FPV 250 Racing - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Benton County R/C Aerodrome (Adair Village, Oregon, United States)

Aug 17, 2015, 06:58 PM
Hey Luc, we'll be out there again on Friday if you're back in the air by then. I have a spare cc3d fc and 5v bec if they would help. No spare 2xxx motors, sadly. Just 1806's which cant handle 4s.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2015, 04:45 PM
oh i cant go until next week cause im going backpacking but i bet by next weekend or next week i could go flying
Aug 27, 2015, 11:15 PM
Hows the rebuild going? A few of us are meeting tomorrow at 5pm (weather permitting) if you're in the air by then.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:22 AM
im fixed up so ill be there
Aug 28, 2015, 04:08 PM
Just to clarify, we're meeting at the bbq area at the end of Adair park, not the main RC field. There are some trees and obstacles to fly through down there. Give me a call if you have any trouble finding us.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:25 AM
adair park was really fun for flying fpv but i went on google maps and found some other nice parks in Corvallis. Avery park seamed like a good place to fly fpv because there was a lot of obstacles to fly through and its pretty close. also i thought maybe we should try willamettte park too
Aug 29, 2015, 05:16 PM
Knife Edge Software
It's against city ordinance to fly model aircraft in Corvallis parks, except for a couple of them (bmx track and pioneer park, I think) I don't know how enforced that is, but it's something to consider.
Aug 29, 2015, 06:34 PM
I didn't know that, thanks. Do you know if it's okay at Adair park?
Aug 29, 2015, 07:28 PM
Knife Edge Software
I haven't checked into Adair Village regs, but it definitely won't be subject to Corvallis ords since it's not in the city.
Aug 30, 2015, 12:39 AM
Good point, Jeremy. I've made it a point not to fly in the Corvallis parks, just in case. I don't know the regs for Adair park but we should find out.

I've gone to the Corvallis bmx track several times but people often ride or walk up, so it's not very private. I think there's a little tent city near there, and people come investigate the noise..

There's a nice field leading up to the water treatment plant in south Corvallis. They keep it mowed and there is a beautiful line of trees (pylons!!) along the road, which is gated so there's almost no through traffic. Also, I live about a block away, so that's a perk.

edit: On that note, Sunday after about noon looks pretty good. Anyone want to fly?
Aug 30, 2015, 07:19 PM
Here are some links to FPV gates:

These are by far the best ones I've seen so far: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2382187

New from Ready Made RC:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=4462

http://www.getfpv.com/accessories-78...te-medium.html

These look really nice too:
http://www.fpvmodel.com/fpvmodel-racegates_g972.html

Just some ideas to get the wheels turning. Would be cool to have some "real" gates to set up a sweet course.
Sep 03, 2015, 02:27 PM
Who's up for some weekend flying, and when/where should we meet?

I'm going to a bbq near Adair at ~2pm, but they are the sort of people who might want to come gawk at a gaggle of quadcopters for an hour, so I don't think it would be a timing conflict.
Sep 03, 2015, 10:39 PM
sorry cant go
Sep 15, 2015, 11:57 PM
It sounds like the next 'race day' will be this Friday, weather permitting. Well, that's my next free day and it sounds like Scottie can probably make it as well. What times are people available?
Sep 16, 2015, 09:56 PM
im hunting all next week including friday