This thread is privately moderated by Late99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2015, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What's going on...

Should be best part of the flying season, but weather has been mainly lousy (= totally too windy). We really have to take advantage of all possible flying slots to get some flight time.
Name: fpv-late.jpg
Views: 101
Size: 265.4 KB
Description: Me watching FPV on quadrocopter... My RC Factory / Twisted Hobby's 39" EPP 540 Edge on the foreground.

I also finished my scratchbuild Ki-61 Tony. It turned out somewhat better than I dared to hope for. If interested, read my build log.
Name: SAM_6417.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 958.8 KB
Description: Scratchbuild Ki-61 Tony.

Then I ripped my HK Slick 360's motor mount in knife edge spin. I've been flying this plane hard, but still this was quite a surprise to me. Dead stick landing was perfect, but I've got plenty of repairing and it will take a while. More details at Slick 360 thread.
Name: DSC_0688.jpg
Views: 82
Size: 883.8 KB
Description: HK Slick 360 with broken motor mount.

Meanwhile I purchased Extreme Flight 48" Yak-54 EXP to replace Slick. It's all ready now and trimming flights ongoing... Still not as well trimmed / setup as the Slick was. The kit itself seems to be very well made and of high quality.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply