Jan 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
bugger, its dry but really muggy here, so you reckon its worth the trip or will they close the day if its raining ?.

Edit: I'm hedging my bets on it being an awesome day, the suns out here and BOM say rain should go away.
See you soon!
Last edited by TroyM; Jan 24, 2009 at 04:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2009, 04:27 PM
Rain seems to have stopped for now. Forecast is for a shower or 2, so hopefully that was it.

http://www.bom.gov.au shows very little cloud, and it's moving out to sea.

Troy, Im thinking it will be ok but it's hard to tell.
Jan 24, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm still heading to the track shortly and I know that a few truck guys will definitely be there also
Eden
Jan 24, 2009, 05:24 PM
I leaving now, see you there
Jan 25, 2009, 03:11 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Thread OP
Thanks to everyone for coming today, shame the rain hung around for so long.. After you guys left Eden and I went out for a few more packs. I also dumped 2 packs in the fast bike,.. and the miniKP got to see the black too..

On a side note, Steve (orgainizer), wanted to know if the people that did'nt pay their $10'er for today could they bring it with them next time.. I paid for my membership today, and for a key too. I see loads of free track time ahead..
Jan 25, 2009, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
On a side note, Steve (orgainizer), wanted to know if the people that did'nt pay their $10'er for today could they bring it with them next time..
I kicked myself on the way home when I realised i'd forgotten, I also forgot to give you that 20 too. Must have been the extreme heat melting my brain.

Glad to hear you guys got some more packs in, I'm up for some shock rebuilding before i'm back on the track again, i've got two busted integys and a revo that need attention now.

I was keen to get the venom out on the track but i'll have to wait till next time, it will be heaps better with the brakes.

Still had a good day even though we only got a couple of sessions in.
Jan 25, 2009, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi
On a side note, Steve (orgainizer), wanted to know if the people that did'nt pay their $10'er for today could they bring it with them next time.. I paid for my membership today, and for a key too. I see loads of free track time ahead..
Oops, will do.
Feb 01, 2009, 09:42 PM
Sunday Bike racing is coming up fast and I can't wait.

I snuck a quick look at the weather forecast and I don't like what I see. Hopefully it will change for the better...

Quote:
Saturday Rain periods. Min 23 Max 28
Sunday Rain periods. Min 23 Max 28
I think I'll make a splash guard for the ESC so we can race between the showers providing the puddles aren't too bad.

If I go through all this effort, it is sure to guarantee perfect racing weather with not a cloud in the sky on Sunday
Feb 02, 2009, 12:24 AM
I'm out for this weekend .....stupid weekend work
Feb 02, 2009, 06:47 PM
I'll be there. Better get to it and rebuild my rear shock!.

Lenny, did you go to Gilston on Sunday ?. Any interesting news ?
Feb 02, 2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
I'll be there. Better get to it and rebuild my rear shock!.

Lenny, did you go to Gilston on Sunday ?. Any interesting news ?
Yeah, I went.
For the first meet & AGM there was a total of seven people including myself.
Pretty piss poor effort.

Looking forward to racing this weekend, See you all there.

R.I.P. Gilston.

Lenny.
Feb 02, 2009, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma
R.I.P. Gilston.

Lenny.
I'm guessing that means NO interesting news. Not surprised really.

But having said that, they were the first club to support the bikes and I am very grateful for that.

On to bigger and better things

Ben
Feb 02, 2009, 11:11 PM
With all due respect to Chris H for running the race days as well as he did, the club only has itself to blame really. Of all the racers there us bike guys supported the club more than any other class (just look at the 2008 results for evidence) yet we still werent notified when days were cancelled.

I hope the situation improves and we see Giltson come back to life. Maybe this is "the recession we had to have"
Feb 05, 2009, 05:13 PM
We are in more luck.

Sundays weather is no longer 'Pain Periods'

it has changed to 'Shower or two'

since Saturday is fine, I bet the showers won't arrive until Sunday afternoon.

Way to go! I can't wait
Feb 05, 2009, 10:05 PM
"Pain Periods" ?? that dosent sound good..

I rebuilt two integys last night but one of them is (still) leaking, must be a half bad o-ring. The other one looks OK but I'll pull the shock out of ricky just to be sure i've got a backup.

Quick Reply