Hobbyking BAT-1 Land Yacht - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jul 02, 2015, 05:20 AM
Me a long time ago
I have just ordered one.
What are they like on short grass?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2015, 06:03 AM
I don't think a small landsailer like this would get too much speed on short grass unless the wind was pretty strong. They are way better on parking lots and tennis courts. Basically you want a nice open flat area. An advantage of a model this size is that you don't really need that much space to run it, although bigger areas are more fun imho.
Jul 02, 2015, 07:11 AM
Me a long time ago
Another question.
I have ordered the 'kit' version. What servos should I need?
Jul 02, 2015, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Another question.
I have ordered the 'kit' version. What servos should I need?
I would say a couple of Futaba S3003 servos (3-4Kg/cm) would do the trick nicely; if you're feeling rich you could go to a 5-6Kg/cm servo on the sail, but it is probably overkill for the relatively small sail area.
Jul 02, 2015, 11:40 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by uavsimon
I would say a couple of Futaba S3003 servos (3-4Kg/cm) would do the trick nicely; if you're feeling rich you could go to a 5-6Kg/cm servo on the sail, but it is probably overkill for the relatively small sail area.
Thanks. I'll wait until I get the kit and see what I can dig out of my box. I have loads of 5g, 9g and some larger ones.
Jul 05, 2015, 06:44 AM
Your customer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Thanks. I'll wait until I get the kit and see what I can dig out of my box. I have loads of 5g, 9g and some larger ones.
Come back and let us know what you think of it!
Jul 05, 2015, 08:38 AM
Me a long time ago
I will. It has been dispatched from HK Uk on Friday, so I should receive it tomorrow. Well I paid for the 48 hour service.
Jul 06, 2015, 03:10 PM
If it's not fun, don't do it.

First on my block

Got one delivered the other day (as a gift - was not expecting it!) I got the ARR version and was able to put it together this morning before work! Just need to attach the sail and pray for some wind!

Actually found uavsimon assembly video and watched it last night. It was very helpful and i was able to basically open up the box this morning and slap it together without the included instructions!

Cant wait to sail!

I'll try to post a pic later.
Jul 06, 2015, 07:53 PM
And a link to the Video, Please.
Jul 06, 2015, 08:46 PM
First post on this topic for video.
Jul 07, 2015, 01:20 AM
Me a long time ago
I expected mine to arrive yesterday, (Monday) but it did not. I paid for the 48 hour delivery, why did I bother,it was dispatched Friday.
Maybe today.
Waiting in eager anticipation.
Jul 07, 2015, 07:47 AM
Me a long time ago
Hallelujah. It has just arrived. I have opened the boxes and will start the build shortly.
Jul 07, 2015, 08:53 AM

Bat 1 land yacht

Got the Bat 1 finished and rolling last night! Pics as promised!

Hoping for more wind today.
Jul 07, 2015, 08:54 AM
Cant wait to see how yours turns out!
Jul 07, 2015, 11:43 AM
Me a long time ago
All done. Had a few hitches as I had to 'borrow' a servo from one of my boats.
The supplied manual is not much help realy with the kit version. The video gave me the clues where I got stuck.
Funny decals, they are sticky transfers. Nobody said that.
I took it out into the small car park adjacent to my home, not ideal, but I got it going.
Needs fine tuning.