, 07:38 AM
Indeed a game changer... How many camels for this ?
Jul 27, 2015, 11:29 AM
100km on stock dipoles. I think that's a first.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:10 AM
I believe I can Fly.....

915mhz ??

How is it possible using 915mhz ?? the 900 band is worldwild known as Cellhphone Band.... how does it work ?
Jul 28, 2015, 12:37 AM
915 isn't used for cellular purposes in the US at all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies
Instead it's part of the ISM band (which can be quite noisy, but same is true of 2.4Ghz
and 5.8Ghz bands which are also used for RC control). It works in spite of the noise
through use of DSSS and FHSS.

Some other countries use 915Mhz as part of the T-GSM-900 cellular band, but in that case
868Mhz can generally be used instead as part of the ISM band (or SRD band in Germany).

It looks like Korea is a problem. Those frequencies aren't used by cellular but they are
used by other things, and they have no ISM bands in this frequency range.

Quick Reply