Jun 20, 2015, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Battery issue or flight controller issue?

I recently purchased a 250 fpv kit...assembled it and now am looking for battery suggestions...the kit I bought was the following: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331519534250...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And for a radio system I have a 6ch Flysky...not the best but it will do for now...

I have a SPC Racing Li-Po that I use for my r/c trucks/car... it's a 3s1p-25c 1500 mAh....I figured that it would be enough power to get me in the air but no... The quad just kind of "gets light" but never lifts off...am I looking at a battery issue or an issue with my quad/flight controller not being setup correctly?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2015, 01:01 PM
I doubt its a flight controller issue but the battery should have enough current to get you to hover. Have you calibrated the ESCs?
Jun 20, 2015, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
I was dreading that question being asked...LOL

I have beat my head against the wall for 3 days trying to get them calibrated to no avail....when I think I have done it right...nope...not right...
Jun 20, 2015, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
I tried re-calibrating again...still the same...gets light on the skids ...yaws a little right...but no full liftoff...
Jun 20, 2015, 03:26 PM
FA3PR9WM79
I know squat about the CC3D, but a flight controller is still a flight controller.

So, if you batch calibrated the ESCs through the FC, redo them one at a time with just the receiver. It may sound like a PITA, but this way you know the ESCs are calibrated.

Second thing, check the motor rotation AND that you have the props on the right motors and the props are right side up.
Jun 20, 2015, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
I am sure I have the motor rotation correct... Front left and back right are spinning CW and Front right and back left are CCW... Gemfan 5030's on all of them... 5030R on the CW motors and 5030 on the CCW ones... which way is up on the blades....they seem to have a matte finish on one side with the numbers embossed on them and a glossy finish on the other side...
Jun 20, 2015, 04:39 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Numbers UP, "Fat" edge of the airfoil facing the direction of rotation.
Jun 20, 2015, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
Well what do ya know....it worked...lmao...Thanks a ton...
Jun 20, 2015, 05:27 PM
Thread OP
Now for a trip to Lowes/HomeDepot to pickup some nylon locknuts to replace those dreaded propnuts....LOL

Quick Reply