Jun 22, 2015, 12:16 AM
Your #1 Source for Quality FPV
Thread OP
New Product

Nighthawk Pro 280 Drone Racer

Emax NightHawk Pro 280 Intro HD (1 min 50 sec)

The Nighthawk Pro 280 was designed from the ground up to meet the exacting specifications of the Drone Racer. The Nighthawk Pro 280 comes fully tuned with the new Skylight 32 integrated flight control board with four 12Amp BLHeli One shot speed controllers. The power system consists of EMAX 2204 2300 kV motors and 6045 propellers mounted on a 10 degree tilt allowing greater forward speeds without sacrificing elevation. For the FPV racer, the Nighthawk Pro 280 includes a 700TVL camera with optional tilt mounts that allow you a perfect horizontal view in flight, and a 20W-200W video transmitter with a selectable switch, allowing you the option to choose the power output of your transmitter. The Nighthawk Pro 280 is without a doubt an exciting new quadcopter that captures the joy of quadcopter racing!

Features:
  • Independent designed solid, durable and stable frame, centroid and center of gravity are same even battery installed
  • Prebuilt frame and extra accessories, Built with powerful EMAX power system and open source flight controller to ensure power and customizable (RTF model can fly after battery and propellers installed)
  • The sturdy copter frame has extensive flight test and endurance test.
  • Bright COB rear LED, different LED color can use distinguish copters when group flying (LED power consumption is 4W, which might decrease flying times.)
  • All in one design to combine ESC, BEC, and flight controller for easy installation and easy replacement. Plug and play motor, easy for swapping motor and no soldering needed.
  • Independent. Independent ESC and flight controller and power supply. ESC switch to perform single ESC calibration and boot pad to perform software and firmware upgrade.
  • Flight controller use 32bit ARM micro processor, fast process speed to ensure fast respond
  • Gyroscope, magnetometer, and accelerometer and barometer expansion port. With CPPM receiver GPS feature can be enable. (GPS module sold separately)
  • Support ANGLE, HORIZON, HEADFREE, MAG, HEADADJ ...etc modes.
  • Support RC Input: standard signal, CPPM (PPM SUM) signal, PWM singal.
  • Low voltage monitoring and low voltage warning. (Buzzer sold separately)
  • Use EMAX 12A ESC, support open source BLHeli and ONESHOT feature; flight controller is based on NAZE32 Skyline32, support open source configurator Baseflight and Cleanflight
  • Extra power output and power output switch for LED expansion.

Specifications:
  • Wheelbase: 280mm
  • Flight Weight: 440g(No Battery Included )
  • Frame Size: 252mm*260mm*75mm
  • Package Size: 315*295*100(mm)
  • Motor: MT2204(Customization Version)
  • ESC: BLheli 12A 4in1(Integrate on board)
  • Propeller: 6045
  • Flight controller: Skyline32(Integrate on board)
  • FPV transmitter: 20MW/200MW
  • Antenna: 5.8G Clover 3 Blade Antenna Straight Connector
  • FPV Camera: 1/3-inch CMOS
  • Battery: 3S,1500-2200mAH 30C (Not including)
  • Transmitter and Receiver (ARF not including)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2015, 05:37 PM
Hi Yin Yan

What is the difference between the motors in this kit compared to the standard 2204
Jun 22, 2015, 06:59 PM
looking forward to the release of this nice quad.....
btw, is the receiver antenna holder included in the ARF version?
Jun 22, 2015, 07:19 PM
Can you give us more details regarding the GPS capabilities ? Will it provide RTH as a fail safe ? What extra parts will I need to purchase ? Which radio do you recommend ?
Jun 22, 2015, 08:37 PM
FL, Sanford
I posted it in previous thread, is the weight of 440g with or w/o battery? It says battery not included, if I understand it correctly the kit comes without a battery, but the weight measured with battery.
Jun 22, 2015, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilau
Hi Yin Yan

What is the difference between the motors in this kit compared to the standard 2204
They are actually, but the wire connected to the ESCs is different. The MT2204 in the kit comes with a connector which goes directly to the board. :-)

EMAX
Jun 22, 2015, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoV2
looking forward to the release of this nice quad.....
btw, is the receiver antenna holder included in the ARF version?
Yes, it is included in the ARF version. :-)

EMAX
Jun 22, 2015, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
I posted it in previous thread, is the weight of 440g with or w/o battery? It says battery not included, if I understand it correctly the kit comes without a battery, but the weight measured with battery.
Sorry to make you confused. 440g doesnot include the battery.

EMAX
Jun 22, 2015, 09:33 PM
Hi EMAX, I am a beginner in R/C. May I know which one is suitable for Beginner? Thanks.
Jun 22, 2015, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy2015
Can you give us more details regarding the GPS capabilities ? Will it provide RTH as a fail safe ? What extra parts will I need to purchase ? Which radio do you recommend ?
If GPS feature is enable, CH3 and CH4 are GPS Signal Pin(CH3:TX,CH4:RX). If use CPPM receiver, CH5 and CH6 are not used. If use standard receiver, CH1(AIL), CH2(ELE), CH5(THR), CH6(RUD). For RTF, you just need one battery with XT60 connector (Suggested battery size: 3-4S 1300-2200mah 35C). For ARF, you need battery and transmitter.
Jun 22, 2015, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying LA
Hi EMAX, I am a beginner in R/C. May I know which one is suitable for Beginner? Thanks.
RTF is suitable for you for it just needs a battery.

EMAX
Jun 22, 2015, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX Yin Yan
If GPS feature is enable, CH3 and CH4 are GPS Signal Pin(CH3:TX,CH4:RX). If use CPPM receiver, CH5 and CH6 are not used. If use standard receiver, CH1(AIL), CH2(ELE), CH5(THR), CH6(RUD). For RTF, you just need one battery with XT60 connector (Suggested battery size: 3-4S 1300-2200mah 35C). For ARF, you need battery and transmitter.
How do I enable GPS feature ? What GPS module do I have to buy ? Does the RTF radio include the CPPM receiver ? I'm a noobie, so I'm not sure what you are saying.

I just want to know what I have to buy so that I can have RTH as a fail safe.
Jun 22, 2015, 09:45 PM
FL, Sanford
Quote:
Sorry to make you confused. 440g doesnot include the battery.

EMAX
Thanks Yin Yan
Jun 22, 2015, 10:24 PM
Quote:
RTF is suitable for you for it just needs a battery.

EMAX
Thanks, I will get one.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
How do I enable GPS feature ? What GPS module do I have to buy ? Does the RTF radio include the CPPM receiver ? I'm a noobie, so I'm not sure what you are saying.

I just want to know what I have to buy so that I can have RTH as a fail safe.
You can choose GPS according to your need. GPS with TX, RX signal pin can be used.

The RTF transmitter is not CPPM but we have the port for CPPM transmitter.

EMAX

Quick Reply