Hobbyking BAT-1 Land Yacht - Page 8 - RC Groups
Apr 21, 2016, 12:27 PM
what you guys using for power, prop, esc, batt?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2016, 02:04 PM
Me a long time ago
Working back. 6X4 prop, 1400KV motor, 20amp ESC, 1500 3s lipo.
Apr 21, 2016, 06:07 PM
Microflight sells a prebuilt motor prop setup as well.
HobbyKing BAT 1 RC Land Yacht with MIA Turbo Powered Upgrade (6 min 48 sec)
Apr 21, 2016, 07:51 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing
what you guys using for power, prop, esc, batt?
Motor is a A2212/10 1400KV. Prop is 8x6. Batt is a 1600mAh 3S nano-tech. Right now I have a 20A ESC, but I have the 40A reversible seaplane ESC from HobbyKing on order. Not that I think I need a 40A ESC, but I wanted the reverse.

The guy who sold me the motor and ESC says 8x6 is a bit much, but I have a couple of hundred flights on my FT Spitfire with the same motor/ESC/prop with no problem.

Owen
Apr 23, 2016, 01:44 PM
Hi

Lots of interesting stuff on the Microflight site for the BAT, including a proper sewn sail, but I don't see a goose neck or kicking strap fitting which would be at least as important for keeping the boom from rising and maintaining sail shape. This is particularly important when gong to windward which a land yacht does most of the time. Anyone know of a goose neck that will fit?

The little motor will get you out of a pinch if you're caught in stays or in a wind shadow when sailing, but won't feed my need for speed... My motor was designed to be a alternative to the sail when there isn't enough wind for sailing or I just want to horse around in the parking lot where I live.

Owen
Apr 23, 2016, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo
Hi

Lots of interesting stuff on the Microflight site for the BAT, including a proper sewn sail, but I don't see a goose neck or kicking strap fitting which would be at least as important for keeping the boom from rising and maintaining sail shape.
Would one from a dragon force yacht be usable ?
Apr 23, 2016, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRRy33
Would one from a dragon force yacht be usable ?
What are the dimensions?

Owen
Apr 26, 2016, 11:24 AM
Hi

Well, that was a lot more motor than she needs! This thing would probably be fast enough on a blue wonder on 2S.

I stripped the steering servo. What's a good cheap drop in replacement with metal gears?

Owen
Apr 26, 2016, 11:46 AM
im using a futaba S3305
Apr 26, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing
im using a futaba S3305
Not exactly cheap....
Feb 25, 2017, 08:17 PM
Lower AL
Sailed mine last weekend, still a hoot to run, my have someone to race with since another land locked Sailor did some laps with my bat and He liked it.
Batter up....
Jeff......
Aug 08, 2017, 12:17 PM
There $30 at HK, my friend picked up a few
Aug 08, 2017, 02:19 PM
Sailing these can provide a "taste" of multihull sailing. Extensive reaching close hauled and sailing down wind with sails sheeted in. Next closest might be DN or similar ice boats (provided you have temperatures to support ice boating) . The sailing will give you the ability to become aware of sail handling and steering reactions. THEN, on to a multihull!

Good to hear you are enjoying it.
Aug 09, 2017, 03:08 AM
I fly boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
There $30 at HK, my friend picked up a few
...sold out...
Aug 10, 2017, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx78
...sold out...
Not in the US warehouse