Robocat 270/SRD280 -- Build Log-- Info Thread - RC Groups
Jun 23, 2015, 03:33 PM
Build Log

Robocat 270/SRD280 -- Build Log-- Info Thread

I just bought one of these from here.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOBOC...355500188.html

Anybody seen these airframes?

This will be a build log when it arrives. I am interested if anybody else has seen these or has come across any more info on them?

I think it looks pretty darn cool, and I like the layout/design. Fairly aerodynamic, however some angled motor mounts will be in order to maintain that.

The hinged deck is pretty slick, but it looks like the 3D printed hinges leave a bit to be desired, and will likely be replaced with something better looking at least.

The canopy looks slick as snot, I just hope it doesnt buzz like crazy.

I got the yellow one, but its screaming for some custom paint.

Havent decided on the electrics yet.

FPV RACING MINI QUADCOPTER (ROBOCAT) V3 (1 min 27 sec)

RoboCat Video Manual (2 min 4 sec)
Last edited by IndyFPV; Jul 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2015, 03:41 PM
Here is my current CC3D UAV settings file and screen shots.

This is tuned for 2204's on 4S w/5045 props.

Notice the LowPass filter @ 188Hz on the MPU6000 settings

Last edited by IndyFPV; Sep 25, 2015 at 07:50 PM.
Jun 23, 2015, 03:57 PM
There was a thread about the robocat in the mini multirotor forum. It didn't go over very well because they were accused of copying a nearly identical quad.
Jun 23, 2015, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
There was a thread about the robocat in the mini multirotor forum. It didn't go over very well because they were accused of copying a nearly identical quad.
What was the copied quad? I havent see one like it, but I am fairly new to minis.

Than can be said for practically everything on the market though. Everybody is borrowing ideas from everybody. However, there are only so many ways to make a device such as this. Its not unlikely that very similar designs can come about on completely separate parallel paths, and neither have a clue about the other. Not saying that was the case here.

Nevermind, I remember seeing the deifiance now. It is close, but different enough to merely be inspired by, not a clone.
Last edited by IndyFPV; Jun 23, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
Jun 23, 2015, 04:31 PM
Find the thread and read for yourself.

I do like the canopy. I'm surprised more quads don't have something similar.
Jun 23, 2015, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Find the thread and read for yourself.

I do like the canopy. I'm surprised more quads don't have something similar.
I realized what it was once I pictured it without the canopy. However, stating its a clone is unreasonable. It is certainly inspired by it, and may have had some aspects directly "copied", but its different enough to be its own.

But hey, it uses the same size screws, so it must be a clone right.

There are more popping up with canopies, and several people have made canopies themselves.

I couldnt find the thread with a search for "Robocat", I had to search for "robo" and weed through for a moment.
Jun 23, 2015, 04:48 PM
I didn't say I had an issue with it, just that a thread for it already exists.
Jun 23, 2015, 05:17 PM
Quote:
I didn't say I had an issue with it, just that a thread for it already exists.
Yes, I know, sorry if it came out that way. I wasnt implying you had an issue.
Jun 24, 2015, 09:54 AM
No prob. Good luck with the build!
Jun 25, 2015, 01:13 AM
Flys Into Trees
Im real tempted by one of these. They look really cool. But im worried about how tall it is and what it will do to the flight charactersitics

If its no good ill just hold out untill i can get my own frame finished and cut out.... i had a lexan shell like this planned as well
Jun 25, 2015, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdog 64
Im real tempted by one of these. They look really cool. But im worried about how tall it is and what it will do to the flight charactersitics

If its no good ill just hold out untill i can get my own frame finished and cut out.... i had a lexan shell like this planned as well
It does look a little tall, but the battery is placed closer to CG on this frame, and the lighter components are above, so the mass above CG will be relatively less than other quads. It should actually handle better.
Jun 25, 2015, 10:55 AM
This is a cool looking little quad but I'm sure I'd trash that canopy in a day the way I fly.
Jun 25, 2015, 07:31 PM
It has been said by someone that this frame has been snagged up by one of the large online retailers.

Hmmm.. I wonder who that may be? Duh.....
Jun 30, 2015, 12:18 AM
Looks like a Atas 265
Jul 06, 2015, 06:22 PM
Good news! The Robocat has arrived.

Good news! The mounting blocks are now aluminum instead of 3D printed as shown in their photos.

Bad news! Missing all screws. Good thing I have a stash.