FPV 250 Racing - RC Groups

Benton County R/C Aerodrome (Adair Village, Oregon, United States)

Jul 09, 2015, 06:01 PM
Idea

FPV 250 Racing

We already had a discussion about the FPV racing schedule but a lot of times people cant make it every saturday morning or they don't know if anyone is going out to fly.
So i was thinking whoever wants to race Quads will just get each others number when ever we all meet up and whoever is going flying could just do a group text.
Last edited by LucWB; Jul 10, 2015 at 12:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2015, 06:02 PM
Last edited by LucWB; Jul 10, 2015 at 12:09 AM.
Aug 11, 2015, 05:55 PM
I was out of town for a bit, but im back and flying more regularly now. Not sure what your schedule is like or how easily you can get around town, but we should compare schedules and plan some meetups.

Scottie and i met last night for some aerial playground parkour, which was a blast. So even if we dont race, just zipping around together is a lot of fun.

I think you already have my number, but if not, pm me and ill send it to you.
Aug 11, 2015, 07:50 PM
ya i just got back to Oregon from vacation and i got my quad to run on 4s so ill be up and running in a few days
Aug 11, 2015, 09:32 PM
Nice! I bet the jump to 4s makes a noticeable difference in performance. Was it tough making the switch?

I imagine the motors and esc's were probably ok, but I bet you needed a step-down voltage regulator for the FC and camera/vtx? I'm using one of the pololu step-downs to get 5v, which seems pretty light compared to a full BEC.

Anyway let us know when you're free, I've never seen a 4s in person so I'm excited to see what it's like. =)
Aug 12, 2015, 12:38 AM
ya well i just got the 18 amp kiss esc today because the other one was defective and i havent tried it out yet but yes i did put a pololu step down to regulate the voltage to my FC and i use another one( that is a 12v step up/down) to power my fpv camera and i have direct power from my battery to my video tx
Aug 13, 2015, 11:18 AM
Looking forward to all of us getting together to fly. I may have sometime this Sunday and I'm off work Monday and Tuesday. Let me know what works for you guys. Luc, PM me for my number or you can get from Levi.
Aug 13, 2015, 04:25 PM
ya im going out of town for the whole weekend but i can fly on monday if that works for Levi and yes i have Levi's number so ill just ask him for yours
Aug 13, 2015, 04:30 PM
Cool. Let's fly Monday
Aug 13, 2015, 05:34 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll be free by noon on monday.
Aug 13, 2015, 06:06 PM
well i just installed the kiss 18amp esc's and i use one to power the naze with a step down voltage regulator and each of the motors will spin up when i turn on everything except that the esc powering the naze will not connect to the naze so im not sure what is going on
Aug 13, 2015, 06:36 PM
just figured it out its the naze board and i just realized that one of my motors is burnt up so i dont think i will be flying with you guys on monday sorry. quadcopters are a pain sometimes
Aug 13, 2015, 07:55 PM
Bummer, we've all been there. Let us know if you need a part to troubleshoot the problem.

I have 3/4ths of a spare quad, maybe someday I'll turn them into a fully functioning backup quad.
Aug 13, 2015, 08:03 PM
Bummer! Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Aug 13, 2015, 10:32 PM
alright i guess ill fly with you guys some other time