Jul 04, 2015, 12:29 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV racing at WATTS

There has been a bit if interest in setting up an FPV course at WATTS for 250 Quad racing. We are going to do what we can to accommodate this. It wont be a permanent setup but we should be able to utilize the west end of the field without shutting down the main flightline.

Safety will be most important with anything we do at the event. I'll need a few volunteers to help organize and setup the course as well as manage FPV frequencies.

Chime in here with your thoughts and ideas and we'll see what we can do to get this puled together.

Thanks,

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2015, 09:37 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
As I mentioned before I can contribute 3 airgates.

Keeping frequencies together will be pretty tough, we might need a board with all 32 channels on it. I could make one of needed but signs aren't my expertise

I can help with setup of the course too. Are we talking about a nascar track style oval or a curving path?

-Ian
Jul 15, 2015, 06:39 AM
previously spaulj
I have some gates and ground arrows too. I'll have a video freq. board with 32ch. too.

I think that island of trees on the NE side of the field are in video range, it would be cool to include a few turns in there.

As an aside: Vintauri, will it be okay to fly FPV during the day in the regular flight pattern?

Paul J.
Jul 15, 2015, 09:22 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
The wooded area would be difficult to get into. There is thick brush surrounding it that is full of thorns. I pity anyone who crashes in there.

FPV during the regular flight pattern will be fine. You'll need to follow AMA guidelines on FPV and have a spotter as usual.

FPV frequency management will be up to pilots. We'll assist as we can but you'll want to make sure you check that frequencies are clear and hopefully try to coordinate who is using what so there are few conflicts.

Steve

Quick Reply