May 10, 2017, 12:07 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
Glad to help.

Under "thread tools" there is a link to all the images attached to posts in the thread. There are tons of diagrams with arrows I've posted about different ways of wiring this board up. They might be of help.
Duh! Why didn't I think of that...? (and I'm being serious...) I do the same on the other boards I follow... I'm still thinking of how I want to build it... I'm transferring all the parts from a Robocat 270, but not sure what I want it ti look like. I think I and going to 3D print spacers and make it clean... we'll see...
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 09:13 PM
Experienced Noob
Ok... more questions....

I ended up getting the 5V and 12V converters from Pololu, and soldered up everything just as it is in the assembly video, EXCEPT without the OSD. I then see towards the end of the video that the wires for the Vtx (I assume...) are soldered to the "ground" and "video" near the OSD. So in saying that:

1. Where does the power from the Vtx come from, since there's only 2 wires?
2. If I don't use the OSD, I would just run the video right from the camera, no?

And on the camera connector at the front...
1. Again, if I don't use the OSD, does the video wire go direct to the Vtx?

Sorry if I should know the answers to this...
May 21, 2017, 10:31 AM
Need more props..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef
Ok... more questions....

I ended up getting the 5V and 12V converters from Pololu, and soldered up everything just as it is in the assembly video, EXCEPT without the OSD. I then see towards the end of the video that the wires for the Vtx (I assume...) are soldered to the "ground" and "video" near the OSD. So in saying that:

1. Where does the power from the Vtx come from, since there's only 2 wires?
2. If I don't use the OSD, I would just run the video right from the camera, no?

And on the camera connector at the front...
1. Again, if I don't use the OSD, does the video wire go direct to the Vtx?

Sorry if I should know the answers to this...
No problem,
The power for the VTX depends on the voltage it needs. Most folks would just power the VTX directly from one of the LIPO voltage pads such as the battery pigtail spot.

If you don't use the OSD, just connect both sets of jumper pads on the bottom of the PDB, that will connect the video pad you connect the camera to directly with the video pad in the back.

Connect both sets shown here:
May 21, 2017, 09:30 PM
Experienced Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
No problem,
The power for the VTX depends on the voltage it needs. Most folks would just power the VTX directly from one of the LIPO voltage pads such as the battery pigtail spot.

If you don't use the OSD, just connect both sets of jumper pads on the bottom of the PDB, that will connect the video pad you connect the camera to directly with the video pad in the back.

Connect both sets shown here:
Ahh... ok... So if I bridge those 2 pads, I can go from the "Video" up front to the "Video" near the buzzer? And I assume the "LiPo" pins, either one, can be connected to VBAT on my FC? And the 5V and ground next to the buzzer will power my FC I assume... I've been looking through the attachments in this thread...

EDIT: This image pretty-much shows what I'm going to set up, and I see the Vtx (which happens to be the exact one I'll be using) is connected along the side, instead of towards the back near the buzzer. So does that side Vtx connection connect to the front camera connection somehow?
Last edited by kenjancef; May 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM.