Try to build Tiger Moth Balsa kit - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jul 02, 2015, 02:37 AM
Registered User
Build Log

Try to build Tiger Moth Balsa kit


Hi, Everyone

I'm just a new ,recently I bought one piece of balsa kit--Tiger Moth.
Maybe I'm not experienced in assembling.
Ok, let's begin.

I unpacked the kit on 2015-6-20. I found this drawing.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2015, 02:41 AM
Registered User

See inside of the box.


So many parts !
Jul 02, 2015, 02:42 AM
Registered User
First, Let's get them out !
Jul 02, 2015, 02:44 AM
Registered User

List all parts here


List all parts here
Jul 02, 2015, 02:19 PM
Registered User
Well, you didn't pick the most newby friendly kit to start with. But, at least it is laser cut so the parts fit might be good. Get some thin & medium CA glue. Make absolutely sure you have a flat building surface and make each assembly FLAT on that surface. Don't drown each glue joint. If you want a nice looking model try to not get glue on the top surface of the wood where you eill apply covering. You probably will get some tho. You will have to sand that wood smooth (400 - 600grit ) at the end.

I'm done for now........others please add!
Jul 02, 2015, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
Well, you didn't pick the most newby friendly kit to start with. But, at least it is laser cut so the parts fit might be good. Get some thin & medium CA glue. Make absolutely sure you have a flat building surface and make each assembly FLAT on that surface. Don't drown each glue joint. If you want a nice looking model try to not get glue on the top surface of the wood where you eill apply covering. You probably will get some tho. You will have to sand that wood smooth (400 - 600grit ) at the end.

I'm done for now........others please add!
Ok, maybe I should pick a friendly kit to start. But now I have to go on.
It seems you are very experienced in it. Hope you can reply continuously.
Last edited by ACCHOBBY; Jul 02, 2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: wrong word
Jul 03, 2015, 09:27 AM
Registered User
If you see blacked edges on the various parts from the laser cutting you could lightly sand that off. This would be on the outer edges where your covering will attach. The black could show through! Take great care to not change the shape of the piece. If the black does not come off then it is best to just leave it.

Draw a long straight line on a paper as long as your fuselage. Place the unglued fuse (may need to use a few rubber bands to hold it together) on this line to verify the fuse will be straight before the final glue.


BTW what kit? Engine/motor? Covering method?
Last edited by Garyss; Jul 03, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
Jul 06, 2015, 04:48 AM
Registered User

reply


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
If you see blacked edges on the various parts from the laser cutting you could lightly sand that off. This would be on the outer edges where your covering will attach. The black could show through! Take great care to not change the shape of the piece. If the black does not come off then it is best to just leave it.

Draw a long straight line on a paper as long as your fuselage. Place the unglued fuse (may need to use a few rubber bands to hold it together) on this line to verify the fuse will be straight before the final glue.


BTW what kit? Engine/motor? Covering method?
Tiger Moth Kit
GP and EP are ok. you can choose GP or EP.
Jul 07, 2015, 12:05 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Yup, a Tiger Moth kit. We were able to glean that from your thread tittle. I think more than one of us want to know the maker of the kit.
Latest blog entry: A123 battery source
Jul 07, 2015, 10:51 PM
Registered User

go on


go on
Jul 08, 2015, 09:08 AM
I am a nice guy! Really!

What is the brand of the kit you are building?


In other words who made it? What company manufactured it? By whom was it made?
Latest blog entry: A123 battery source
Jul 08, 2015, 12:01 PM
Registered User
Joe Pierson's Avatar
Looks nice, where did you buy the kit?
Jul 09, 2015, 09:04 PM
God is my pilot
JimTMich's Avatar
Enquiring minds want to know
.
Jul 12, 2015, 10:38 PM
Registered User

manufacture


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky
In other words who made it? What company manufactured it? By whom was it made?
It's manufactured by ELERC. Email: elerc@elerc.com


Thread Tools