Jul 04, 2015, 02:57 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Thanks for documenting this.

Is there a summery page somewhere that lists the new features of 2.1?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2015, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer
Thanks for documenting this.

Is there a summery page somewhere that lists the new features of 2.1?
There should be a change log published when 2.1.0 is published soon.

There have been a couple of things that were fixed in the last couple of days. As far as my testing, I only have one small item left having to do with the backing up the Taranis to my PC using Companion. It is a minor thing and I'm not sure if it is my error or they changed the way one parameter is saved from the Taranis.

As I discussed above, the main things that I have noticed are the changes in Telemetry, Failsafe (my suggestion that was adopted), and the need for new voice files. 2.1 is apparently on a different fork than 2.0 so the code changes to make all this work might be more extensive than I'm seeing from the user interface.

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Jul 04, 2015 at 06:22 PM.
Jul 04, 2015, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
. . . I'm on the waiting list at Aloft Hobbies for a FrSKY Horus X12D, so yes I'm a big OpenTX fan. . .

Mike
Note that the Horus won't have OpenTx from FrSky - they are writing their own fw for it. If it is delayed long enough the devs may be able to write a Horus version of 2.1.x.
Jul 04, 2015, 05:53 PM
The Junk Man
[DELETED]

Sorry, not released yet, I need to read more closely.

Tom
Jul 04, 2015, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV12Steve
Note that the Horus won't have OpenTx from FrSky - they are writing their own fw for it. If it is delayed long enough the devs may be able to write a Horus version of 2.1.x.
This could be some good news for the possibility of OpenTX on the Horus X12D https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/2395

I'm on the waiting list with the condition that OpentTX will be available, it does not need to come from FrSky. In my opinion I think FrSky is wasting their time and money doing their own FW when OpenTX could be available. But I'm a OpenTX fan!

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Jul 04, 2015 at 06:21 PM.
Jul 04, 2015, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed
I'd be willing to take a crack at it if you can point me to the new format requirements.
Edit: I have updated to file using the 07/04/15 2.1 sounds to reflect the recent changes

I wrote a quick shell script hack a few days ago to compare the sums of the 2.0 and 2.1 sound files and it looks like 44 files changed names. They are all in the system directory. It doesn't look like there are any new files I was mistaken, there are new files, see next post, just the existing files names changed. So I think all that needs to be done is rename the existing Amber files to the new names. I'll attach my output of what I think changed in case somebody wants to rename them manually. This is from a couple of days ago so it might have changed so I'll do it again in a couple of more days in case something changes. It should be pretty easy to rename them with a script once we know for sure what changed.

Perhaps Kilrah can confirm that this list looks correct.

File format is:

2.1 filename, 2.0 filename with the same sum

Edit: Just realized file has UNIX line endings so Windows users open with Wordpad instead of Notepad, or something else that understands UNIX line endings.

Jim
Last edited by Jim Taylor; Jul 05, 2015 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Add note about file contaning UNIX line endings
Jul 04, 2015, 07:52 PM
I reordered my Amber sounds to use in 2.1.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?p=31997415
Jul 04, 2015, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMH
I reordered my Amber sounds to use in 2.1.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?p=31997415
Thanks for the link and the work, not sure how I missed it, would have saved me some time.
Jul 04, 2015, 10:25 PM
MrE
MrE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
FrSky Taranis and Taranis Plus OpenTX 2.1.X

Telemetry, there are lots of new things in Telemetry and that requires that you pretty much reprogram anything Telemetry related that you had programed in in 2.0.17. Telemetry sensors are only viewable or selectable when they are active, e.g. SWR, RSSI and A1 voltage (Called RxBt now) to display or use them in any programming. For me that meant I had to have the aircraft receiver on for the model I was programming. Setting up the Telemetry screens look similar to 2.0.17 so that was easy to reprogram.

Mike
Does this mean you cant use Companion to program telemetry setting unless the model - with all the sensors - is powered up??????

If so, thats going to be incredibly inconvenient and potentially risky. I would have to remove all props before doing any programming every time I made a change or started a new model.
Jul 04, 2015, 10:33 PM
After the Tx reads the sensors, you could load the model from the Tx into Companion and do all your tweaking there.
Jul 04, 2015, 10:37 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE
Does this mean you cant use Companion to program telemetry setting unless the model - with all the sensors - is powered up??????

If so, thats going to be incredibly inconvenient and potentially risky. I would have to remove all props before doing any programming every time I made a change or started a new model.
This could be a bug, or it could be by design. Or he might be wrong and it just seemed that way when he first tried it

Either way it sounds like a bad idea. You should be able to fully program the radio with nothing but the radio itself powered up.
Jul 05, 2015, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
This could be a bug, or it could be by design. Or he might be wrong and it just seemed that way when he first tried it

Either way it sounds like a bad idea. You should be able to fully program the radio with nothing but the radio itself powered up.
I think you can just copy them from another model after you did this for the first time and know the parameters.

Maybe they add some pick list in the future with the popular sensors....
Jul 05, 2015, 02:00 AM
MrE
MrE
I sure hope its a bug or maybe something thats not quite finalized or maybe I'm mis-reading the OP's description of how it works.

That would be a deal breaker for me.
Jul 05, 2015, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie

It maybe similar to the MPX Profi, it has to see the sensors once in that model memory, after that you can tweak the settings with only the Tx switched on. This makes sense if the Tx automatically populates the sensors in use, it has to see them at some point to know what is connected.
Jul 05, 2015, 02:11 AM
Is it recommended to go to 2.0.17 before updating to 2.1.0 ?
Or can I go from 2.0.xx directly to 2.1.0 ?

Quick Reply