HSD Furious 200 >Speed up to 200km/h(124mph) - RC Groups
Jun 24, 2015, 03:02 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
New Product

HSD Furious 200 >Speed up to 200km/h(124mph)

not sure if you have seen this.

HSD Furious 200 Speed up to 200km/h(124mph)

link:http://www.banggood.com/HSD-Furious-...-p-980588.html

Description:
Brand Name: HSD
Item Name: Fusrious 200
Wingspan:1292mm
Overall Length: 884mm/34.80in
Material: Durable EPO
Flying Weight:1400g
Motor Size:Brushless Outrunner 2820-KV1550
ESC: Brushless 60A
Propeller: 7x5
Servo:12g metal shell and digital servos x 4
Recommended Battery: 14.8V 2200-3300mAh 40C(not included)
Requires: PNP requires Radio System, Battery and Charger

Features:
Speed up to 200km/h(124mph)
1500KV motor to pull the glider to altitude for gliding
Simple build process
Spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
Outrunner motor, servos, and ESC come pre-installed for your convenience
5-Channel control with flaps for aerobatic maneuverability and spot landings

Package included:
1 x HSD Furious 200 Glider PNP
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
It looks very cool. I love my EFX Racer and this looks similar and bigger with some changes. Here is a place in the USA that will have them maybe by late August.
http://www.dragonhobbyusa.com/scale-...0-red-pnp.html

It does not look like the motor is set up as a glider though since it does not have a folding prop. It looks more like a fast sport or reno racer type plane with a rudder which I prefer.
Jul 14, 2015, 05:52 AM
It will be available in banggood this month. We also provide free shipping for this racer plane.
Jul 25, 2015, 01:40 AM
Here are some close up pics of the other scheme. This one makes more sense since it does not have flaps on a belly lander. Unless they were designed to go up like an air brake or spoileron. It states 4 servos and 4 are visible unlike earlier pics with 6 visible. If this flies as nice as my EFX racer I will be very happy.
http://hsdhobby.com/goods.php?id=261

Other scheme as well
http://hsdhobby.com/goods.php?id=226
Aug 12, 2015, 09:00 PM
Taranis Tyro...
I am being sent one by Bangood to review for them in RCGroups, most probably in the Electric planes forum - will let you know when it gets here.
Aug 12, 2015, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
I am being sent one by Bangood to review for them in RCGroups, most probably in the Electric planes forum - will let you know when it gets here.
That's awesome. I had to hold off on buying one since there was not much hype about it. I also read some "reviews" on some sites but they were not real reviews. They were all some bad translation from Chinese that did not make grammatical sense. Love to read your review and see a flight video. I also could not find any videos in YouTube. If you could compare it to the extremely popular EFX that would be great as well. I like that they both are fast yet still have a rudder so they can do a lot more than just go fast. I do point rolls, slow rolls, wild snaps and perfectly round inverted loops with my EFX.

If you could get someone to radar gun the plane as well to see if the claimed 200 Kilometers per hour is accurate that would be awesome.
Thanks
Aug 13, 2015, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Nice,might add this one to my fleet. :-)
Aug 13, 2015, 03:25 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatic Addict
That's awesome. I had to hold off on buying one since there was not much hype about it. I also read some "reviews" on some sites but they were not real reviews. They were all some bad translation from Chinese that did not make grammatical sense. Love to read your review and see a flight video. I also could not find any videos in YouTube.
There is a video embedded in the Banggood listing...

