Nov 03, 2004, 07:45 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Thread OP
Hi Rolf,.. thanks for letting me know!,.. I'll see what the fairs are like for then anyway,.. I've been wanting to hook up with Pat anyway for that weekend, but work will also be the desider on wether I do go, or not..!

I'm looking forward to it anyway, I can't ever seem to be able get enough of it anyway!...

Hey, budgienutz,.. COOL!!! 'Welcome to the group'..!!! Where in Qld are you?,.. I'd love to hook up with you too one day and chat bikes etc,.. I've also got some spare 3300's to sell if you want them..? With that 15T, you should get 20-25mins run time out of it..! PM me if you like..?!~

Shaun
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2004, 06:04 AM
OK Guys Good News,

The club will let us race the bikes on the last sunday if the month. So come on out see www.nswrcrcc.org for directions to the track I will send you all a PM with my work email address if you won't to contact me.

The only thing the club is worried about is the wires on the sides of the bike affecting the track but I can't see that being a problem.

Cheers

Rolf

See you on the 28th
Nov 12, 2004, 04:41 PM
souds good I have the gas converted tt Ive been racing 1/10 tourers up there there the last couple of weekends and I m gonna have to get some practice in as I havnt been using the bike since I dameged it in a hiside then 10m long end for end cartweel. I need to make new fork bushes my ones broke. I have made some rims with foam tyres to test at liverpool and was thinking of even giving it a run next weekend at the 1/10 in the morning
before racing but I will definitly be there on the 28
Nov 12, 2004, 09:29 PM
STeve B in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassro
OK Guys Good News,

The only thing the club is worried about is the wires on the sides of the bike affecting the track
...?
Nov 13, 2004, 01:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
...?
...???... I don't think the little crash bars on the side would be any different to a 1/5th scale car hitting the black stuff..! Anyway,.. my crash bars are made from 5mm Nylon rod..! You don't even hear then touching the ground...!!!

Shaun

BTW,.. I'm still keen to race with you all, but as always, work comes first!.. I just hope my next job doesn't start till after then..! ( they havn't told me when yet!)
Nov 14, 2004, 07:58 PM
Shaun,

Those bars are neat I hate the sound of the wire on the ground. Mollycbr123 we are talking about a lot of uptight car guys some don't even want 1/5th cars on the track.

Hell if a 1/8th car flips it will run on the protector bar which is similar to the side bars on the bikes anyway.

Shaun I might cover my wire with old ariel tube. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers

Rolf
Nov 18, 2004, 09:40 PM
Only 9 days until we run out at Liverpool see you all there. I would arrive around 9:00 to 9:30 any later you may miss the drivers meeting and they will probably want to lay down some rules the usual do's and don't.

Unfortunately Paul with his Bergonzoni bike won't be there but I hope we can all make it for some fun. I am worried I won't be able to stay on the black stuff.

I will bring out my digital camera and hopefully someone will get some action shots.

Cheers

Rolf
Nov 18, 2004, 09:48 PM
STeve B in NC
y'all have fun!
Nov 19, 2004, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Just an update at my end,... It looks like Pat might not beable to make it on the day, and he was my place bto stay for the weekend,.. sooo I might not beable to make it now!.. I just don't have the funds to find hotel Acc etc..! I hate not having the ready cash for these things,.. the plane flight cost is enough, let alone Acc and trans to get to the track..!

Rolf,.. I hope this doesn't change things for the bikes to much,..

On another note,.. I met a guy today that has a 999,.. his bike looked a bit used, but he had the option fork triples set from the 999's kit parts catalog..! I've never seen them before untill now,.. how come I've never seen anyone on here with them yet..??? They were anodized red with an embosed TT logo stamped into them, they looked really cool..!!!

Shaun
Nov 22, 2004, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
Just an update at my end,... It looks like Pat might not beable to make it on the day, and he was my place bto stay for the weekend,.. sooo I might not beable to make it now!.. I just don't have the funds to find hotel Acc etc..! I hate not having the ready cash for these things,.. the plane flight cost is enough, let alone Acc and trans to get to the track..!

Rolf,.. I hope this doesn't change things for the bikes to much,..

On another note,.. I met a guy today that has a 999,.. his bike looked a bit used, but he had the option fork triples set from the 999's kit parts catalog..! I've never seen them before untill now,.. how come I've never seen anyone on here with them yet..??? They were anodized red with an embosed TT logo stamped into them, they looked really cool..!!!

Shaun

Shaun,

If I had the room I would say come on over unforetunately but I don't sorry . Well maybe in the future when we finally have a class up and going you will come down and race. I know we are racing again on the second Sunday in December although its a bit close to chrissy.

Hope you didn't pay for your flight already if you did the mongrels will never refund it.

Cheers

Rolf
Nov 22, 2004, 02:12 AM
Shaun, I've only seen one place that sells those TT parts and its a shop in Germany. I was gonna order them but the last time I ordered something from Germany(not from these guys) I never got it and they would not refund my money or resend the order. So I just don't order from Germany unless someone is there and actually buys it and sends it to me.
Tom
Nov 29, 2004, 04:48 PM
Well not so good on sunday I raced my car for the first time in about 18 months but did not get a chance all day to put the bike on the track.

Had to many problems with the car to even have a play with the bike.
Nov 29, 2004, 05:06 PM
Thread OP
Hi Hassro,..

Sorry to here you didn't get to run your bike!.. I only wish I was there to help out getting your bike setup while you were racing your car!.. I'll have to come down to Sydney one of these days anyway to see Pat, and maybe get all of us together at the liverpool track for some practice..!

Shaun
Nov 29, 2004, 05:20 PM
No probs Shaun racing is again in December 2nd Sunday and then after that in January not sure of the date but will let all know.

Sunday I had problems I destroyed a brand new flywheel on my Zenoah when a screw decided to fall inside and rip all the cooling fins off of it.

I guess January or Febuary would be a better time to organise the bikes. That way Chrissy is over with and all those family do's we all love so much should be done as well.

Cheers

Rolf
Dec 08, 2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Aussie(s) ...

I maybe "permanently" moving to Sydney in a very near future.

I would be interesting to know if I will get chances in Sydney to Race my Bikes (I love more my HOR ... but still the TT would be nice) ... and as well I need to get a place to race my Tamiya F1 (F201).

At the moment in Austria I can access in 30min car drive a excellent racing club ... but just good for my F201 ... since Bykes are rare in Austria.

Danke

e_lm_70

P.S: Independently of where I will drop my ass (Austria or Australia or wherever) I will be in Vegas '05 ... even if it will not be in Vegas ...

Quick Reply