Sep 15, 2019, 12:45 AM
How I learned to love the Bomb
Thanks for the report Biggs. I will have to try and figure out the trim function. I read that you could set trim but seemed more difficult than maybe it really is. The stick tension is also super flimsy. Can that be increased?
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 07:16 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
The trims are possible, like Biggs described, but they are lousy in implementation. It is difficult to tell if you are making changes, and to which function.

BP
Sep 15, 2019, 07:43 PM
rfk
rfk
We have over 15 of tbese radios that we use in salt water and they have been very reliable... FlySky FS-i6 AFHDS 6CH Transmitter and 6CH FS-iA6B Receiver
Sep 22, 2019, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
Thanks for the report Biggs. I will have to try and figure out the trim function. I read that you could set trim but seemed more difficult than maybe it really is. The stick tension is also super flimsy. Can that be increased?
No problem! The stick tension is adjustable same way you would on basically any radio. Open up the back and screw in or out the screw going through the hook attached to the spring. Pretty sure I tightened mine up, but I don't remember. I always open up new radios and make a few tweaks so it wouldn't surprise me.
Nov 01, 2019, 10:00 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfk
We have over 15 of tbese radios that we use in salt water and they have been very reliable... FlySky FS-i6 AFHDS 6CH Transmitter and 6CH FS-iA6B Receiver
The FS-i6 us a great radio for the price especially with the FS-iA6B receiver.

Avoid the FS-i6X. I have both and the 6X has too many bugs.
Nov 01, 2019, 10:08 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Try this page. https://www.rclaser.org.uk/photos Tons of photos of boats using the cunningham.
The cunningham is not permitted according to the Class Secretary for AMYA regattas.
Nov 02, 2019, 08:09 AM
Thanks RCLaser. The guys in Europe seem to have been using them, but the videos are old and perhaps they changed the rule. I bought a C sail recently. I haven't had a chance to use it.
Nov 13, 2019, 10:32 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Thanks RCLaser. The guys in Europe seem to have been using them, but the videos are old and perhaps they changed the rule. I bought a C sail recently. I haven't had a chance to use it.
People try using them once in awhile. The rivet is there to hold the sail together, not really designed for the forces downward. It is much further away from the mast than a true cunningham should be located.

The C sail works well in the right wind. I hope you also got a shortened boom.
Nov 18, 2019, 05:34 PM
rfk
rfk

RC Laser regatta

We are going to have a New Year 's day regatta at the Noroton YC Darien CT. Always looking to met other RC Laser enthusiasts!

http://rclaser.org/event/2020-new-years-day-regatta/

For the last year we have been rebuilding the RC Laser fleet. We race on Sunday afternoon 1 to 3 during the winter season .
We have 8 to 12 boats on the line each Sunday.
Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03

The C sail works well in the right wind. I hope you also got a shortened boom.
No I forgot.
Nov 27, 2019, 09:37 AM
rfk
rfk
Regattas for RC Lasers...

New Jersey, Raritan Yacht Club's Cold Turkey Regatta. This regatta is an AMYA Regional Championship Regatta. You must be an AMYA member to sail and it will be sailed with the Gold and Silver fleets awarding two sets of awards. Lunch will be served by the Raritan Yacht Club.
Notice of Race
Rick Ferguson’s annual Hangover Cup Regatta will be a few days earlier. It will be held December 28th, at Lake Wheeler in Raleigh, NC. This is a no registration fee regatta.
Greg Smith, Fleet Captain of Noroton Yacht Club’s RC Laser fleet is holding their first regatta since becoming a AMYA sanctioned RC Laser Fleet. It’s a New Years Day regatta. It will be sailed as Gold Silver fleets. The yacht club is in Darien, CT right in the middle of the greatest concentration of the RC Laser population.

Regatta dates for the 2020 Southern Circuit have been posted on both the RC Laser NA and AMYA web sites.
Read more:
http://rclaser.org/
Dec 08, 2019, 08:22 PM
rfk
rfk
Last week we had snow. Today we had 10 mph wind and temps around 40. We had 10 boats out for 8 races! Getting tuned up for the New Year day regatta!
Dec 30, 2019, 01:37 PM
rfk
rfk
We have 20 so far for our New Year's regatta. The weather is looking good! Still time to sign up.. or just stop by to watch..

https://theclubspot.com/register/reg...w9vQZHwm/class

Roger
Dec 31, 2019, 08:27 PM

RC Laser Operational Range - Transmitter Upgrade

Hi. Just got 10 RC Lasers (friends & family) and we started to have fun with them. Only general disappointment was the very limited operational range. Please be so kind to recommend the proper equipment for better range. Thank you.
Dec 31, 2019, 10:21 PM
Well, I would just get some inexpensive Spektrum radios DX5E or Dx4. Or Tactic brand. The one that is listed on the Intensity Sails site as an upgrade is not a good radio for sailboats. Frsky is a good brand, but the radio they recommend has no trim tabs and needs to have the throttle detent added. Not an easy job for any beginners.

Quick Reply