Oct 31, 2015, 09:23 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycanuck_r
Looking to do a build of one of these, will be my firs build. Just wonder if anybody noticed if the nase32 with horizontal pins had any benefit with the H king frame. I've put together a list of what I think I will need for the build.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...stomer=1392681

let me know if I'm missing anything here, Thanks.
as far as the Naze pins....it's just your preference if you want the wires sticking out..or pointing up... if you buy the "solder yourself" version. I think you get both vertical & horizontal pin sets. the HK frame has plenty of room to keep the wires "vertical" to keep them inside....if that helps answer your question
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2015, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
as far as the Naze pins....it's just your preference if you want the wires sticking out..or pointing up... if you buy the "solder yourself" version. I think you get both vertical & horizontal pin sets. the HK frame has plenty of room to keep the wires "vertical" to keep them inside....if that helps answer your question
Thanks that helps I think I go vertical.
Nov 08, 2015, 10:43 AM
Well I jumped in and bought two of these for my first build. Looking forward to building my first quad.
Nov 10, 2015, 04:52 PM
good deal, they aren't that hard to build really. post some pics when you get it finished !
Nov 18, 2015, 06:02 PM
Here is mine, it is my first quad build.
Nov 19, 2015, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd32
Here is mine, it is my first quad build.
I hope mine looks that good when I'm done. Shipping says it's on its way.
Nov 22, 2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks, I added some lights on the rear end today. Very happy with how it came out, it flys great too.
Nov 24, 2015, 08:06 PM
nice man ! which Multistar motors are you running ?
Nov 24, 2015, 08:47 PM
My order arrived today, ran into a snag already. If you're going to run the multistar mini monsters be prepared to widen the motor mounts if you want the wires to run straight. The center hole as well will need widening or the "c" clip on the bottom will bind on the shaft.
Nov 24, 2015, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycanuck_r
My order arrived today, ran into a snag already. If you're going to run the multistar mini monsters be prepared to widen the motor mounts if you want the wires to run straight. The center hole as well will need widening or the "c" clip on the bottom will bind on the shaft.
I had to open up the mounting holes a little to mount my DYS motors also. I just took a small flat file and went to work
Nov 25, 2015, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
nice man ! which Multistar motors are you running ?
I am running the 2206 baby beast motors (the ones they offer in a 4 pack with 4 afro esc's ). They bolt right on. The m3 screws that come with the quad frame are perfect size and length to bolt up the motors so I bought some m3 x 10mm screws to use on the frame and used the ones intended for the frame on the motors. You will have enough screws for motors and flight control board in the kit, but you will need at least 16 m3 x 10mm or m3 x 8mm to replace the ones lifted from the frame hardware. Here you can also see my led "tailights", these are from hobbyking as well and can be changed to 7 different colors with the tiny dip switches.
Last edited by fredd32; Nov 25, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
Nov 28, 2015, 09:30 PM
Started a build log using this frame.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2550533
Dec 02, 2015, 03:39 PM
Rogue User
Thought I should post a pic of my Color 250 before I transfer everything over to a new frame. I've been quite surprised at the punishment this frame has taken but after A LOT of crashes the frame is finally starting to fail. The only thing I didn't like about this frame was the camera location, so I modded mine into the body a bit more.
Dec 03, 2015, 10:13 AM
When mine wears out or breaks I will probably step up to a carbon fiber one as well to cut weight. All up with fpv gear and mobius I am just a touch over 600 grams. I could probably shorten a bunch of wires and save weight here and there but want to keep everything easily changeable in case of crash damage.