Sep 29, 2015, 11:48 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Remember when you thought Skytech was threatening you and there was no sign of threat? It kinda' fits, doesn't it?
If you look at the start where all I said was that the speed of the 3 was slower then the chroma, some people got defensive and it escalated from there. I have been on other forums for years and never came to a problem like this. Helping other people with boats, cars, planes, heli's and multi-copters. Hey, guess here it's a different story.
Last edited by glueguru; Sep 29, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2015, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Remember when you thought Skytech was threatening you and there was no sign of threat? It kinda' fits, doesn't it?
I must have missed the part where he accused me of threatening him. I did see him claim that someone told him that I believed I owned the site and I'm a usual trouble maker. Based on his impressive track record for making up total BS and presenting totally false claims from day one I think I'm being reasonable to assume that that's all BS too.
Last edited by Skytek; Oct 03, 2015 at 08:42 PM.
Oct 03, 2015, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by glueguru
If you look at the start where all I said was that the speed of the 3 was slower then the chroma, some people got defensive and it escalated from there. I have been on other forums for years and never came to a problem like this. Helping other people with boats, cars, planes, heli's and multi-copters. Hey, guess here it's a different story.
I think it escalated when you started telling lies and making up silly facts that weren't true and arguing with those of us who corrected them for you. Do you make things up on the other forums too or just this one?
Oct 03, 2015, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Going right back to you ....you must be happy talking about yourself?
Are you 11? This is like something from PeeWee Herman.

I know you are but what am I - Pee Wee (0 min 7 sec)
Oct 03, 2015, 11:38 PM
Quote:
You must be the other child?

Like I said before there is always SOME PEOPLE that like to BELITTLE others like you are doing....so tough.

Sounds like you are threatening me as well, pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek
I must have missed the part where he accused me of threatening him.
I quoted it above.
Oct 04, 2015, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Sometimes, the difference is you. Try your same schtick (the same posts you've made over the last few pages) on most other active forums out there, and the response you get will be similar. Relatively speaking, this may be one of the more active forums, but it isn't better (or worse) than the rest of them.
Nov 07, 2015, 06:24 PM

Gotta say..

I own both the chroma and the phantom 3 advanced and I MUCH prefer the phantom on looks alone. The chroma works just fine for me, but the streaming quality is rubbish and the build quality is sub par. I bought the phantom because I think the chroma is ugly as sin and don't understand all the people who think it looks better. The phantom is Bauhaus, while the chroma is trying to look like a boat or an airplane or something with its shape and fake window stickers. Makes it look and feel like a toy to me. Its also much bigger and less portable and even though the landing gear are very functional, they're just plain ugly. The whole thing looks like Baloo's pontoon plane. The phantom has been much more stable for me in practice, as well. Slightly less nerve wracking for me to fly, plus if I ever need a repair I can send it to a third party repair place, of which there are many good, reliable places with fast turnaround times. Parts are also pretty available now, if you're savvy enough to do the work yourself
Nov 10, 2015, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezialemic
I own both the chroma and the phantom 3 advanced and I MUCH prefer the phantom on looks alone. The chroma works just fine for me, but the streaming quality is rubbish and the build quality is sub par. I bought the phantom because I think the chroma is ugly as sin and don't understand all the people who think it looks better. The phantom is Bauhaus, while the chroma is trying to look like a boat or an airplane or something with its shape and fake window stickers. Makes it look and feel like a toy to me. Its also much bigger and less portable and even though the landing gear are very functional, they're just plain ugly. The whole thing looks like Baloo's pontoon plane. The phantom has been much more stable for me in practice, as well. Slightly less nerve wracking for me to fly, plus if I ever need a repair I can send it to a third party repair place, of which there are many good, reliable places with fast turnaround times. Parts are also pretty available now, if you're savvy enough to do the work yourself
Yeah it's different strokes for different folks. I agree with a lot of what you said. The P3 build quality feels better. Obviously it performs far better than the Chroma in almost every way from a technical standpoint. I like the style of the Chroma design though. I am super tired of the same old X shape of the Phantom that's been kicking around forever. It just looks really dated now. The Chroma looks like a flying vehicle, almost space ship like and being an RC nut I like that. But some people think that makes it look like a toy, and I totally get that.

I would disagree about the P3 being more portable. The Chroma can be quickly dismantled down to something you can fit in a soft backpack or a carry case with a low profile. The P3 is stuck in its boxy configuration permanently and needs to be transported in a boxy case.. If you for some reason didn't want to remove the Chroma's legs and gimbal for transport then in that case the P3 is a smaller package, but with just 20 seconds of work the Chroma can be made more portable.

When I flew the P3 I felt like "ok now I'm doing photography and only photography". The Chroma can be broken down to a bare quad and flown around as an RC aircraft for the pure fun of it. I never felt like doing that with the P3.
Nov 10, 2015, 07:23 PM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek
Are you 11? This is like something from PeeWee Herman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4
Hey now! I resemble that comment
Nov 11, 2015, 10:37 AM
Skytek is right, part of the point of styling or design/looks/aesthetics is to stand out without appearing presumptive. In order for styling to do it's job, you need to be able to spot it from far away, it needs to be distinctive. I'm not a huge fan of the Chroma's design either, It's okay, but I've seen better designed quads from Horizon. I would have preferred the Chroma to look simply like a larger, more aggressive Blade; this said it is still better looking than a lot of quads out there.

For you guys who own the P3, how does it perform around off-the-shelf FPV units or RC aircraft in general? I mean, twofold, 1) Does it 'play nicely with others' or not so well, and 2) Is the video feed itself reliable? Last weekend I was flying the Chroma with a lot of FPV units around and it really didn't perform too well, the video feed was very intermittent to say the least.

Quick Reply