Jun 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
Last edited by TheMustangOne; Sep 14, 2015 at 09:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2015, 05:26 PM
If they would have had a Optim 300 on the shelf, I would have bought one.

Instead I bought a 360 CFX. It's so beautiful I could not help myself.
Last edited by Steve_; Jun 26, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
Jun 27, 2015, 08:21 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck143
So could a person buy the Ares controller, add a Spektrum satellite, slap it on a 300X, bind to his Spektrum tx, and have a fully programmable self-leveling Blade 300x, with auto inverted flight?

PS: And then get all his money back by selling his AR7200 BX!
Not to sure about that. Depends on how programmable the ares flight controller is.

Note the location of the ele servo on the 300X and the Ares. That would be the biggest problem, if the controller has very fixed ideas about mixing and corrective behaviour.
Jun 27, 2015, 08:22 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
If they would have had a Optim 300 on the shelf, I would have bought one.

Instead I bought a 360 CFX. It's so beautiful I could not help myself.
I think you made a good choice. I mean seriously, if you need bailout then, just add it on. Get a microbeast plus wotsit or unit of choice.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:30 PM
AA6JB
A few photos of ours as we start exploring it's capabilities ...

Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jul 07, 2015, 10:49 PM
To answer a few questions raised in this thread.

Will aftermarket radios work? Yes, when you switch out the stock Ares Satellite receiver located at the bottom side of the airframe. All you need is the satellite and radio the servos all plug into the flight controller on the top aft end of the airframe. You need a 7 channel or higher to use the 6 axis and auto invert functionality. You can use a Futaba radio using a sbus adapter that Ares offers.

I did not read Neal's full review (sorry Neal ) the following may be redundant. I cannot say if any Blade parts will work on the heli as I have not tried any with the model I have. The only thing I can confirm is that the servos do use the same gears as the S75 from Blade and Spektrum.

Upgrades offered (having the pleasure of installing them all as we speak) for static display for HobbyTown's National Convention.

Carbon Fiber Main Rotor Blades, Tail Rotor Blade, Tail Fin, Main Boom, tail baldes
Wood Blades,

Comes stock with a very forgiving plastic blades. Again may be redundant but the plastic blades are very forgiving, light weight and can take a beating. We do suggest as you progress with your flying capabilities that you upgrade to the wood or CF Blades to get all you can out of a very impressive machine.

Aluminum Parts; Tail boom supports, swash, follower arms, head block, main grips, anti-rotation bracket, tail rotor shaft /pully, tail pitch slider, tail blade grips, tail case horizontal fin mount, tail rotor pitch arm set and tail servo mount.

The Ares product developers spent countless man hours to have a true CP 6 axis heli with auto invert switch and head speed to impress seasoned pilots.

I have been flying tri and quacopters since the Wii mote Arduino days. I gravitated to the tri and quads as I was that I guy that could not master the CP. I'll be honest white knuckling a aircraft just to get a hover does not sound fun to me. Now with the Ares CP I can used the 6 Axis get it up and out of the dirty air, get a handle on things and switch over to 3 axis when things go south switch back to 6 axis.

Hope some of the extra info helps.

Firelands Group Product Support
Jamee
Jul 13, 2015, 06:59 AM
Hi people. Im a blade 200 srx pilot from down under. Looking fora CP with some sort of safety aspects.
I can't find much about the ares optimum 300 cp on the net. Is this because of its unpopularity or has it just been released.
Is it easy enough for a 3d learner?
My LHS has 1 left. Thinking of lay buying it....... any thoughts?
It's only $50 more than the SRX ...........
Jul 13, 2015, 07:27 AM

blade 200 srx pilot

Hi there from down under.
I want to get into CP flight with some sort of safety feature.
And without spending too much more than the SRX .
. And i understand that the self leveling feature is similar to the panic button on the blade.
Does it have basic and advanced modes so as to prevent loosing it.....
is the self leveling function available only in basic or non 3d mode if that in fact is a feature
cheers all
Stevo
Jul 13, 2015, 07:22 PM
Both the 200 SRX and Optim 300 self level when in beginner flight modes.

When you release the cyclic stick the bird will automatically level out, just like a quad.

There are pros ans cons to the beginner flight modes.

They are easy to fly, but when you switch to standard helicopter mode (no self-leveling) it can
make it that much harder to learn.

Many folks transition without any problem, but it's not uncommon to get stuck in a self-leveling rut.

Have you tried agility mode on your 200 SRX? Standard CP flight is very similar.
Last edited by Steve_; Jul 13, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
Jul 13, 2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks for your response.
I only go to agility mode to wow my kids with the odd loop then straight back to intermediate mode.
Is the basic mode on the ares good enough for general flight? I just love the idea of using collective pitch.
Stunts will come later.
And are there 3 or 2 modes on the Ares ie basic with self righting intermediate with or without and agility obviously not
Thanks for your time
Jul 13, 2015, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstteevvee
Thanks for your response.
I only go to agility mode to wow my kids with the odd loop then straight back to intermediate mode.
Is the basic mode on the ares good enough for general flight? I just love the idea of using collective pitch.
Stunts will come later.
And are there 3 or 2 modes on the Ares ie basic with self righting intermediate with or without and agility obviously not
Thanks for your time
You can always get the Futaba RX and use a full function computer radio.

Then you can make it behave any way you want by adjusting curves, rates and exponential.

You might even be able to adjust these settings with the stock radio, I'm unsure of it's capabilities.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:35 PM
Cheers. My LHS has only 1 left. I may have to snap it up. They said the next shipment will go up $100 minimum per unit.
I just want to know if the collective is used in safe mode or do the blades go to a certain angle and the stick is employed as a throttle like the 4 channel setups
Thanx
Jul 14, 2015, 12:17 AM
You can download the manual from here, it will answer most of your questions, if not all of them.
It's well documented.
Jul 14, 2015, 02:45 AM
Thank you for your time and input. I have just gotten back from my LHS. I put some cash on it .
Its mine. (When i pay the balance )
YAY! !!!!!!!!!
cant wait
☺��������������
Jul 14, 2015, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstteevvee
Thank you for your time and input. I have just gotten back from my LHS. I put some cash on it .
Its mine. (When i pay the balance )
YAY! !!!!!!!!!
cant wait
☺��������������
Awesome !

Keep us posted.

There are not many independent reviews for this helicopter, but from what I can tell it should be
a solid machine.

The belt drive design is a proven performer.
Last edited by Steve_; Jul 14, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply