Jul 19, 2015, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV
Can you confirm?
Some are saying its a CCD camera because the Original post has a count timer imitating lag in video?
read again my first post and find "CCD" word?
in the picture I see word "25mw" on the screen. Can't I suppose it is 25mw?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2015, 08:39 AM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Wow, ~$150 for Tx and Rx.....thats a good deal to attach to a Taranis

edit:
That preOrder price was just for the RC Diversity Receiver
that is one expensive Receiver....
bummer!
Last edited by LexusFPV; Jul 19, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
Jul 20, 2015, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
read again my first post and find "CCD" word?
in the picture I see word "25mw" on the screen. Can't I suppose it is 25mw?
It is 25mW ... in fact, those 25mW will give u 10-20km of range, depending on the location you're at. The max power is 2W, though.

Quote:
Wow, ~$150 for Tx and Rx.....thats a good deal to attach to a Taranis

edit:
That preOrder price was just for the RC Diversity Receiver
that is one expensive Receiver....
bummer!
It's $124 for the divserity RX, which is in line with what you're paying for other UHF systems. The DragonLink charges 100 for a single-stage RX. The EzUHF Diversity RX was 125, now 120. But it's just an antenna switcher with one RF path. The CROSSFIRE RX has two separate receivers, making it a true diversity, and enabling a few very cool features. There is a ton of additional functionality in there, I'd say the $4 "premium" can be overlooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
I must admit, I have had this for a while now and the first testing I did had terrible performance. However, with a little feedback, TBS fixed everything and I am very happy with it. The only thing I do not like is that the RX is HUGE!

-Alex
Bugs on a alpha-version of a product? Is that a surprise? The diversity RX you have is smaller than its closest competitor, the plastic case makes it seem larger (we also enclose the servo male connectors). Also, the micro RX will be smaller than any of its competitors as well, by even more

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Great, another reason to have "the eye" on us ... totally non-sense to launch such thing now when interest in LR is diminishing, and people return to fun of fly with LOS fpv racing, instead collecting distance numbers, as daisies on a wire...
not that I expected any smart post from you, but ... LOL ... you really haven't changed first of all, it's not only a long range system. It's low latency, it has telemetry (both ways), it has superb penetration, it allows you to use 2.4 video (ask the racers at the DroneNationals what they think about 5.8 ), it has a very tiny receiver, it's about safety, about reliability, about recovery in case of a crash, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
UHF reliable, maybe in an US desert, not in EU, where you can measure -60dB noise floor in some places.
In my location I would trust more a L9R on a Taranis than anything in 433.
it's not 433. and that's exactly why the TBS CROSSFIRE will change the way you fly FPV ... because it's reliable. but sure, go ahead, trash a product you know nothing about ... it's good to know things here never change
Jul 20, 2015, 08:25 AM
What frequency is it then? many thanks
Jul 20, 2015, 08:28 AM
Trappy is back and angry
So, any more information? The preorder should begin today for a product we know almost nothing? Except:
-It is LRS
-it runs from 25mw to 2w
- it is expensive
- it has telemetry
- it probably runs on 2.4? Or 5.8? Otherwise it wouldn't be legal, no matter what country.
Jul 20, 2015, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeer
What frequency is it then? many thanks
868MHz EU, 915MHz US

Quote:
Trappy is back and angry
So, any more information? The preorder should begin today for a product we know almost nothing? Except:
-It is LRS
-it runs from 25mw to 2w
- it is expensive
- it has telemetry
- it probably runs on 2.4? Or 5.8? Otherwise it wouldn't be legal, no matter what country.
lol, not angry. just surprised some people don't change their way of communicating, especially since they are being proven wrong time and time again.

preorder was delayed due to my inability to get work done at the drone nationals. we opened up preorders for retailers today, they will open preorders on the 22nd. tomorrow and wednesday we will unveil the jewels

not sure why people keep saying it's expensive ... it matches the price of UHF systems on the market today, and surpasses them in terms of functionality by a pretty large factor. but sure, if you want to call it expensive, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it
Jul 20, 2015, 08:43 AM
Finally Trappy is back. Please inform us here on RCgroups! Thank you!
I cant stand that jerk Sassen, that is why I don't goto other forums.
We appreciate you feedback much, the moderators here at RcGroups is all about "FPV" now. A lot different mentality since you left!!!!

I'm preOrdering and selling my DL UHF:-)
Jul 20, 2015, 08:50 AM
Well, then let's rephrase - Not cheaper!
And you must agree.. Nowadays, when the perfection is almost reached... We want it at lower price.

