Try to build Tiger Moth Balsa kit - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 02, 2015, 02:37 AM
Build Log

Try to build Tiger Moth Balsa kit

Hi, Everyone

I'm just a new ,recently I bought one piece of balsa kit--Tiger Moth.
Maybe I'm not experienced in assembling.
Ok, let's begin.

I unpacked the kit on 2015-6-20. I found this drawing.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2015, 02:41 AM

See inside of the box.

So many parts !
Jul 02, 2015, 02:42 AM
First, Let's get them out !
Jul 02, 2015, 02:44 AM

List all parts here

List all parts here
Jul 02, 2015, 02:19 PM
Well, you didn't pick the most newby friendly kit to start with. But, at least it is laser cut so the parts fit might be good. Get some thin & medium CA glue. Make absolutely sure you have a flat building surface and make each assembly FLAT on that surface. Don't drown each glue joint. If you want a nice looking model try to not get glue on the top surface of the wood where you eill apply covering. You probably will get some tho. You will have to sand that wood smooth (400 - 600grit ) at the end.

I'm done for now........others please add!
Jul 02, 2015, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
Well, you didn't pick the most newby friendly kit to start with. But, at least it is laser cut so the parts fit might be good. Get some thin & medium CA glue. Make absolutely sure you have a flat building surface and make each assembly FLAT on that surface. Don't drown each glue joint. If you want a nice looking model try to not get glue on the top surface of the wood where you eill apply covering. You probably will get some tho. You will have to sand that wood smooth (400 - 600grit ) at the end.

I'm done for now........others please add!
Ok, maybe I should pick a friendly kit to start. But now I have to go on.
It seems you are very experienced in it. Hope you can reply continuously.
Last edited by ACCHOBBY; Jul 02, 2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: wrong word
Jul 03, 2015, 09:27 AM
If you see blacked edges on the various parts from the laser cutting you could lightly sand that off. This would be on the outer edges where your covering will attach. The black could show through! Take great care to not change the shape of the piece. If the black does not come off then it is best to just leave it.

Draw a long straight line on a paper as long as your fuselage. Place the unglued fuse (may need to use a few rubber bands to hold it together) on this line to verify the fuse will be straight before the final glue.

BTW what kit? Engine/motor? Covering method?
Last edited by Garyss; Jul 03, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
Jul 06, 2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
If you see blacked edges on the various parts from the laser cutting you could lightly sand that off. This would be on the outer edges where your covering will attach. The black could show through! Take great care to not change the shape of the piece. If the black does not come off then it is best to just leave it.

Draw a long straight line on a paper as long as your fuselage. Place the unglued fuse (may need to use a few rubber bands to hold it together) on this line to verify the fuse will be straight before the final glue.

BTW what kit? Engine/motor? Covering method?
Tiger Moth Kit
GP and EP are ok. you can choose GP or EP.
Jul 07, 2015, 12:05 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Yup, a Tiger Moth kit. We were able to glean that from your thread tittle. I think more than one of us want to know the maker of the kit.
Latest blog entry: A123 battery source
Jul 07, 2015, 10:51 PM

go on

go on
Jul 08, 2015, 09:08 AM
I am a nice guy! Really!

What is the brand of the kit you are building?

In other words who made it? What company manufactured it? By whom was it made?
Latest blog entry: A123 battery source
Jul 08, 2015, 12:01 PM
Looks nice, where did you buy the kit?
Jul 09, 2015, 09:04 PM
God is my pilot
Enquiring minds want to know
Jul 12, 2015, 10:38 PM

manufacture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky
In other words who made it? What company manufactured it? By whom was it made?
It's manufactured by ELERC. Email: elerc@elerc.com