Jul 05, 2015, 01:40 AM
Thread OP
Video

Flying Snoopy for Comic-Con

This project was completed back in February and has many flights. I had been inspired by the Peanuts Movie trailer in December for the new 3D movie to be released this November. He flies great and is a crowd pleaser. When I was 13 I saw the first Snoopy Doghouse fly at Toledo. Now I have one of my own.

Peanuts Movie Flying Snoopy for Comic-Con by Otto Dieffenbach (0 min 47 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2015, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach
This project was completed back in February and has many flights. I had been inspired by the Peanuts Movie trailer in December for the new 3D movie to be released this November. He flies great and is a crowd pleaser. When I was 13 I saw the first Snoopy Doghouse fly at Toledo. Now I have one of my own.

https://youtu.be/hiaTCxqSan8
thank you for making us dream!
Jul 07, 2015, 03:59 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Excellent design Otto. Great to see your other achievements all together and still in one piece.
Jul 07, 2015, 09:20 PM
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
He's the same guy that made the flying TARDIS?

Cool!
Jul 07, 2015, 11:53 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
And his wife has bright red sneakers.
Jul 08, 2015, 08:21 AM
This just made my day!
Jul 08, 2015, 10:02 AM
Electric Coolhunter
More excellent work!

I recall that the lawyers for Charles Shultz actually called a halt to publicly advertised displays of Signorino's well known flying Snoopy doghouse many years ago on copyright/ trademark issues.

Did you do this for fun, or are the movie people involved?
Jul 08, 2015, 10:34 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Well done!
Jul 08, 2015, 04:08 PM
AMA 754
Thomas B is correct. I was a member of one of the clubs named in a Cease and Desist action back in the late 1970's, filed by King Features Syndicates. From that point on, it was simply, "The Flying Doghouse vs. the Red Baron".
Jul 08, 2015, 09:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
More excellent work!

I recall that the lawyers for Charles Shultz actually called a halt to publicly advertised displays of Signorino's well known flying Snoopy doghouse many years ago on copyright/ trademark issues.

Did you do this for fun, or are the movie people involved?
A little of both.
Jul 08, 2015, 09:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut
Thomas B is correct. I was a member of one of the clubs named in a Cease and Desist action back in the late 1970's, filed by King Features Syndicates. From that point on, it was simply, "The Flying Doghouse vs. the Red Baron".
I've had nothing but positive contact with Peanuts Worldwide and 20th Century Fox. We'll see if that changes and I may be flying a Doghouse too. I have made several approaches to Iconix, the company handling Peanuts intellectual property to work out an agreement.
Jul 09, 2015, 02:52 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
Snoopy first flew back around 1962-63 at the Toledo Trade Show. It was nitro powered, and completely enclosed with slats on the sides. Quite a show back then. It's pardner was a flying lawnmower.
Jul 09, 2015, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder
Snoopy first flew back around 1962-63 at the Toledo Trade Show. It was nitro powered, and completely enclosed with slats on the sides. Quite a show back then. It's pardner was a flying lawnmower.
I was there in 67/68 and thought that that was the first. I stand corrected.
Jul 10, 2015, 10:51 AM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
Otto; At the time I was working for World Engines/Controlaire out of Cincy Ohio, and I was required to attend to help with the booth and displays. I was their machinist and mold maker at the time, and got to do a lot of test flying as they developed the new Propo gear.
Jul 10, 2015, 12:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder
Otto; At the time I was working for World Engines/Controlaire out of Cincy Ohio, and I was required to attend to help with the booth and displays. I was their machinist and mold maker at the time, and got to do a lot of test flying as they developed the new Propo gear.
My Dad and I rep'd for World Engines. At 15 I built a MAN 234 at the DCRC Symposium on Saturday and flew it on Sunday. Still have my old WE jacket.

Quick Reply