So, are you legal with 868? As far as I know, not!i've got my HAM licence the other day, and in the list of frequncies there is nothing higher than 440.
Jul 20, 2015, 08:53 AM
SchumixMD,
If you know it's illegal in your country, then don't buy it.
It is legal for us here in the USA.

P.S.
at the Drone Nationals, was 5.8 video any good? Or using 2.4&1.3 video better? Now since we can use this new UHF with those video freq
Jul 20, 2015, 09:05 AM
Quote:
SchumixMD,
Lexus, do you have something with me? I am asking, I want to know the reasons, much more want to know this because TBS went the route 25mw to be legal in countries, and hear Trappy himself saying in the video - FCC legal...
If for some reason, you don't like me, as I see from your last two posts then just ignore me, please!
Last edited by schumixmd; Jul 20, 2015 at 09:32 AM.
Jul 20, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Well, then let's rephrase - Not cheaper!
And you must agree.. Nowadays, when the perfection is almost reached... We want it at lower price.

So, are you legal with 868? As far as I know, not!i've got my HAM licence the other day, and in the list of frequncies there is nothing higher than 440.
nope, we are very far from perfection. just the other day I was doing a very relaxing flight over Alcatraz ... and it turned into a nightmare with over 30 failsafes. The CROSSFIRE is basically built on the shortcomings and complaints about other UHF systems we've heard or had the last 2 years. I'm going to let the end users decide whether we've fixed all these problems, but we've tackled them and tried actively to solve them.

you don't need a HAM license to operate the CROSSFIRE, that's the cool part

Quote:
SchumixMD,

P.S.
at the Drone Nationals, was 5.8 video any good? Or using 2.4&1.3 video better? Now since we can use this new UHF with those video freq
The CROSSFIRE will be legal to use in Europe, where you can't go higher than 25mW. There will be a setting for the USA, where you can go up to 1W or 2W (can't remember, anyway, it doesn't matter ... nobody will need that much power unless he is looking to cook his cojones )

Quote:
Lexus, do you have something with me? I am asking, I want to know the reasons, much more want to know this because TBS went the route 25mw to be legal in countries, and hear Trappy himself saying in the video - FCC legal...
If for some reason, you don't like me, as I see from your last two posts then just ignore me, please!
the output power is adjustable, right now the software is BETA so we just give the (beta-)users the option to use whatever power they want.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:02 AM
Quote:
the output power is adjustable, right now the software is BETA so we just give the (beta-)users the option to use whatever power they want.
I'll be glad to beta test too...
Jul 20, 2015, 11:12 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Awesome! The more cool stuff on the market for FPV, the better.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:25 AM
868mHz is the EU equivalent of 900MHz ISM frequency in US.
So is not a legal band in US, as LexusFPV wrote above, maybe he meant 900 Mhz.
Also, 25mW is not legal in EU, the limit without license is at 10mW for 868 band.
I know this very well because I am professionally related to people using this band for industrial cranes, is the main outdoor industrial usage of this band in EU, probably medical usage indoor is not a worry for the hobby.
Indeed the noise floor in this band is very low, one of the cleanest someone could find, you can get more telemetry range using 10mW 868Mhz than 100mW 433MHz, at least in my environment where 433 MHz is overcrowded and you can get even -60dB noise floor.

To use more than 10mW you need a paid license, because this band is intended for professional usage, a ham license would not help at all.

The problem I see is for multiple users using this device, if becoming popular, the band is very narrow, some 3 MHz compared to 100MHz of 2.4G, divided in 15 channels of 200kHz, (compared to 80 channels of 1 MHz used by FASST, for example) and higher power levels are allowed only in some channels in this already too narrow band, as follows:
(i) at frequencies between 865 MHz and 865.6 MHz have an erp no greater than 100 mW;
(ii) at frequencies between 865.6 MHz and 867.6 MHz have an erp no greater than 2 Watts; and
(iii) at frequencies between 867.6 MHz and 868 MHz have an erp no greater than 500 mW.

I have no idea atm what effective FH can be implemented with these 15 channels to allow more than 5-6 simultan users, i.e. racing, that seems the main target of the device.

Yeah, another slice of disinformation ...
Jul 20, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Awesome! The more cool stuff on the market for FPV, the better.

Trappy,
See, even the editors of RcGroups is all about FPV.
A lot different now since they found out that this is way more fun then L.O.S.......lol
Please keep us updated on the CrossFire here as the other forum has that idiot Sassen on there!

Quick Reply