This thread is privately moderated by quitcherbitchen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2015, 10:48 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
Thread OP
Build Log

Machine gun lights on Durafly/Arrows Corsair

I recently added guns to my Durafly Corsair which I showed off to a local news crew that happened upon me flying. I strafed them pretty good. Loads of fun.
Corsair Machine Gun (0 min 8 sec)
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Apr 27, 2019 at 06:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2015, 06:34 AM
Thread OP
These are the 3mm LED lights I usedhttps://www.alliedelec.com/nte-elect...0044/70515484/ They are expensive, but they are very bright. I just happened to find these at a local electronics store, but I noticed they are actually hard to find even online.
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Mar 02, 2017, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Unfortunately, I tip stalled and crashed this really nice plane at 60+ flights. Bummer. Such a nice size and good flyer. With parts hardly available she is a write off.
May 09, 2019, 08:57 AM
Thread OP
Fortunately, now Arrows RC has brought this plane back after two years. I ordered another one and I will add an FPV camera in the cockpit using my spare canopy.
May 09, 2019, 12:51 PM
Did you get your $20 off?
May 09, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
I recently added guns to my Durafly Corsair which I showed off to a local news crew that happened upon me flying. I strafed them pretty good. Loads of fun.https://youtu.be/YyM8FFV6Hpo
Presume you used a Y cable coming from the BEC switched output to the sound and lite units?
May 09, 2019, 07:54 PM
Thread OP
No actually I use the electronic on and off switch from hobby King. The madthrust unit is pretty loud.
May 11, 2019, 06:52 AM

Speaker?

Quote:
No actually I use the electronic on and off switch from hobby King. The madthrust unit is pretty loud.
So the sound unit can be heard from the ground? I saw on one of these threads that a guy had reported his sound unit was too quiet to hear so he mounted it to his radio to irritate the other flyers.

Also did you mount lites on both sides as it looks like you used both outputs on the single side in your picture?

Did you use the multi-switch from HK? Does the landing lights on the Durafly/Arrow have a seperate plug that could use the switch tied into retracts? Thinking I could mix the retracts and Aux2 so the landing lights came on only when the retracts were down?
Last edited by Hunter49x; May 11, 2019 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Addition
May 11, 2019, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
Yes it can be heard very well if you mount it in the cowl. I don't know if you can use the board that arrows now uses to wire it up, but I just Y connect them to a receiver plug that is open and assign that to a momentary switch. The on and off switch can be used for the lights, but probably again needs to be wired to the retract switch with a Y connector.
May 23, 2019, 07:16 PM

FlyZone Corsair Install

I installed your setup as described on my FlyZone Corsair. Looks and works great. Now to see how it is in the air, if it ever stops raining.
May 23, 2019, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Where did you put the speaker?
May 24, 2019, 02:36 PM

speaker

Quote:
Where did you put the speaker?
Same place as you did on yours. In the cowl at the bottom.
May 24, 2019, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Then it will work good
May 26, 2019, 04:08 PM
I am working my way through the FMS B25 forum and see you are on there too. I am in the spot where you said you wanted to put machine gun lights on your B25. Is that where you got the idea of doing the corsair?

I will post a video of mine in the next few days as I am at the cabin till Tuesday.
Last edited by Hunter49x; May 26, 2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: update
May 26, 2019, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
I am on the B-26 thread. I got the idea for the lights when the Dr madthrust units first came out. The stock red lights that come with them are too dim. I upgraded the LEDs and now they are very visible during even sunny days. Almost all my planes have them. I just purchased a reflector target sight for my old A1 Skyraider. Now the cockpit footage with the gun noise will make inflight videos really look cool

Quick Reply