Futaba S.Bus Installation - Video Tutorial

Futaba's S.Bus technology allows for clean wiring inside a fuselage and additional programming options for S.Bus capable servos. Check out this video tutorial to learn more.

Splash

Demystifying S.Bus

Futaba's S.Bus technology has been around for years, but there's many modelers out there that don't understand how the system works, and what the benefits are of using S.Bus. In this video tutorial that I put together for FlyingGiants.com, I explain a bit about Futaba S.Bus technology, program a few of the servos, and install the system in a Flitework Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter.

Not only is the system a breeze to install, but the single wire output makes branching off to additional servos a neat and painless process. If you're using the Futaba 14SG or other S.Bus capable transmitter, you can quickly and easily program your servos without the need for a computer and USB dongle.

The Video Tutorial

Futaba S.Bus - FlyingGiants Video Tutorial (13 min 52 sec)

Items Used:

Links

You can learn more about S.Bus on the official Futaba webpage

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 24, 2015 at 01:10 PM..
Jun 26, 2015, 02:20 PM
I see you trying to keep up with FrSky.
Jun 26, 2015, 03:03 PM
I thought Futaba had this out before FrSky.
Jun 26, 2015, 03:36 PM
After watching this video, I plan to stick with my "old fashoned" Spektrum radio and digital servos. The S-bus system is way more complicated to hook up; With the digital servos, you just plug into your receiver and program. No figuring out hubs and connection schemes, and how many batteries, one for each hub? How does that simplify wiring? And the S-bus programming is a lot more complicated than anything I want to use. I can see that there are some additional programming features available with the S-bus servos, but none that I think I would have to have for successful flying. Finally, without even checking pricing, I know the S-bus system is way more expensive than the best digital servo system because of all the extra hardware you need.
Jun 26, 2015, 03:59 PM
I use the FRSky version on my quad copter. For that application it's great. A lot less wiring no hubs or servo adapters and was able to utilize an 8 channel receiver as a 14 channel rcvr.
Jul 03, 2015, 08:11 AM
Team Compass USA, Team KBDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 2416n
I thought Futaba had this out before FrSky.
You would be correct.
Jul 14, 2015, 06:27 AM
rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBoy
After watching this video, I plan to stick with my "old fashoned" Spektrum radio and digital servos. The S-bus system is way more complicated to hook up; With the digital servos, you just plug into your receiver and program. No figuring out hubs and connection schemes, and how many batteries, one for each hub? How does that simplify wiring? And the S-bus programming is a lot more complicated than anything I want to use. I can see that there are some additional programming features available with the S-bus servos, but none that I think I would have to have for successful flying. Finally, without even checking pricing, I know the S-bus system is way more expensive than the best digital servo system because of all the extra hardware you need.
Futaba's S.Bus technology has been around for years, but there's many modelers out there that don't understand how the system works...

And even after the video people still don't get it...
What extra bateteries? The hubs are nothing but Y... There nothing complicated about thus stuff... Geeez!

Quick Reply