HSD Furious 200 1292mm Wingspan High Speed Glider PNP-Banggood.com (4 min 39 sec)

Quote:
If you could compare it to the extremely popular EFX that would be great as well. I like that they both are fast yet still have a rudder so they can do a lot more than just go fast. I do point rolls, slow rolls, wild snaps and perfectly round inverted loops with my EFX.
I have an EFX (I started the original EFX threads over in Electric Planes forum, which I suspect is why they approached me to review this), and I will compare them during the review. They do appear quite similar, but looking at the specs this one is a fair bit bigger (1292mm vs 1100mm).
Quote:
If you could get someone to radar gun the plane as well to see if the claimed 200 Kilometers per hour is accurate that would be awesome.
Neither I nor anyone I know has a radar gun, but I think we can probably say now that that claim is dubious...
  • The Furious is bigger (1292mm vs 1100mm) and heavier (1400g [surely a typo!] vs.720g ) than the EFX.
  • It is running a larger prop (7x5 vs. 5x5 on 4S) and lower Kv motor (1550 vs. 2300) than the EFX, meaning RPM and pitch speed (and therefore top speed) must be lower. Pitch speed on the EFX based on these figures is ~135mph; using the Kv of 1550 and a pack voltage of 14.8V the very best achieveable pitch speed for the Furious with zero losses is ~105mph (calculator used).
  • We know the EFX in stock form is only capable of the high 90s or maybe a ton in level flight on 4S, so the Furious must be slower than that based on the numbers.
All will become clear when it arrives - my bet is ~85mph in level flight.
Last edited by MattyB; Aug 15, 2015 at 04:53 AM.
Aug 14, 2015, 07:11 PM
Thanks MattyB for the video and posts. I like how it snaps and verticals look good. Snaps are one of my favorite things to do on the EFX as well. I have the packs for it since I bought a motionrc p-51 Strega thinking it would be similar but have landing gear. It flew well but not extremely maneuverable as my EFX. I thought I would prefer landing gear but trying to take off with a warbird style plane was much harder than hand launching. Also I thought I would prefer retracts on this style plane but realized retracts sometimes don't come down and are more prone to damage. I sold it after a few flights.

I may just have to try one of these after all. I'm guessing it should have longer flight timespan my EFX at least since the pack in it can be much bigger. I got some 4s 3300 waiting for this. I fly my EFX on full throttle though on 3s 2200 and get 3min. Glad your doing a review.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:09 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Ok, it has shipped - could take anywhere between 1 & 4 weeks to arrive apparently.
Aug 17, 2015, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Ok, it has shipped - could take anywhere between 1 & 4 weeks to arrive apparently.

I noticed that as well. Both places that sell it Bang good and Dragon Hobby have a 2-4 week shipping time since it comes out of China and is not warehoused in the USA. That is a big reason why people won't buy it as an impulse. They need there RC fix faster.

At least Banggood does not charge a international shipping price and then a local shipping price like Dragon Hobby. The overall price with free shipping for $199 from Bangood seems good but to bad there is a long wait for shipping.
Aug 17, 2015, 10:28 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
I am interested in the actual speed as well as I like my EFX a lot and I like this is bigger. But no way 125mph on a 5" pitch prop. Needs more like a 6S with that low KV!
Aug 20, 2015, 08:25 PM
Throttle Bender
One of these was on my doorstep today. Dragon/EMS. It's the Red/White one. It doesn't have flaps like on Dragon's website. Instructions say 4s. However the box says 14.8 to 22.2v. 2200-3300. A 4s 3700 fits under the canopy with no surgery. I doubt that it would balance with that. 6s 1800 fits with room to spare so I think a 2200 6s would be the Bat to use. I have 5s 2650s that might be worth trying. Won't take long to assemble. I may try one of my 7x10 props on 4s. Will check amps. It's got room up front for bigger motors. Wonder how any amps the stock motor can handle.
Aug 21, 2015, 01:51 PM
Merlinfan,
I'm interested to read what you think about it. Keep us informed. Not to many people have this but it looks cool.
Aug 21, 2015, 05:43 PM
Throttle Bender
The motor seems to use the AXI numbering method. It's a lot bigger than the stock EFX motor. No way is the prop a 7x5. More like 7x6 or 7 square. It's taking a lot of work to balance the prop. I flipped the spinner 180 degrees on its backplate and it went from way out of balance to balanced. I put a mark on it. It's balancing at recommended CG with a 4s 2700 all the way forward.