4s 1600mah 25c Nano Tech
minimOSD
pololu 5v 1A step down
sony 600tvl mini case cam
fatshark 250mw vtx
frsky d4r-ii
video aerial systems bluebeam ultra
gemfan 5045 glass blend

i come down between 15.0v and 15.2v after 4 minutes of running like i was in the video.
Hey nine, I'm running sn20a on my prototype board as well. How did you end up grounding the esc signal, did you just use the esc power ground as oso suggested? I fried an esc within seconds of its maiden voyage last weekend, want to rule out a ground issue.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2015, 12:26 PM
Need more props..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthat
Isn't this exactly what OSO said he did not want...?

People taking money for a product that's not actually shipped. (This seems to be what might have happened with the TL/OC drama)
No, I said that I don't do pre-orders.

I've also told the retailers that have expressed interest in carrying these PDB's that I wasn't going to tie their hands. As of right now I have 4 retailers that have said they want to carry my PDB.

In alphabetical order:

Multirotormania.com
Multirotorsuperstore.com
Platinumhobbies.com
Team-Legit.com

I will post in this thread when the PDB's are being shipped from me to these upstanding retailers.

While I will not be doing preorders myself, I won't tell anyone else how to run their business. They are free to take orders as they please. And buyers are obviously free to place orders as they please.

I like a free marketplace.
Jul 02, 2015, 12:33 PM
Might I suggest a minor design change.

Put an array of VIA's in your large wire pads. This will give them mechanical strength and help prevent the pad from lifting from stress and/or poor soldering skills.

You have a few in there, but not enough to prevent lifting.

Also, per your images below, you may want to revisit your copper pour polygons. They are pretty out of whack. It doesnt matter that much really, and it would work, but it certainly doesnt scream "high quality" product to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
[CENTER][SIZE="6"]

This is the production version:

This is the most recent prototype out for continued testing with great results:

Last edited by IndyFPV; Jul 02, 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Jul 02, 2015, 12:54 PM
Team Crash
Oso will you be doing an initial sale of the board or will everything be sold from the vendors from the start?

Quote:

I've also told the retailers that have expressed interest in carrying these PDB's that I wasn't going to tie their hands. As of right now I have 4 retailers that have said they want to carry my PDB.

In alphabetical order:

Multirotormania.com
Multirotorsuperstore.com
Platinumhobbies.com
Team-Legit.com

I will post in this thread when the PDB's are being shipped from me to these upstanding retailers.

While I will not be doing preorders myself, I won't tell anyone else how to run their business. They are free to take orders as they please. And buyers are obviously free to place orders as they please.

Jul 02, 2015, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthat
Isn't this exactly what OSO said he did not want...?

People taking money for a product that's not actually shipped. (This seems to be what might have happened with the TL/OC drama)
This listing is to be notified when the boards are ready to be shipped. We are not collecting money. If you would like to actually pre order it you can contact us, sorry for the confusion. Now time to build this ZMR
Jul 02, 2015, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
Oso will you be doing an initial sale of the board or will everything be sold from the vendors from the start?
The initial sales will likely go through the retailers. I'm a one-man shop, all the retailers have minions to help get you your orders shipped as fast as possible. Plus they carry all the other bells and whistles and parts that you may still need to finish your builds. If nothing else that would cut down on shipping costs for you.
Jul 02, 2015, 01:39 PM
crashing since 2008
Quote:

In alphabetical order:

Multirotormania.com
Multirotorsuperstore.com
Platinumhobbies.com
Team-Legit.com

Any chance you could arrange a uk seller for your boards? Might i suggest makeitbuildit.co.uk
Its run by a nice fella called Phil and im sure he would be interested in stocking your product. Anything decent that's zmr related seems to come from the states or china and always guarantees us brits (and europe in general) an epic wait for things to arrive or an extortionate shipping fee to get things sent express which 9 times out of 10 attracts customs fee's as well

The whole 250 scene is very big over here as im sure you know so im confident you would have a good size customer base for your boards.

Pretty please!!!
Last edited by mrmurder19.75; Jul 02, 2015 at 01:45 PM.
Jul 02, 2015, 01:52 PM
Nice work OSO, I'm glad someone finally made a premium board, that will be readily available by a great retailer! I love the idea of the power pads in the middle/bottom of the board too easily mount DYS sn20a esc's.
Jul 02, 2015, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder19.75
Any chance you could arrange a uk seller for your boards? Might i suggest makeitbuildit.co.uk
Its run by a nice fella called Phil and im sure he would be interested in stocking your product. Anything decent that's zmr related seems to come from the states or china and always guarantees us brits (and europe in general) an epic wait for things to arrive or an extortionate shipping fee to get things sent express which 9 times out of 10 attracts customs fee's as well

The whole 250 scene is very big over here as im sure you know so im confident you would have a good size customer base for your boards.

Pretty please!!!
Just sent a message to Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrip2010
Nice work OSO, I'm glad someone finally made a premium board, that will be readily available by a great retailer! I love the idea of the power pads in the middle/bottom of the board too easily mount DYS sn20a esc's.
Those pads or a prime example of some quality suggestions that were made that I was able to implement into the PDB.
Jul 02, 2015, 02:12 PM
Team Crash
Very cool that you got the community involved in your design. Speaks volumes.

Quote:
Just sent a message to Phil.

Those pads or a prime example of some quality suggestions that were made that I was able to implement into the PDB.
Jul 02, 2015, 03:14 PM
NTX Helidillos
Very nice OSO!
Jul 02, 2015, 03:49 PM
Sweet board! U know I'll be getting one...
BTW, I need to launch PreorderFPV.com. The website where nothing is in stock!
Jul 02, 2015, 04:11 PM
I want one!
Jul 02, 2015, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therippa
Hey nine, I'm running sn20a on my prototype board as well. How did you end up grounding the esc signal, did you just use the esc power ground as oso suggested? I fried an esc within seconds of its maiden voyage last weekend, want to rule out a ground issue.
the sn20a's are actually already connected to ground, this is sufficient for my 4s build with 1806 motors.

I did have an issue without connecting ground in my 2208/2000kv Zuul build, I suspect that was due to excessive noise in the power system, or maybe even a bad ground to one of the ESC's.

I don't think that could cause an ESC to burn, what setup were you running?

if in doubt just run the wires directly to the FC in the factory twisted pair, or make sure the FC is grounded well and ground each ESC signal pad to a filtered ground.
Jul 02, 2015, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine
the sn20a's are actually already connected to ground, this is sufficient for my 4s build with 1806 motors.

I did have an issue without connecting ground in my 2208/2000kv Zuul build, I suspect that was due to excessive noise in the power system, or maybe even a bad ground to one of the ESC's.

I don't think that could cause an ESC to burn, what setup were you running?

if in doubt just run the wires directly to the FC in the factory twisted pair, or make sure the FC is grounded well and ground each ESC signal pad to a filtered ground.

Filtered ground? None of your grounds will be filtered unless you are using isolated regulators. Im certain you are not. Your ESC's power ground certainly wouldnt be even in that case else you would have some very hefty converters on there.

The ESC's ground to the signal ground is more than sufficient. If you have grounding issues leading to poor signal quality, it is most likely on the FC side of things.