This thread is privately moderated by marblekit, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 04, 2015, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying Trash! Parkzone P-51D

Flying Trash! Parkzone P-51D (Part 1) (2 min 41 sec)

I recently purchased the entire collection of planes, crashed planes and other RC airplane parts, accessories and other "junk" of a hobbyist who was quitting the hobby for almost next to nothing (too sick and tired of crashing and repairing!)

This plane was built from a completely trashed Parkzone P-51D. The entire nose of the plane was torn off. Motor and ESC were fried, smashed cowl, unusable spinner, no prop, stripped servos, no canopy...

BUT, the main wing and stabs were still in good shape so I decided to try and rebuild it. I added an AX2308n 11kv motor, 20amp ESC, servos for the ailerons and elevator (no rudder).

I didn't have a canopy so I created a temporary cover with some dollar tree foam and BBQ skewers.

Yeah, this plane looks super ghetto! BUT, it flies!

The motor is definitely too weak for this airframe. I will replace this motor with a more powerful one for the next part and make a proper looking canopy to at least make it look like a decent P-51!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply