It's Official: E-Flite NEW CarbonZ T-28 Trojan - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 01, 2015, 02:15 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Announce

It's Official: E-Flite NEW CarbonZ T-28 Trojan

Full Feature Review by Mike McDougall: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2658890

I did not take a screenshot, but three new planes were on E-flite's website this morning, including a parkflyer CarbonZ T-28 in the red/white scheme.

They have since removed the images of the T-28 and the two other birds (UMX F-16 and a parkflyer Pitts Ultimate2 bipe); however, I think we can safely assume these are going public in the next days... maybe sooner.

What do you all think? Interested?

It looked like a grown up and more detailed version than the PZ offering. I am glad to see this reprise as the pz T-28 got me hooked on RC and it is nice to see a more advanced version. IMO this is long overdue and might actually win back those customers that grew into FMS and other more complicated warbirds.
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Jun 14, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2015, 02:18 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Hmmmmm...

RF
Jul 01, 2015, 02:23 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thanks RF, did they put that back up online or was that a cashed image?

I am curious where they will set the price with this.
Jul 01, 2015, 02:26 PM
Closed Account
Could be cool if it's nice and big like the CZ Cub. 6S and about 6-7' span.
Jul 01, 2015, 02:31 PM
Someone messed up when they put the FPV freedom sales ad up which included the string of clickable images including the F16, Trojan, and Biplane... I tried clicking on the images to take me to product info but they went nowhere... minutes later the images were removed.. they were never on the hh main site only eflite
Jul 01, 2015, 02:31 PM
Parkstormer!
Funny, I'm a warbirds guy but of the three I might take the Ultimate! I guess we'll see what's on the site tomorrow . . .
Jul 01, 2015, 03:39 PM
Would love a 1500 mm T-28 with flaps and retracts. BNF with AS3X like the Dallas Doll and P-47 would be a great seller. Nothing currently on the Eflite website.
Jul 01, 2015, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougherty, Erie
Would love a 1500 mm T-28 with flaps and retracts. BNF with AS3X like the Dallas Doll and P-47 would be a great seller. Nothing currently on the Eflite website.
Why would they make the P-51 at 44" and the P-47 at 42" and then release a 60" T-28?
Jul 01, 2015, 03:56 PM
Not interested. I don't care for jets and I don;t care for sport planes, especially not in a "warbird" forum, but we won't get into that again . As far as the T-28 goes, not really what I consider a warbird and personally, this one sounds larger than I would like. Was really hoping for something different.

Others will appreciate this batch, but I do not. I'll be lurking for the 2016 thread! Until then, I'm eying the new Durafly P-40. Now THAT is a different WARBIRD and my favorite size.
Jul 01, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan
Not interested. I don't care for jets and I don;t care for sport planes, especially not in a "warbird" forum, but we won't get into that again . As far as the T-28 goes, not really what I consider a warbird and personally, this one sounds larger than I would like. Was really hoping for something different.

Others will appreciate this batch, but I do not. I'll be lurking for the 2016 thread! Until then, I'm eying the new Durafly P-40. Now THAT is a different WARBIRD and my favorite size.
The irony in TrojanMan not being excited about the T-28 Trojan.....

I agree though. The T-28 is about as rare in the RC community as the P-51.....its not. And living in the city limits of Milwaukee, I have enough trouble finding space to fly my park flyer birds. The leaked photo of the UMX F-16 is way more to my liking. I wish they would do 2S BL UMX Warbirds. Those are really the only things I can fly easily right now
Jul 01, 2015, 04:31 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan
...this one sounds larger than I would like.
No wingspan/size info has been leaked.
The above posts regarding size is just speculation [what someone was hoping for].
Jul 01, 2015, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxer
The irony in TrojanMan not being excited about the T-28 Trojan.....
It's the plane I taught myself to fly on, is still my favorite to fly, and always comes to the park with me. With that said, the original PZ T-28 is the only T-28 I'll ever need.

Bring on the classic WWII fighters/bombers that saw regular combat action!
Jul 01, 2015, 05:16 PM
What? Is something new coming?
Jul 01, 2015, 05:51 PM
The competition has introduced larger foam planes (as has Horizon) like Freewing and FMS. The Parkzone smaller T-28 is still a good plane, but something larger and full house would be interesting. I have some FMS warbirds (P-51 and Corsair) but I like the reliability and ruggedness of the PZ and EF planes. Mike - have you guys ever introduced a plane that didn't fly well? I don't think so.
Jul 01, 2015, 07:40 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcconville
What? Is something new coming?
Anything you can confirm or deny?

RF