FPV 250 Racing - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Benton County R/C Aerodrome (Adair Village, Oregon, United States)

Nov 06, 2015, 10:07 PM
OK, I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2015, 02:03 PM
Looks like we may actually have a dry and sunny weekend. Anyone want to fly?
Nov 18, 2015, 02:54 PM
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!
Nov 27, 2015, 01:30 PM
Anyone up for this weekend? If you ignore the freezing temps it looks pretty nice out there!
Dec 05, 2015, 08:54 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed, but I think I finally got the QAV250 to fly and transmit video to the goggles without catching fire. Minor test flight in the garage and camera test looked good. I'm going to head out to Adair tomorrow about 1200 if its not too wet. Looks like there may be a brief break in the weather. Wish me luck.
Dec 05, 2015, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanager
Keeping my fingers crossed, but I think I finally got the QAV250 to fly and transmit video to the goggles without catching fire. Minor test flight in the garage and camera test looked good. I'm going to head out to Adair tomorrow about 1200 if its not too wet. Looks like there may be a brief break in the weather. Wish me luck.
Good luck, glad to hear that you're up and running. I'm currently grounded for a while, both my quads are in need of repair and I've no time to fix them. Maybe I can get to them next year.
Dec 06, 2015, 06:40 PM
Managed to get a couple of test flights done at the field today in very windy conditions. I'll definitely be learning to fly the QAV250 non-FPV for a while. I may take the mounts off that tip the motors forward while I learn. Otherwise it requires a lot pitch up trim or holding back on the elevator to keep it near a hover instead of moving forward fast while I get used to the controls. But finally, it's flying!
Dec 07, 2015, 10:46 AM
That's probably a good idea. Starting with tilted motor mounts and fpv sounds hard. I did just line of sight for a couple months before even starting fpv. I didn't have the perspective skill some of these guys brought with them from flying planes, so I needed some time to learn. I think it would have been hard to go the other way and learn fpv first.

Anyway, congrats!