Jan 08, 2016, 07:47 AM
Sometime plane and heli flyer.
A bit more this morning...

to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2016, 07:54 AM
Thread OP
A local Marabu 2 builder just inform me that there is a missing slot in the rib for the rudder. It is not hard to cut that slot, but it is a bit embarrassed for me ...

I already correct the G-Code.

Jan 08, 2016, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralajt
A local Marabu 2 builder just inform me that there is a missing slot in the rib for the rudder. It is not hard to cut that slot, but it is a bit embarrassed for me ...

I already correct the G-Code.

It's in the DXF and I've cut it out on mine...guess you must have missed it in the CAM? I know I've done that for the rudder pull-pull wire exits on the body sides so I'm going to have to cut them out by hand....no big deal but annoying!
Jan 08, 2016, 01:42 PM
My mistake, I was looking at another slot (for the hinges....which I cut as an outside slot instead of inside...doh!!!!) You're correct. I've re-drawn the rib, beefed the joint up a bit and re-cut it...got to love having a CNC machine! I've also re-drawn rib 17 as I crushed the end sliding it into the slot, so I beefed it up a bit...hope you don't mind...

Jan 10, 2016, 12:24 PM
Glued the fin....

Jan 12, 2016, 09:57 AM
Bit of sheeting and cap strips.....

Jan 14, 2016, 08:53 AM
Tail fin done and offered up to dry fit fuz to see how it looks...

Glueing back half of fuz...using masking tape to hold parts together. Next time I'm going to use normal PVA glue not extra fast setting stuff as was a race against time to position everything in time!

Jan 14, 2016, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Hi! I slide carbon tubes at wing and hor.stabilizer attachment point to "aim" over them in order to avoid twisting fuselage while glue drying.
Jan 14, 2016, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralajt
Hi! I slide carbon tubes at wing and hor.stabilizer attachment point to "aim" over them in order to avoid twisting fuselage while glue drying.
I've used a digital level to check for twisting, so fingers crossed it'll be straight once dried!! I'll put them in to check now though.....
Jan 14, 2016, 09:19 AM
Yep....all good

Sighted from rear and tubes level....

Digital bevel level gauge zeroed off the board and then put on fuze at tail and near wing....

Also checked uprights with engineers angle and all good too....

Credit to your design Mitja that it all slots together beautifully square
Last edited by n0bbyUK; Jan 14, 2016 at 09:26 AM.
Jan 14, 2016, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
Nice!
Jan 14, 2016, 01:11 PM
Example of the great fit of parts....

Jan 19, 2016, 09:56 AM
Glued the front of the fuz in lunch, not done all of it but enough to be getting on with....used slow drying glue so I could reposition if necessary, and used plenty of masking tape!!!

Used a couple of clamps to keep the sides clamped where they meet at the nose and also where they start to bend in towards the nose.
Jan 19, 2016, 01:41 PM
son of a pilot
I really like the construction photos and the plane. Would love to see a smaller 3200 sq. cm version similar size to the FunCub.
Jan 20, 2016, 07:52 AM
Mitja, I'm struggling to see how this piece slots or sits, can you advise please?

Does it just sit under the top wood piece?

Quick Reply