Jun 25, 2015, 05:19 PM
Discussion

Official Spektrum Audio Editor App thread

Its been a long time waiting but its here.

http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...io_editor.html

Discuss operation and ideas to get this app working for you.
Last edited by aerocal; Jun 27, 2015 at 02:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2015, 05:45 PM
There are multiple threads going on -tryin to cover this !!
I put in my two bits worth on a couple of em
Jun 25, 2015, 05:48 PM
Yes bits and pieces are scattered between the various DX threads. Im hoping we can get all the Audio File App discussions and tips in one place.
Jun 25, 2015, 06:27 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
Who will be the first to do a step by step of how to get the editor and finally end up with a custom sound file activated on your Tx?
Jun 25, 2015, 06:35 PM
Go for it!

Andy
Jun 25, 2015, 06:47 PM
Not me
On these forums --no good deed goes unpunished ---
Jun 25, 2015, 06:51 PM
Crave,

When you ask about "importing" are you referring to loading the SVX file into the PC application for editing, or loading the created SVX file into your radio?

Andy
Jun 25, 2015, 07:07 PM
KnowWhatIMean
Sound is made. thank you Appreicate the help Crave
Jun 25, 2015, 07:09 PM
KnowWhatIMean
For some this may be a hard task took a few minutes to figure it out?

First thing to do is to follow the tutorial to the TEE!

Will update here the steps I did to get the fileon
Jun 25, 2015, 07:17 PM
So you have an externally-created sound file, and you want to integrate it into your radio?

Click on the Open button. Select the SVX file that corresponds to the language you want to use. If you don't have a file on your drive yet, you can get it here: http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/TransmitterSounds.html

Click on the Import button and select the file you want.

Andy

EDIT: Please do, crave, it will be much more understandable coming from somebody learning this. I may find myself skipping steps.
Jun 25, 2015, 07:28 PM
This site AT&T Voice can generate very good professional sounding voice files.
Jun 25, 2015, 07:32 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
So this tool appears to let you create up to 32 additional sounds. I'm disappointed. I wanted to be able to replace all the sounds in my DX9. I was prepared to have my wife sit down and read out each and every one. 32 might be enough to get by on, but I won't be able to get her voice on stuff like the telemetry readouts. Bummer.

The sounds you create are added to the language/audio file you select and then you install that modified file on your radio, and you have extra sounds that weren't there before... but still all the original sounds...
Jun 25, 2015, 07:42 PM
This is not the "studio" version, it is the "user" version. Right now the "studio" version is a spreadsheet and a command-line tool that lives on my computer in a folder with thousands of individual sound files.

Andy
Jun 25, 2015, 07:42 PM
AMA LM CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_Props
This site AT&T Voice can generate very good professional sounding voice files.
That one is broken, however a google search for text to speech will gain you many free ones.

You may need to convert the end product to a .wav file with another google search for a free tool as well.. all very simple to do.
Jun 25, 2015, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
That one is broken, however a google search for text to speech will gain you many free ones.

You may need to convert the end product to a .wav file with another google search for a free tool as well.. all very simple to do.
Darn, I've used that one forever.

Quick Reply