Nov 21, 2017, 10:27 PM
I'm not really looking for slow speed. I'm looking for carving clean lines and acro patterns at speed, but not a straight line rocket. Which of your planes best matches that description?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2017, 08:32 AM
Thread OP

nnP-39

Either are great for that, however the Chip is my favorite. Build it with the speedwing and you won’t be disappointed.
Nov 22, 2017, 08:52 AM
Perfect. It’s now officially on the build queue

I’ll probably initially run it on FT PowerPack C electronics and then upgrade to one of your faster recommendations after I get a feel for it.
Nov 22, 2017, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
The NTM 35-36 1400kv setup I list on my site is a great balance of power. The power pack c will do fine, but the plane likes to take a lot more.
Nov 22, 2017, 11:02 AM
OK, I'll go with your suggestion.

What's your latest recommended way to color your planes? Paint? What kind of paint? Packing tape with paper on/off? What have you found is the best appearance-to-weight ratio? I've built 5 FT planes now, but I'm only just starting to figure out how to make them non-DTFB-white, other than a bit of fat permanent marker. I've watched the FT video on painting foamboard planes, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts after building these super-fast foamboard planes.

Looking forward to this!
Nov 23, 2017, 09:59 AM
Thread OP
I will do either tape with paper on or oil based polyurethane and then cheap rattle can. Both hold up well but the tape adds extra strength compared to the poly route.
Jan 02, 2020, 10:18 PM

Finishing build but?

I have looked all over and can not find instructions as to where CG is, others have asked as well so not sure where that info is? Thanks hope someone is still reading this site
Jan 03, 2020, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3429
I have looked all over and can not find instructions as to where CG is, others have asked as well so not sure where that info is? Thanks hope someone is still reading this site
The plans have a symbol on them marking the C.O.G.
Jan 13, 2020, 01:39 PM
Thanks, my blown up plans only had a small circle with no CG symbol but found the symbol in a one page print out of the wing...So thank you.

Any hints on how to protect the control horns, under the wing on landing? Seem like they would be torn out with grass?
Jan 15, 2020, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3429
Thanks, my blown up plans only had a small circle with no CG symbol but found the symbol in a one page print out of the wing...So thank you.

Any hints on how to protect the control horns, under the wing on landing? Seem like they would be torn out with grass?
I actually installed landing gear on mine, but a lot of people will cut the handle off a plastic spoon and use that as a cover

Quick Reply