ZMR 250 PDB by SimplePDB - Multiple OSD's - very flexible - Page 128 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 10, 2017, 12:07 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
Glad to help.

Under "thread tools" there is a link to all the images attached to posts in the thread. There are tons of diagrams with arrows I've posted about different ways of wiring this board up. They might be of help.
Duh! Why didn't I think of that...? (and I'm being serious...) I do the same on the other boards I follow... I'm still thinking of how I want to build it... I'm transferring all the parts from a Robocat 270, but not sure what I want it ti look like. I think I and going to 3D print spacers and make it clean... we'll see...
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 09:13 PM
Experienced Noob
Ok... more questions....

I ended up getting the 5V and 12V converters from Pololu, and soldered up everything just as it is in the assembly video, EXCEPT without the OSD. I then see towards the end of the video that the wires for the Vtx (I assume...) are soldered to the "ground" and "video" near the OSD. So in saying that:

1. Where does the power from the Vtx come from, since there's only 2 wires?
2. If I don't use the OSD, I would just run the video right from the camera, no?

And on the camera connector at the front...
1. Again, if I don't use the OSD, does the video wire go direct to the Vtx?

Sorry if I should know the answers to this...
May 21, 2017, 10:31 AM
Need more props..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef
Ok... more questions....

I ended up getting the 5V and 12V converters from Pololu, and soldered up everything just as it is in the assembly video, EXCEPT without the OSD. I then see towards the end of the video that the wires for the Vtx (I assume...) are soldered to the "ground" and "video" near the OSD. So in saying that:

1. Where does the power from the Vtx come from, since there's only 2 wires?
2. If I don't use the OSD, I would just run the video right from the camera, no?

And on the camera connector at the front...
1. Again, if I don't use the OSD, does the video wire go direct to the Vtx?

Sorry if I should know the answers to this...
No problem,
The power for the VTX depends on the voltage it needs. Most folks would just power the VTX directly from one of the LIPO voltage pads such as the battery pigtail spot.

If you don't use the OSD, just connect both sets of jumper pads on the bottom of the PDB, that will connect the video pad you connect the camera to directly with the video pad in the back.

Connect both sets shown here:
May 21, 2017, 09:30 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
No problem,
The power for the VTX depends on the voltage it needs. Most folks would just power the VTX directly from one of the LIPO voltage pads such as the battery pigtail spot.

If you don't use the OSD, just connect both sets of jumper pads on the bottom of the PDB, that will connect the video pad you connect the camera to directly with the video pad in the back.

Connect both sets shown here:
Ahh... ok... So if I bridge those 2 pads, I can go from the "Video" up front to the "Video" near the buzzer? And I assume the "LiPo" pins, either one, can be connected to VBAT on my FC? And the 5V and ground next to the buzzer will power my FC I assume... I've been looking through the attachments in this thread...

EDIT: This image pretty-much shows what I'm going to set up, and I see the Vtx (which happens to be the exact one I'll be using) is connected along the side, instead of towards the back near the buzzer. So does that side Vtx connection connect to the front camera connection somehow?
Last edited by kenjancef; May 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM.
Jun 18, 2017, 04:43 PM
Hi
Building my first ZMR Quad .

3S setup with following parts:
Parts on order:
Motors- Racerstar 2205 2600kv
ESC- Racerstar 20a BLHeli_S OPTO 2-4S
PDB- Simple PDB

My quad will be built only with components to get it to fly.

My ESC's don't have BEC so would like to know please which and how many voltage regulators I should get .

Would there be a wiring diagram for my intended setup?

Thank you

Rick
Jun 18, 2017, 08:04 PM
FPV Jedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
Hi
Building my first ZMR Quad .

3S setup with following parts:
Parts on order:
Motors- Racerstar 2205 2600kv
ESC- Racerstar 20a BLHeli_S OPTO 2-4S
PDB- Simple PDB

My quad will be built only with components to get it to fly.

My ESC's don't have BEC so would like to know please which and how many voltage regulators I should get .

Would there be a wiring diagram for my intended setup?

Thank you

Rick
was about to link you to this thread in the ZMR thread, glad you found this. There are tons of resources for getting this board working here!
Jun 19, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwicket
was about to link you to this thread in the ZMR thread, glad you found this. There are tons of resources for getting this board working here!
Thanks mrwicket
Jun 19, 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote:
For those of you wanting to better see what is directly connected to what. Hopefully this will help.

