Jun 25, 2004, 12:16 PM
Thread OP

Anyone have Me-262 Schwalbe plans?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a set of plans for an Me-262.

I convinced my brother to get into the hobby (he can train on my planes.) He'd like to build an Me-262 EDF jet with twin ducted fans. Due to the size of my flying field (and the expenses involved) I was thinking of powering the jet with 2 CD-ROM motors fitted to a pair of EDF-50s.

Plans of any size would be great (I can always scale them up or down ) and three views showing fuselage cross-sections would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer balsa plans as both he and I are familiar with the type of construction. However, if you have foam ones I could try those too.

Thanks to all,
Cameron Aach

PS Thought I'd add the second painting since it looks funny (sort of )
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2004, 12:34 PM
try this
its a little bit large but its a good plan
http://www.neckar-verlag.de/katalog/9692.htm
Jun 25, 2004, 02:44 PM
The Above Plan is Prolly a Good Size for the MicroFans.. Scale size of the Intakes onna 262 was approx 18" Diameter.. Micrfans are prolly still a bit too big for scale :-)
But using a Couple of Razors and/or Lehners you could concievably push 600 watts total thru the thing.. Definitely NOT for Beginners.. or even moderately experienced as well.
Jun 25, 2004, 03:14 PM
Cameron, I have built two small me262's the first was based on a free plan in one of the English model mag. several years back. It was for a free flight Jetex version, but I scaled it up x2 and tried to put 2 edf50's in it. I gave up on it because of weight, and the frame covered with tissue looked more like the Hindenburg then a 262. The second attempt went much better. I made it out of foam and used thr edf40's to bring the engines down closer to scale.
My finished weight was around 9/12 ounces with removable landing gear. My foam version will ROG and I live in Salt Lake City around 4500ft. I posted the plane a few months back. If you use CD motors you should be able to make a larger one, with more scale engines and almost double the thrust as mine.

Good luck ----Stacker
Jun 25, 2004, 03:17 PM
One more for size ref. next to GWS mustang.

Cheers
Jun 25, 2004, 03:18 PM
Mr Mootsie
Mark Rittinger, here on the Ezone, has plans for a S400 version, which, I'm sure, can be adapted for EDF.
Jun 25, 2004, 03:46 PM
How can I get plans for either of the ME-262's? I would like to also make a foam version for dual pusher, I am not that big of a EDF fan.
Jun 25, 2004, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info! I know of Mr. Rittinger's design but haven't taken a look yet. Kerberos' plan looks very promising.

Thanks once again!

Cameron Aach

PS: If there are plans for Stacker's EDF40 Me-262, I'd be very interested also
Jun 29, 2004, 08:11 PM
I recently inquired (for the second time) about plans and a back issue of the magazine from Neckar Verlag but have never received any response. Has anyone in the US had any luck with them?

Thanks,

Bob Fox
Jun 29, 2004, 08:15 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Max-Q
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a set of plans for an Me-262. ...
This one is larger, for twin MF480's (Herbert Locklair design) :

http://www.wemotec.com/2_5_1.html
Jun 29, 2004, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Herb, thanks for the link. That one looks VERY possible. I'm going to look at that one quite closely.

Thanks for the support everyone! You guys are great.
Last edited by The Max-Q; Jun 29, 2004 at 08:53 PM.
Jun 29, 2004, 10:07 PM
Heads-up on the Wemotec plans. I've been trying to acquiring these for a couple of years now without much luck. Recently, I received an email from Oliver stating that they are in stock. I placed an order for a complete set and now I can not get a confirmation that the order was received or shipped.

Here in the US, Markos of Warbirds RC has ordered a Wemotec set for me and I will hopefully have them in a couple of weeks. Also, at one time, Warbirds RC was going to sell this kit http://www.rtmodels.com/products/me262.htm
I don't see it listed on the web page anymore.

I hope this helps,

Bob Fox
Jun 29, 2004, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninpofox
Also, at one time, Warbirds RC was going to sell this kit http://www.rtmodels.com/products/me262.htm
I don't see it listed on the web page anymore.

I hope this helps,

Bob Fox
Markos may chime in here but he still has plans to do it later in the future. Like anything new things take time to get updated and improved upon.

Thanks,
Mark
Jun 30, 2004, 12:59 AM
The plan from Neckar-Verlag post #2 is the same as the plan from Wemotec
Jun 30, 2004, 07:02 AM
Friends,

just get the kit from Hobby-Land, I built 2 years ago, all coposit, fuselage and wing for 2x Minifan and 400 motors. weight about 2000g = 4,4 pounds.
Today you can use Lipos or Konions, so weight may be even less, or same weight longer flights.

Safes lot of contruction time, you are in the air in between 2 weeks!

Heiner

Quick Reply