Hobbyking BAT-1 Land Yacht - Page 5 - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2015, 04:04 AM
Me a long time ago
That's the same as me and my Bat. There are plenty of big car parks where I live, but most are surrounded by buildings or trees. So the wind is turbulent.
My advice to anyone thinking of getting a Bat, find a place where you can use it first.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2015, 11:34 AM
yeah at the beach ahah
will
ps hobbyking out of stock
Aug 05, 2015, 06:21 AM
Lower AL
The Bat will run on a double lane road, have used a Softball infield too.
Jeff..............
Aug 07, 2015, 07:13 AM
Hobbyking UK, back in stock this morning - ordered mine! 7/8/2015
Aug 19, 2015, 12:02 AM

Bat 1 Spare Parts

Just saw that the Bat 1 now has spare parts listed under all three types.

http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...and_Yacht.html
Aug 27, 2015, 03:27 PM

spares in the UK?

will these items be available from the UK warehouse?
or Europe? as postage from US is very expensive
if so when?

many thanks.

Gary
Aug 27, 2015, 04:49 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Hi

I noticed that the rear wheel axle would sometimes move sideways in sharp turns. I wrapped a little tape around it under the mounting brackets. Hopefully, that will cure it.

I'm also seriously considering making a bracket with a motor and prop on it as an alternative to the mast and sail for light wind days. (Or I could just go flying...)

Owen
Aug 28, 2015, 01:19 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthecat
will these items be available from the UK warehouse?
or Europe? as postage from US is very expensive
if so when?

many thanks.

Gary
They do have them in the UK warehouse.
Aug 28, 2015, 01:21 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo
Hi

I'm also seriously considering making a bracket with a motor and prop on it as an alternative to the mast and sail for light wind days. (Or I could just go flying...)

Owen
I like that idea, something different.
Sep 16, 2015, 05:49 AM
Lower AL
Batter up this last weekend great winds for two wheel action, almost ready for the 100m speed record.
Jeff..............
Sep 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
A 3D printed gooseneck. I made in PLA then polished and applied a little bees wax to ensure a smooth action.

Link here to the Rhino model and STL for printing if anyone fancies one.

https://grabcad.com/library/bat1-gooseneck-1
Sep 30, 2015, 04:12 PM
Lower AL
The goose neck looks great.

So far all the stock connectors and parts are holding up well, the rubber band is looking a little well baked, and my tires are showing a little wear. Ran the bat a little this last weekend when a few club member where present but the winds where on the light and variable side so they didn't exactly express to much interest in the Bat. I did tell them that I bring it so that the winds will be light for great flying.
Jeff...................
Sep 30, 2015, 06:48 PM
As the Bat1 is something a bit fun for a hacker group I am involved with. Designing and printing/making our own parts is par for the course. Ironically the current good weather has seen me investigating fitting a solar panel and small motor to drive the front wheel so we have the basis for a solar racer, steering the panel for max output using the sail winch.
Oct 18, 2015, 06:08 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Hi

The AA battery holder gave in on me, so I've installed a UBEC so I can run the BAT1 off my airplane batteries.

It's very easy to fit between the battery and switch, but the UBEC would drain the battery if it was left connected, so you would have to unplug the battery every time.

I broke out my soldering iron and installed the UBEC between the switch and receiver and then installed an XT60 on the battery side of the switch. A nano-tech 3S 1600 just fits and should last forever. I have a couple that are getting on a little and have been retired from airplanes, but are more than good enough to power the receiver and two servos in the BAT1.

Sailed today in 15-20 mph winds. Something fun to do when its too windy to fly!

Owen
Oct 19, 2015, 03:10 AM
Me a long time ago
I have almost given up on my Bat. It's the worst 'toy' I have bought for a long time.
As my son said that its boring.
I am thinking of removing the mast and sail and fitting a motor and prop on the rear. I don't know what it would be called then.