ZMR 250 PDB by SimplePDB - Multiple OSD's - very flexible - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 02, 2015, 02:55 AM
IRepairDrones/Velocity Rotors
I'm totally down to get one. I will be keeping an eye out for when this goes on sale. One question though. That large choke on the board looks like it could get broken off pretty easily. Is that for the 12v or 5v line filtering? And can it be changed to something SMD?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2015, 03:07 AM
Sanka
Want!
Jul 02, 2015, 05:06 AM
crashing since 2008
[QUOTE=Oso Grande;32048671 Factory issues don't take months to work out. They take days or weeks at most...... and I don't foresee any issues.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could come over to the oc batch 4 pdb thread and tell oc that?

He finally saw fit to grace us with his presence yesterday to tell us there is a delay at the factory.......still. That's what he says every time. Getting the distinct impression he is ripping us off and we are just being taken for a ride. He gives no more explanation than there is a delay at the factory despite being asked for the info.

Anyway, i digress. Really like the look of your pdb and will be keeping a close eye on the thread. Think im going to be wanting one or two of those!

If your boards end up with the people that paid for them (not that i suspect they wouldnt), you will already be streaks ahead of overcraft!
Jul 02, 2015, 05:21 AM
Why does no one run ground traces to the FC along with the esc signal cable
The SN20a escs bug out without it sometimes.
Jul 02, 2015, 05:26 AM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
I would like to be on the pre-order list if you have one too. Is this more compatible with the MRM v2 miniature or do I need to buy a new bottom plate to back convert to v1?
Jul 02, 2015, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine
some pics from my build

-snip-

i've been hammering it on 4s, and it's been rock solid.
Do you have a full parts list and perhaps your average flight time?
Ive been jonesing for a good racer for a while now, and your build looks great.
Jul 02, 2015, 06:34 AM
Metal soldier
You guys make me laugh..
Jul 02, 2015, 06:42 AM
Finally. We may be able to get a reliable PDB vendor.
Jul 02, 2015, 07:12 AM
How do I preorder?
Jul 02, 2015, 07:56 AM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renesijnke
Want!
Love it!
Jul 02, 2015, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
Do you have a full parts list and perhaps your average flight time?
Ive been jonesing for a good racer for a while now, and your build looks great.
zmr250
oso grande pdb
DYS 1806/2300kv
DYS sn20a
Dragonfly32 pro
4s 1600mah 25c Nano Tech
minimOSD
pololu 5v 1A step down
sony 600tvl mini case cam
fatshark 250mw vtx
frsky d4r-ii
video aerial systems bluebeam ultra
gemfan 5045 glass blend

i come down between 15.0v and 15.2v after 4 minutes of running like i was in the video.
Jul 02, 2015, 08:59 AM
Need more props..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafak
looking awesome..can i pre-order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmersh
How do I preorder?
I don't do preorders. I don't take money before I have product to ship. Not the way I like to do business.
I have 500 PDB's arriving the middle of this month and a whole lot more coming shortly after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreakHavoc
I'm totally down to get one. I will be keeping an eye out for when this goes on sale. One question though. That large choke on the board looks like it could get broken off pretty easily. Is that for the 12v or 5v line filtering? And can it be changed to something SMD?
Any inductor can be used and there are much smaller ones available.

Unlike the other PDB's out there, my board uses through hole mounting instead of surface mounting. The main differences are, through hole is much easier for novice solderers to do a better job of. Second, surface mount components are much more susceptible to damage due to the flex of the PDB in a crash.

The inductor and capacitor filter the input power for both the 5v and 12 regulators at the front of the PDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder19.75
Maybe you could come over to the oc batch 4 pdb thread and tell oc that?

He finally saw fit to grace us with his presence yesterday to tell us there is a delay at the factory.......still. That's what he says every time. Getting the distinct impression he is ripping us off and we are just being taken for a ride. He gives no more explanation than there is a delay at the factory despite being asked for the info.

Anyway, i digress. Really like the look of your pdb and will be keeping a close eye on the thread. Think im going to be wanting one or two of those!

If your boards end up with the people that paid for them (not that i suspect they wouldnt), you will already be streaks ahead of overcraft!
I'm well aware of the drama going on over there. However I'm not going to go into another manufacturer's thread and pile on.

I've been manufacturing and selling PDB's to the RC community for over a year now. I'm pretty familiar with the process and the pitfalls and in my opinion there is nothing acceptable about what is going on with that situation. I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollierexx
Why does no one run ground traces to the FC along with the esc signal cable
The SN20a escs bug out without it sometimes.
All ground on the PDB are common. You can just tie the signal ground wire to the ESC main ground. A second pad would take up space and just be redundant. This works because the FC is also grounded to the same common PDB ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscarawa
I would like to be on the pre-order list if you have one too. Is this more compatible with the MRM v2 miniature or do I need to buy a new bottom plate to back convert to v1?
This version is only compatible with the V1.
Jul 02, 2015, 09:27 AM
Great Job OSO! FYI we will have them in our store.

http://www.platinumhobbies.com/Produ...ctCode=OSPDBV2
Jul 02, 2015, 11:04 AM
Waypoint Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
I don't do preorders. I don't take money before I have product to ship. Not the way I like to do business.
Ahhh... like a breath of fresh air. I too have $ tied up in that other PDB preorder. Great to see you in this game, OG. While new frames come out everyday, I think the ZMR has taken hold. I'll let the guys I fly with (F1FPV) know about it's pending launch. Wish you all the best.
Jul 02, 2015, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumhobbies
Great Job OSO! FYI we will have them in our store.

http://www.platinumhobbies.com/Produ...ctCode=OSPDBV2
Isn't this exactly what OSO said he did not want...?

People taking money for a product that's not actually shipped. (This seems to be what might have happened with the TL/OC drama)