Very helpful thank you

Rick
Jun 20, 2017, 03:40 PM
To OSO

My board has been shipped. Looking forward to seeing it .

Meanwhile, I've gone through all the pages here to acquaint myself with the project ahead of me. Ive made copies of your color coded schematics
for reference.

I'm planning on doing layout of this board with the components for my build for review and comment.

I still need to get FC and determine which voltage regulator ( s) to use.

Rick
Jun 20, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:
To OSO

My board has been shipped. Looking forward to seeing it .

Meanwhile, I've gone through all the pages here to acquaint myself with the project ahead of me. Ive made copies of your color coded schematics
for reference.

I'm planning on doing layout of this board with the components for my build for review and comment.

I still need to get FC and determine which voltage regulator ( s) to use.

Rick
Cool, I look forward to seeing what you put together!
Jun 25, 2017, 12:28 PM
OSO

Heres my diagram of PDB and photo of FC ( from distributer ) is provided to help identify various connections

This build will only have what is needed to get the quad flying. No plans for FPV .

This is my guess as to what it will look like . I added Pololu 5v Vreg thinking it will be needed.

The LiPo ( + G ) connection on PDB to FC is in question.
Need to verify gauge of wire for motor 1-4 connection at FC to PCB.

Please provide your comments and suggestions.

Thank you

Rick
Jun 26, 2017, 04:00 PM
Quote:
OSO

Heres my diagram of PDB and photo of FC ( from distributer ) is provided to help identify various connections

This build will only have what is needed to get the quad flying. No plans for FPV .

This is my guess as to what it will look like . I added Pololu 5v Vreg thinking it will be needed.

The LiPo ( + G ) connection on PDB to FC is in question.
Need to verify gauge of wire for motor 1-4 connection at FC to PCB.

Please provide your comments and suggestions.

Thank you

Rick
Just regular servo wire for the motor connections, I'm thinking they're 22g.

This is where to connect the LiPo voltage. You can skip the ground connection as you'll already be connecting the ground to the board in other spots.
Jun 26, 2017, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Just regular servo wire for the motor connections, I'm thinking they're 22g.

This is where to connect the LiPo voltage. You can skip the ground connection as you'll already be connecting the ground to the board in other spots.
OSO

Thank you for looking over my sketch and providing your input.
Sep 05, 2017, 09:05 PM
Experienced Noob
Wow... the first post in over 3 months... I hope someone is still around to answer my question/issue...

So I got the PDB wired up exactly like the video, with the voltage regulators and such, and soldered on the ESC's. Then I soldered on the battery connector and fired it up. ESC made their tones and no magic smoke...

So I'm ready to connect my FC (SP Racing F3) and, lucky for me, I listened to just about everyone here and used a multimeter to check voltages. The weird thing is that I get 16V (minus decimals) to both Lipo connectors and all 4 ESC's. any other place on the PDB that I'm supposed to get either 5V or 12V reads 0.0000. What did I do wrong? I took my time soldering, and I think I did a pretty good job at soldering the pins for the regulators. I just don't know what I did wrong.

Oh, by the way, I'm using a 4S 1400mAH battery.

For now, to get this build finished, I am going to piggy-back off of one of the Lipo connectors and use a 5V step-down to power my FC.

Any thoughts?
Sep 09, 2017, 08:44 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef
Wow... the first post in over 3 months... I hope someone is still around to answer my question/issue...

So I got the PDB wired up exactly like the video, with the voltage regulators and such, and soldered on the ESC's. Then I soldered on the battery connector and fired it up. ESC made their tones and no magic smoke...

So I'm ready to connect my FC (SP Racing F3) and, lucky for me, I listened to just about everyone here and used a multimeter to check voltages. The weird thing is that I get 16V (minus decimals) to both Lipo connectors and all 4 ESC's. any other place on the PDB that I'm supposed to get either 5V or 12V reads 0.0000. What did I do wrong? I took my time soldering, and I think I did a pretty good job at soldering the pins for the regulators. I just don't know what I did wrong.

Oh, by the way, I'm using a 4S 1400mAH battery.

For now, to get this build finished, I am going to piggy-back off of one of the Lipo connectors and use a 5V step-down to power my FC.

Any thoughts?
Anyone??? Bueller...? Bueller.....?