FPV 250 Racing - Page 3 - RC Groups

Benton County R/C Aerodrome (Adair Village, Oregon, United States)

Sep 16, 2015, 09:05 PM
Me too. Hunting faster lap times!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2015, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviW
Me too. Hunting faster lap times!
Nice!!
Sep 17, 2015, 09:42 PM
haha good one
Sep 17, 2015, 10:19 PM
It's on at 3pm tomorrow (Friday) at the Adair picnic tables.
Sep 26, 2015, 11:36 AM
Anyone up for some laps today, maybe around noon?
Sep 28, 2015, 06:13 PM
Now that school started back up, my schedule is changing. Here's when I can fly:

Monday: 10 am-1 pm, 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
Tuesday: 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
Wednesday: 10 am-1 pm, 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
Thursday: 2:30 pm-4:30 pm.
Friday: After 10 am.

I'm happy to meet anywhere, but on days when I have limited time I'm especially happy to fly around the Albany LBCC campus. There's a nice grove of pretty huge oak trees that makes a fantastic pylon course, with some low cedars and such to zip under. It's a really nice spot.

The field outside the water plant in south Corvallis is also very convenient for me, especially after they mowed and trimmed back the branches on the far corner. Now there are at least a dozen trees trimmed up about 10' to fly through and around, with a big field on two sides and a row of pylon-style trees along the rarely-used road. It's pretty great.

Dennis has another pretty fantastic flying field right outside his house, with a row of bushes and little gaps to fly through. There's a few pine trees on the far side that would make an excellent racetrack, especially if we marked off some directions or a lap somehow. I noticed he got the RMCR gates in the mail, so there's something cool to look forward to at our next meet up.

If anyone wants to meet up, feel free to post your schedule and/or favorite flying spots.
Sep 30, 2015, 08:16 AM
im free the whole weekend most of the time. i have football right after school that goes till 6 so i cant really fly on the week days but i get out of school at 12:30 on fridays
Sep 30, 2015, 08:48 AM
I should have some time on Friday. What works for you guys?
Sep 30, 2015, 12:46 PM
Friday works for me, I'm out of class pretty early and I can meet anywhere. Maybe Dennis will have some time and we can try out the new RMRC gates.

Hows your transportation situation on Friday, Luc?
Sep 30, 2015, 10:09 PM
im pretty good with it on friday at least after noon. and i might need a ride to adiar park sometimes but most of the time my mom can drive me
Oct 01, 2015, 05:16 PM
Sounds like the 3 of us can probably make it on Friday, should we say 1 pm at the Adair picnic tables?

My headplays might have burst into flames, we'll see. I plugged them in yesterday and smoke came out of the wire between the battery and goggles. It turns out they used zero insulation between ground and 12v, so all it took was eventually twisting the right way to get close enough and ZAP.

I stripped the wire back and it's melted together all the way from the goggles to the plug. Their tech support wants me to try plugging them in using the included backup wire, and if the goggles still work they'll just send me a replacement plug. Not sure what will happen if the goggles are fried, I guess they'll send me a replacement or I'll call my CC company about a refund.

So far the seller (RangeVideo) seems willing to fix it, and they said they made some changes to the newer versions. I'm guessing Scottie probably has the same wire I had, so you might think about contacting them for a replacement, and/or taking the plug apart to insulate the wires yourself.
Last edited by LeviW; Oct 01, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
Oct 01, 2015, 09:27 PM
oh i thought you meant all fidays but this friday im not free untill like 4 so will that work
Oct 01, 2015, 11:19 PM
I can meet anytime tomorrow. Levi, you are more than welcome to use my Headplay's tomorrow if your set is fried. I flew with my FatSharks the other day and it wasn't that bad. Just let me know what time works for you guys and I'll be there.
Oct 02, 2015, 08:51 AM
Sadly, I need to be home by 4:30 so I won't be able to stay that late.. maybe we'll have better timing next time.

My headplays turned on last night, but I don't trust the receiver yet. I want to find out before replying to the manufacturer, plus I'm already charged up and psyched to fly, so I'll be out there at 1pm even if it's just me.

Anyone who can make it is free to join me.
Oct 02, 2015, 08:52 AM
i talked to my mom and she said that this friday will actually not work so i guess ill have to meet you next time