TBS Crossfire - What is it?

Trappy and the gang at Team Black Sheep posted a page last night with a new product called the Crossfire in the Accessories category...

Splash

New TBS Accessory Coming Soon

Trappy and the gang at Team Black Sheep posted a page last night with a new product called the Crossfire in the Accessories category. The only information listed on the page is a one liner that states "Change the way you fly FPV - Forever," along with a price tag of $123.95. It says pre-orders start July 20th, but you can actually add it to your cart and purchase it right now. Maybe we'll get some more info on the 20th. TBS's facebook post has brought on many speculations as to what this product will be. Some say it's a new camera system with zero latency based on an image shown below. There was also a supposed photo shown of the Crossfire last night, but that image has since been removed. It appeared to be a diversity UHF 8 channel r/c receiver with a BST port. Until more details are released, speculation abounds, but we are very interested to learn more about how the Crossfire will change the way we fly FPV. Click here to see the TBS Crossfire product page.

Jul 14, 2015, 11:57 AM
Zero latency.. Or later, latency is measured for HD cameras, while many are trying to design HD video transmission systems... Could be?
Jul 15, 2015, 12:29 AM
None of the above will not "Change the way you fly FPV - Forever," sounds like improvements, evolution, not revolution.
Jul 15, 2015, 03:16 AM
At typical TBS pricing it will likely be a low latency 700tvl CCD Camera
If it is the downside will not only be the extortionate price but also lack of image processing (that's the main cause of lag/latency)
Another thing that may point to a new camera is the inevitable decline in availability of the Pixim Seawolf sensor since that's what they rebadged as the TBS69 camera and Sony bought out Pixim and shut down production of the Seawolf sensor
Jul 17, 2015, 06:16 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
All wrong!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06&oe=561D28C5

LRS System
Jul 17, 2015, 07:09 PM
will it be compatible with my immersion rx's?
Jul 17, 2015, 07:11 PM
Supposed to be released today
Jul 18, 2015, 12:05 AM
A 25mw LRS?
Jul 18, 2015, 12:16 AM
variable power going "way higher than 25mw."
Jul 18, 2015, 01:33 AM
Great, another reason to have "the eye" on us ... totally non-sense to launch such thing now when interest in LR is diminishing, and people return to fun of fly with LOS fpv racing, instead collecting distance numbers, as daisies on a wire...
Jul 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Great, another reason to have "the eye" on us ... totally non-sense to launch such thing now when interest in LR is diminishing, and people return to fun of fly with LOS fpv racing, instead collecting distance numbers, as daisies on a wire...
True....but 25mw UHF PnP to a Taranis module port, it'll be a bit more
reliable (for FPV users) compared to buying a $500 Futaba Tx system.
I dont think this is for LongRange control, but more for 'reliable' control.

True?
Jul 18, 2015, 01:13 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
A 25mw LRS?
Can you confirm?
Some are saying its a CCD camera because the Original post has a count timer imitating lag in video?
Jul 18, 2015, 01:29 PM
UHF reliable, maybe in an US desert, not in EU, where you can measure -60dB noise floor in some places.
In my location I would trust more a L9R on a Taranis than anything in 433.
Jul 18, 2015, 09:21 PM
Engineer for Christ
I have been running mine on 25mW setting in many different places around the country. So far no issues even out to 3 miles. In fact, you can even see it in my Spark Sport build video.

I must admit, I have had this for a while now and the first testing I did had terrible performance. However, with a little feedback, TBS fixed everything and I am very happy with it. The only thing I do not like is that the RX is HUGE!

-Alex
Jul 18, 2015, 11:55 PM
First Look at the TBS FPV Crossfire (0 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply