Jul 24, 2015, 12:28 PM
Just finished putting mine together this morning. Emax MT1806-2280kv, RCtimer 12A SK escs, and an el cheapo CC3D clone from Banggood. I will add my Mobius and FVP camera once I get a feel for the CC3D board. So far I really like it and the setup was super easy. I may never go back to KK. On the first flight I bounced it off my concrete walkway a few times and it seems fairly sturdy...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2015, 05:16 AM
Just finished my build today and I have to say they really were not thinking when they designed the fpv camera mounting. Too close and my camera lens wouldn't clear the uprights. No room to get the lens completely behind the front of the frame. As it is I had to shave some of the support plastic from the front arms to squeeze it in. I have it level but will probably end up adding spacers on the top mounting posts to bring the view angle up.

Used in the build:
Naze32 acro
Baby Beast V2 Motors
Afro 12amps ESCs
Spektrum Sat
Fatshark 250mw vtx
Eachine ccd cam
1300mah Nano techs
Last edited by Arthure; Jul 26, 2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Typos from auto correct
Jul 28, 2015, 03:19 PM
Just ordered this frame, wanted orange but all the colors except white and black were on backorder for US warehouses. Originally I was doing a cheap banggood kk260 build but cancelled that order after it sat in processing for a month while all items were in stock...

I ordered:
HK:
Black frame
KK mini (so cheap)
extra 5030 clear props
Ebay:
Cheerwing MT2204 2300KV
no-name simonk 12A ecs

About $103 with shipping, super cheap build, not as cheap as the banggood order but I figure I'll actually get the items this year. I didn't want a toy but didn't want something $200+ to destroy while learning.

Going to use my Turnigy 9x and try the quanum V2's for the kids to be able to ride & "crash-along" since this is our first multirotor. I'll be using the Mobius for now and will get a dedicated fpv camera after I get the hang of LOS.

Kind of worried about the broken frames in this thread... But I'll be taking it real slow and just hovering around while learning the ropes. I figure open fields with tall grass will be my friend after I graduate from the backyard.
Jul 28, 2015, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkvillager
Just ordered this frame, wanted orange but all the colors except white and black were on backorder for US warehouses. Originally I was doing a cheap banggood kk260 build but cancelled that order after it sat in processing for a month while all items were in stock...

I ordered:
HK:
Black frame
KK mini (so cheap)
extra 5030 clear props
Ebay:
Cheerwing MT2204 2300KV
no-name simonk 12A ecs

About $103 with shipping, super cheap build, not as cheap as the banggood order but I figure I'll actually get the items this year. I didn't want a toy but didn't want something $200+ to destroy while learning.

Going to use my Turnigy 9x and try the quanum V2's for the kids to be able to ride & "crash-along" since this is our first multirotor. I'll be using the Mobius for now and will get a dedicated fpv camera after I get the hang of LOS.

Kind of worried about the broken frames in this thread... But I'll be taking it real slow and just hovering around while learning the ropes. I figure open fields with tall grass will be my friend after I graduate from the backyard.
Once you break it, spend $40 or so on a decent full carbon ZMR and transfer everything over. Should be pretty easy.
Jul 28, 2015, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife
Once you break it, spend $40 or so on a decent full carbon ZMR and transfer everything over. Should be pretty easy.
Definitely I just meant that this frame doesn't seem too strong. I was hoping for a durable plastic frame like the kk260 seems to be. Unless all these broken frames in this thread are from full speed nose dives into concrete or tree trunks.
Jul 29, 2015, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrascz
Put the Mobius directly to the top plate. As tight as possible. The anti-vibration plate in the fact amplifies the vibrations. And then PROPERLY balance the props. Those Diatone's Ghosts are heavily unbalanced from production.
Thanks for the tip ! Ill try that..
Sep 02, 2015, 04:33 PM
Finally go this frame running. Not the best with a KK board as far as access to program. But its setup good enough and I'm loving the RC911 SL mix mode.
Just waiting on a bunch of DAL 5045 bullnose props... Ate through most of the diatone clear props messing around in the house on a rainy Sat... Don't recommend that fight that urge even with big open rooms if your a noob like me. Heck my backyard isn't big enough either, the house and trees keep jumping in my way.

The frame is pretty cramped for a beginner but not to bad. Pretty happy with my cheapo parts too, lifts a stuffed frame with Mobius, zippy compact 2200 and big FPV TX.

I ordered a set of Aomway 3dbi antennas. Video would go to snow as soon as I lifted off with the rubber ducks and that was from 10ft away. Going to have to check cable routing and stuff too. Inside the house while hovering it was fine.

I'll get out to an open field this weekend and hope to learn a lot.
Sep 12, 2015, 09:16 PM
Definitely not a strong frame... I'd say buy two or three since they are so inexpensive but I'm looking for a much more durable frame now. I wish DAL would make a frame out of the stuff they make their BN props out of...

Other than this the frame was fun.
Oct 16, 2015, 09:34 PM
I just got a red one. Looks like I'm looking into the future looking at all these pictures lol.

Question about mobius, are you guys using that cam for FPV? Last time I used it there was lag and wasn't really ideal for FPV flying. Is there some new firmware that fixes that?
Oct 16, 2015, 09:49 PM
Check out the Foxeer Legend 1. Available on Surveilzone.com. Not trying to be a sales man but this thing rocks. The way I see it is like this Mobius < Runcam HD < Foxeer Legend 1. I have all three and the Foxeer hands down is the winner. Plus it is by far the lowest latency I have ever experienced. I have the Foxeer on a Versacopter with Cobra 2206 and DYS bl20a esc. 6x4.5 props and I have never had any issues flying threw, over, under or around anything using it as my FPV cam and recording cam.
Last edited by dfarmer0033; Oct 16, 2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
Oct 17, 2015, 06:27 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
got mine completed this week. painted the rear black to help with orientation a little. I like it
Oct 18, 2015, 04:43 AM
Rogue User
I've been flying mine for a little while now, I started with a KK2 board (a regular size one that didn't fit so well ) but I've just moved to the CC3D board, and wow what a difference!!!

I was a little worried this thing was going to break easy, but I've done a few cartwheels with it and no damage so far.

This is just a vid of me trying out the new board, I found the QAV250 settings worked pretty much perfectly for my setup!
Hobbyking Color 250, testing out CC3D (1 min 52 sec)
Oct 18, 2015, 04:46 AM
Rogue User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
got mine completed this week. painted the rear black to help with orientation a little. I like it
I like the two-tone, looks great! I struggled a little bit with orientation on mine too, the different colour props are hard to tell from a distance. I ended up putting LEDs on mine, and that helped me heaps with orientation, and now I can do some night flying too!
Oct 20, 2015, 03:35 PM
i like the h-king 250 frame, it have a little crack on one arm, but it does not impact the flight characteristics.

but i would go for a carbon frame next time.

FPV in Greece Episode 5 - abandoned creek bed (2 min 46 sec)

(or the whole vacation playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...JfcR4IfHLdzfI5 if you like to watch them)
Oct 31, 2015, 03:09 PM
Looking to do a build of one of these, will be my firs build. Just wonder if anybody noticed if the nase32 with horizontal pins had any benefit with the H king frame. I've put together a list of what I think I will need for the build.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...stomer=1392681

let me know if I'm missing anything here, Thanks.