Jun 24, 2015, 04:17 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My Sakura D4 thread. rwd configuration.

Bored at work as usual.

I pre-ordered a 3 racing RWD D4 with YR GC301 gyro and OMG CM07s servo package about 2 weeks ago. decent deal with free shipping for $159.95 from RCMART.

I ordered my sakura xi sport from them several years ago...

So im jumping the gun and will post my D4 updates to this thread as they come. Shipment is estimated sometime mid-July 2015.

Ive been waiting for a while for the D4. I ve been sliding my xi sport with drift tires for a while. It's not CS or built for drifting, but it was still fun. I wanted to hold off on getting a D3 bc i didnt want to deal with the steering angle mods etc that everyone is doing and i knew the D4 was going to come out.

I will be using a hobbyking 60a ESC and a turnigy XK3650-3050KV. Just ordered those today. Ive been using a 17.5 turnigy trackstar on my xi sport with no complaints.

Initial body will be my levin shell.

Last edited by LemonC; Nov 06, 2015 at 03:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2015, 09:07 AM
Thread OP
My RWD D4 just arrived! pics soon!

*arg! missing parts. >
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 06, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Aug 06, 2015, 06:50 PM
Thread OP

here you can see the missing bits. > i've emailed them about it... when i got my xi sport 2-3years ago, the kit was missing one small part and they sent me a replacement withing a week. hopefully i get the same turn around time with these. i have bad luck i m pretty sure. lame

more soon.
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 06, 2015 at 07:29 PM.
Aug 08, 2015, 06:14 AM
hey was your belt really tight with their config
Aug 08, 2015, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
not really overly tight. i adjusted my tension to hole # 2 from the top on the bulkheads.

at first when i started that step, i thought it was gonna be too loose actually (until i set the tension).
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 17, 2015 at 03:14 PM.
Aug 09, 2015, 05:29 PM
Is this for drift ?
Aug 10, 2015, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
yeah, the Sakura D4 is the new 3racing drift chassis. altho i will definately be trying it out at some point with my rubber tires from my xi sport.
Aug 14, 2015, 12:39 PM
I have also some trouble when built my d4. The pulley gear adapter (sakd410) was not fit with the shaft (sakd409). It stuck and can not be install or release.
Is there anybody got similar problems like mine?

Thanks
Aug 14, 2015, 03:57 PM
Thread OP
Did you try tapping it off using* a vice or something? maybe a bit of spray lubricant first? then debur the adaptor once you get it free.

im still waiting on my front suspension bits to get to me...

also, i got some more blingy bits to further my available bling. more pics soon. i pinked out the front shock mounts. The uppers i used 2x m3x3mm anodized washers with the pink 5.8 ball studs and some 12mm m3 button heads in pink to keep it all tied together. i could have probably used the 3.5mm washers but i get more threads in the ball stud with the 3.0mm's (its maybe 1mm shorter than the original upper mounts.
And got some more pivot balls and FF 0* and FR (2 piece ones) alum suspension mounts. ( i had gotten some ff/fr prior but i put them on my xi sport ). The back end i had already installed the RR mount with the RF in plastic bc i ran out of pivot balls. With the rear end now alum, i need to shim or throw in a .5mm washer bc it has too much play in the arms on both sides. The front arms are nice and tight.
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 14, 2015 at 04:08 PM.
Aug 15, 2015, 12:34 AM
I'm using pliers to release it. Thats how it runs the anodize part scracth LoL

I also tries to use black and white grease, but still doesnt works well
Aug 17, 2015, 02:23 PM
Thread OP

ive got a speed passion reventon S brushless esc and a speed passion 13.5 brushless i will be installing on my D4 but ive been lazy about it since i cant even drive the [email protected] thing for who knows how long....
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 17, 2015 at 03:16 PM.
Aug 18, 2015, 12:49 PM
Keep the updates coming! I'm interested in this car while I have been looking at the D3 for a while until I bought myself a 1/8 scale buggy. Still want to get into drifting sometime though ☺

Hopefully the customer support steps up and fixes your problems. Very annoying if something like that happens.
Aug 18, 2015, 04:58 PM
Thread OP
Im anxiously waiting for the support to come through... i think it may be on its way but not totally sure at the moment unfortunately.

there's a drift track about to open fairly close to me (about 35-30minutes away). from their progress pics on fb, its gonna be really nice. im looking forward to that and the a/c they will have bc texas is too hot. anyone want to trade houses? oregon, colorado?
Aug 22, 2015, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
I decided to improvise a bit. picked up some m3-25mm screws, used 3 x 3mm m3 washers and a few extras from my axial scx10's shock stuff. i think they are 7mm spacers. they fit nice and snug and i used some open ball cups from the axial kit also. im not sure if they will stay put or not...

w kit wheels...
Last edited by LemonC; Aug 22, 2015 at 10:34 PM.
Aug 24, 2015, 05:57 AM
Looking slick! It's such a temptation to buy this car but I'm on a really tight budget right now...

Do you also have the D3 and what are the main differences between them?
Last edited by RcFanatic97; Aug 24, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quick Reply