Sky Hero Anakin build/discussion - RC Groups
Jul 08, 2015, 11:35 PM
Flys Into Trees
New Product

Sky Hero Anakin build/discussion

i know its not out yet but ill be ordering a frame as soon as they are avaliable... and will be doing a step by step build in this thread.

http://www.helicomicro.com/sky-hero-anakin/
according to the above link there will be a kit and a bindnfly version, the kit is rumored to be around 149 € or $165

if you guys haven't already noticed the motors are mounted on that carbon rail and the arms mount to that rail via pivotballs. you can adjust those pivots meaning we can adjust the height of the frame in relation to the motors. it also may mean that we can tilt the whole motor plane forwards as well.

^ an example of the setup changes we can make.

i know ill be buying a frame as soon as it hits shelves. i personally think it will be a rather competetive quad and quite strong as well.

also it looks like they copied the arm geometry from one of my designs XD
Last edited by zdog 64; Jul 09, 2015 at 12:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2015, 11:56 PM
Daaaaaamn, that looks cool.
Jul 09, 2015, 12:10 AM
See how long the Anakin name lasts. Disney ain't too ken on letting thing slip. It's nice looking though.
Jul 09, 2015, 12:18 AM
Flys Into Trees
yea... im not too fond of the name anyways so i wouldnt be upset if disney made them change it
Jul 09, 2015, 08:42 AM
the pivot ball motor mounting thing is neat. I wonder how it will work in practice, though. I could see in a crash the motors pivoting enough that the props could strike the frame and chew it up.

what is included at that price?
Jul 09, 2015, 02:03 PM
Flys Into Trees
judging by the photos a couple different motor mounts/arms, the frame and the canopy
Jul 09, 2015, 11:26 PM
rkk
rkk
Good looking setup. I'll keep an eye on this one
Jul 10, 2015, 05:18 AM
RC Enthusiast
That's an awesome looking quad!

Such a clean design with the internally routed cabling.

The pivot joints for the motor mounts and the way you can configure the motor arms is really innovative. I had a look at the photos on the website link it looks like you can adjust the motor position for forward and lateral tilt.

I wonder if you will be able to use third party FC's, ESC's, Rx or if its exclusively an integrated proprietary system?
Jul 10, 2015, 09:23 AM
Flys Into Trees
They confirmed a kit version on Facebook. It utilizes the mini naze/cc3d and I'd think any esc that will fit in the tubes would work. I'm a bit worried about cooling though... If it proves to be an issue I may make some vent holes in the arms on my kit...
Jul 10, 2015, 09:38 AM
RC Enthusiast
That's great that they are offering a kit version! I hope the support is good. Good point on the esc cooling zdog. Do you think that creating vent holes in the arm tubes will weaken the structure?

I am looking forward to seeing your build when you get it
Jul 10, 2015, 04:01 PM
dx4life
If you feel the need you can put the esc on the outside no problem. I go round and round with Yves on this, he of course wants the pretty options.

Mine are functional and work great but are never pretty.
Jul 12, 2015, 05:35 PM
Flys Into Trees
according to the devs in a facebook post this quadcopter will be avaliable for order within a week
Jul 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
KK4BTL
Luke!!! I am your father!!!!
Jul 20, 2015, 11:57 AM
Sky-Hero website is up now.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:38 AM
Flys Into Trees
yep the website is up and the anakin frame is up for pre order.

http://sky-hero.com/magensky/aa/inde...ked-frame.html
Last edited by zdog 64; Jul 21, 2015 at 10:44 AM.