Jun 27, 2015, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Gens Ace batteries.

So I was amongst a few to receive a battery to test for Gens Ace.
All of you that know me know that my mainstay battery is the Turnigy Nano-Tech, and while I do fly some Zippy batteries they just don't have the tenacity of the Nano-Tech.
SO I was skeptical when Gens Ace approached me, to say the least - why change a good thing?

I requested a 25C 3S/3300 battery for my Easy Star to test, but due to a mishap in high wind that did not occur.

Next to step up was the IBCrazy Spectre running a 1300KV motor and an 8x6 prop, usually flies well but won't go vertical.

The battery was well packed and received in a timely manner. I compared it to a Turnigy Nano-Tech of the same rating that was also new.
The Gens Ace is ever so slightly thicker but otherwise the dimensions matched. IT appears the cells may just have a slight edge on the Nano-Tech.

The morning was already comfortably warm with the high expected near 90 so we had to be out flying by 8AM.
Launched at 32amps, noted the voltage only went DOWN to 12.6v, from 13.4, 13.4 Volts!! Nice!

Launch went extra ordinarily easy with a quick jump up to speed. Ran a few laps to get familiar with the new area as the usual field was taken today with horses.
I ran the battery at a modest level and then occasionally ran it up to WOT to determine how much voltage lag existed, very little - .4v max - that was MAX with .2v on average.

While we didn't go far we went FAST, upwards of 60mph chasing eachother, GoBigDale tried to keep with me but the Spectre was having none of that!

I ran it to 2300mah, exactly 1000mah short of it's capacity but I had intended to run it all the way down, but why ruin a perfectly good battery?

Same battery, Next launch, Spectre goes VERTICAL, up 100' in the blink of an eye (and down into a tree where I spent the remainder of the day attempting to recover it, thank you mother nature for the 5 hour recovery.)

So do I recommend these over Nano-Techs? - ABSOLUTELY - without hesitation I have found my new mainstay battery!

Now, beyond the test, the battery sat in 90 degree weather until approximately 5pm, 8 FULL hours. Voltage ran down to 9.9v and one cell was .2V lower but a quick balance charge and a STORAGE charge and the battery is as good as new with no puffing! THAT impressed me but it is not how I would normally test a battery.

I'm sold!

Not to mention, due to their independence day- they are selling these at 60% off so GET ONE, you'll love it!

I am very impressed with these batteries!!

PAY ATTENTION to the OSD- THe Voltage, the Amperage, the accumulated amperage, the speed, and most of all the altimeter when it climbs - it rockets!!

You'll note some video interference as that ship gets closer, they pump about 5000w of 2.4 Wifi - crazy....

GenAce Battery Test (2 min 32 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2015, 02:13 AM
fly by night
good to know thanks!

but since I have all the lipo for planes I need, and need more high-C small lipo for miniquad, it is very difficult to find GensAce (and many others) in the specs I want. SO I am trying Lumenier batteries for now. will try them in small planes too
Jun 28, 2015, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
good to know thanks!

but since I have all the lipo for planes I need, and need more high-C small lipo for miniquad, it is very difficult to find GensAce (and many others) in the specs I want. SO I am trying Lumenier batteries for now. will try them in small planes too
I'd be curious who actually makes their battery since I'm sure they are not set up to manufacture batteries, as well as TBS batteries - all made in one of 5 shops I have heard, in China.........
Except they add their name, and profit on top.....which is fine, Kroger does it, Lucerne does it - Wal-mart, that's what retailers do.
Jun 29, 2015, 01:05 AM
Suspended Account
so awesome, thanks for sharing this with us.
Jun 29, 2015, 01:06 AM
Suspended Account
And also I also get this independence activity from my friends. they said they have three promotion together.
Follwing are the details.
Online buy over USD89.99 for free shipping,
Hot sale on 2200mah 11.1V 25C JUST USD8.99. What’s more,
5000mah 7.4V 50C Only for USD25.99.
Tattu hot sale 10000mah 16000mah 22000mah 6S enjoy 20% off. and most of good up to 20-60% off.

I am so happy that the 2200-25c just need $89.99. I have ordered three batteries from their website www.genstattu.com and i do not need to pay for the shipping.
Jun 29, 2015, 05:45 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottTurchin
I'd be curious who actually makes their battery since I'm sure they are not set up to manufacture batteries, as well as TBS batteries - all made in one of 5 shops I have heard, in China.........
Except they add their name, and profit on top.....which is fine, Kroger does it, Lucerne does it - Wal-mart, that's what retailers do.
what you say is very true.

Maybe they are Gens Ace, or Gravity?? LOL It is nice they have sourced difficult to find miniquad lipo though, and they are proven to do better than some of the HK ones.

I got seriously burned buying Zippy Compacts. They are truly incorrectly rated, imho.

Quick Reply