Oct 31, 2006, 08:10 PM
Just wondering what diameter piano wire i would need to make crash bars from? I'm thinking 1/32"?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2006, 01:51 AM
Hi Sean, The K&S brass rod I got says 3/32 on it, it's he exact same diameter as the piano wire I got from scaulfi on the weekend.
Being a metric boy I dont know the difference between 1/32 and 3/32
Nov 01, 2006, 02:08 AM
I forgot to mention, the au motorcycle expo is this weekend!

http://www.australianmotorcycleexpo.com.au/

I'll be riding to capitalise on the free bike parking, just hope fifteen thousand scooters dont beat me there and take up all the spots
Nov 01, 2006, 03:39 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Thread OP
Troy,.. I'll come too.. Hey,.. I work right near the convention centre, we could park there and you would'nt have to worry about anything.., it's a 2min walk..

Shaun
Nov 01, 2006, 04:29 PM
Shaun, thats awesome, I might bring the car instead if thats the case. I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss.

BTW I'm placing an order with 2wheelhobbies in the next day or so, If anyone wants anything let me know and we can split the postage cost.

Cheers
Nov 01, 2006, 05:17 PM
I need 4 steering shocks, 3 unpainted bodies, 2 ttn front ri.....nevermind it would cost me more to pick it up than to have it shipped to me. 8)
Nov 01, 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Hi Sean, The K&S brass rod I got says 3/32 on it, it's he exact same diameter as the piano wire I got from scaulfi on the weekend.
Being a metric boy I dont know the difference between 1/32 and 3/32
Cool, thanks Troy
Nov 02, 2006, 01:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Shaun, thats awesome, I might bring the car instead if thats the case. I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss.

BTW I'm placing an order with 2wheelhobbies in the next day or so, If anyone wants anything let me know and we can split the postage cost.

Cheers
Hey,.. I might take you up on that offer..! If it's not asking too much, could I get THIS.. I need another one, Thanks Troy!..

Shaun
Nov 02, 2006, 04:28 AM
Shaun, no worries, thats a sharp piece of kit. Wouldnt mind one for myself but I have to stick to budget

Anyone else ?. I'll put the order through tomorrow (friday) so if you're keen let me know.

Staltus, where are you ?.
Nov 02, 2006, 06:01 AM
damn I just put one through, great service recommend the integy rear shock (requires some mods) and RD front forks but I'm a newbie so take it with a grain of salt.
Nov 02, 2006, 01:53 PM
Troy, South Central Texas, I was in a weird mood when I wrote that.
Nov 03, 2006, 03:35 AM
Bemarc, what do the RD forks feel like ?. they look pretty sharp but are they a big improvement over the stock shocks ?. I'm leaning towards the Tornado forks myself, a little more expensive but they look great.

Staltus, if you're a good swimmer you could possibly get it cheap, aussie dollar conversion works in your favour. Of course.. it might take a month of swimming either way to collect
Nov 04, 2006, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Bemarc, what do the RD forks feel like ?. they look pretty sharp but are they a big improvement over the stock shocks ?. I'm leaning towards the Tornado forks myself, a little more expensive but they look great.
The RD forks feel real nice and are solidly built and have a good damping feel.

They have the same cap that you unscrew at the top of the shock as the standard ones, which gives you access to a grub screw. When you undo this grub screw it seperates the top part and the bottom damper. I haven't looking into it to much but it looks like the damper may not be rebuildable? however they also feel like they won't really need to be rebuilt anytime soon.

the biggest think to note is that they are a little shorter than the standard fm1e forks so to restore the bikes original front end height you will need to redrill the mounting fo the front assembly. The same way they suggest on www.rcbike.com. I'll get some pics when I get home.
Nov 05, 2006, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
Ok!,.. Who's up for Gilly this coming Saturday/Sunday..???
And I won't forget to get the DVcam out this time either.. LOL

Shaun
Nov 05, 2006, 08:53 PM
Time may be against me but I will see what I can do....I went to run on sunday morning and broke the one-way bearing. Lucky for me mr UPS is bringing me a box with some bits including a one-way, though even if my bike doesn't go I would still like to come and say hi.

Simon

Quick Reply