Jul 11, 2015, 07:18 PM
bbbp
You think right
pbob22
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2015, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
I got the kit version because I have lots of servos/radio equipment lying around. I have reached the servo mounting phase which is not clear. There are no holes for standard servo mounting, just a clamp-like piece which is way too big to hold the servos. From the Savox transplant photos here, (thanks BTW!) it appears that these servos need to be clamped down using xome sort of foam to fill in the excess space?

Not impressed with the servo mount design! (everything else looks pretty top notch)

Can anyone shed some light on proper servo mounting technique?
The servo mounts are only suitable for servos which are of similar dimensions to the originals (which are a 'standard size' like the Futaba s3003 for example). The Savox servos I used were a little longer so I had to remove a little plastic 'tab' on the inside of the hull. I didn't need any foam though, the brackets were enough.

The mounts work well if the servos are the right size, but I'd agree that it's not that flexible. For the kit version I think HK should specify a suitable servo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
p.s. Thanks to the uavsimon for the review and (excellent) helpful videos!
My pleasure (literally - it was a lot of fun )
Jul 12, 2015, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm using full sized servos (high torque, high voltage) and they fit the space, but the only way to attach/secure them that I could figure is to use double sided tape on the bottom combined with some foam sandwiched between the servo and the "clamps" on top. (I would much prefer to mount the servos using screws.)

Closer inspection of the steering wheel pivot mechanism reveals a pretty crappy design - no bearings, no bushing - just a threaded bolt rubbing against plastic. Cheesy but should work for a while. The steering linkage could use some improvement as well (it interferes with the main sail servo.)

I'm just about finished and have fitted the receiver with a GPS telemetry sensor so I'll be able to log the speed and track log.
Jul 20, 2015, 04:41 PM
hi
ok this is going to sound odd so here goes, so there you are going hell for leather and then water or person or a kidd how would you dump your speed?????
will
Jul 20, 2015, 05:58 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Turn!
Jul 20, 2015, 06:02 PM
haha you got me bbbp lol
will
Jul 20, 2015, 06:03 PM
has any got to the beach with this one yet????
will
Jul 28, 2015, 04:37 AM
Lower AL
Went to the Batting cage last weekend, 1st part, Mobius on bill of hat, 2nd on top of mast, 3rd on battery hatch, 4th in front of mast.
If I redo the zip tie so that the catcher is under the plate it should be more stable for the Mobius. Just used Velcro hooks on the Bat 1 to hold the Mobius.
After I took the wind speed reading the winds picked up to the mid teens, had a great time.
Hobby King Bat1 Toth 26Jul15 (16 min 23 sec)

Jeff...................
double posted from the other Bat 1 thread.
Jul 29, 2015, 04:01 AM
I wonder what is more comfortable to use with one of these, a stick or pistol transmitter,
guess I have to wait till mine gets here
Jul 29, 2015, 06:08 AM
Lower AL
I got the RTF with the pistol transmitter but setting it up on a plane transmitter would be easy Steering on right stick, ailerons, then mainsheet servo on the left stick, throttle or rudder.
Jeff................
Jul 29, 2015, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
I got the RTF with the pistol transmitter but setting it up on a plane transmitter would be easy Steering on right stick, ailerons, then mainsheet servo on the left stick, throttle or rudder.
Jeff................
I allready have way to many transmitters
So I ordered the PNP version.

Setting up 2 channels will not be a problem

I was just wondering what type of transmitter will give me the most natural feel to the model whilst sailing it.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:52 AM
Grumpa Tom
I just assembled mine and used a left over Tactic stick radio. Feels more natural to me.
Jul 30, 2015, 09:25 PM
This Bat1 might be the best thing Hobby King has produced!

Yesterday I bought some Agility Cones by Sklz. They work well for marking a course. That makes running the Bat even more fun!

I am going to try to attach a picture of a sample race course and the cones.

Try to run the course in under a minute (I bet you can).
Aug 03, 2015, 05:36 AM
Lower AL
Yesterday the Wife stopped by and ran the Bat-1 around, this the 1st RC Car like anything she has ran and did a good job, now she wants a full sized one.
Hoby King Bat-1 first time Rc'er running it @ Toth 2Aug15 (6 min 22 sec)

Jeff.................
Aug 04, 2015, 12:42 AM
Grumpa Tom
I tried my BAT1 for the first time last Saturday, at a local lake. I figured the wind that blows across the lake would be good enough. But it starts and stops and does not stay steady. However, there was one time when it was blowing steady for about two minutes and the BAT1 really scooted along nicely. Kind of hard to find a big, flat, open space with wind where I live.