RC Laser Sailboat - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 07, 2015, 12:56 PM
to connect the main line for the sheets, its just a quick connector. The boom does have a slider to adjust the sail. The boat came with the B rig, which is kinda the middle sail, it works good for both light and medium winds.

taken from sail rc --->
The post was way... too... long.. just check out https://www.sailrc.com/products/rc-laser/
Last edited by sonicboom24; Jul 07, 2015 at 10:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2015, 03:46 AM
Hi guys,

I'm interested to know whether the bag and stand came with the boat or whether you had to buy them separately.

Does the sheeting setup still use the original monofilament line with spring?

Thanks
Jul 08, 2015, 01:46 PM
Boomer1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtimma
Hi guys,

I'm interested to know whether the bag and stand came with the boat or whether you had to buy them separately.

Does the sheeting setup still use the original monofilament line with spring?

Thanks
The answer is it depends on who you buy it from. Sailrc.com sells their boats complete thus their price is higher. A guy on E-bay sells them without the accessories at a lower price.
Have to read the fine print to make sure of what is being advertised for the price.

If you want support and knowledge Steve Lang is your guy! We all like a deal, but sometimes a lower price translates to getting less. Just saying............be alert and check out the source before laying down the $$$$.

I am not aware of any change to the sheeting - call Sailrc.com for the right answer.

Boomer
Jul 08, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks. Is there a site where it is possible to see close up photos of the deck etc? Does it have a switch on the deck? Thanks
Jul 08, 2015, 04:59 PM
Boomer1
It appears that both of the Laser's in the pictures below have water proof switches . If you expand the photos by clicking on them three times you can see the switch on each boat.
The switch is located at the lower right side of the round hatch cover.

Boomer
Jul 09, 2015, 10:36 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom24
Nice video pit viper. I just ordered a mobius and I also wanted to make a rear boom mount to take some video. Just got to design something now. Post some pics if you do make one, it would be beneficial. Thanks

How old is your boat? Any issues?
this laser is ancient.. i got it used probably 6 years or more ago, and I know the guy I got it from had it for along time. never any issuse till last year, the sail rear seam blew open, I just now got around to fixing it with some fiber tape, gonna see how that does. I run it with a 2200 nimh. and the old 75mh radio, so if i get the radio wet kayaking, im not lost anything haha.
Jul 09, 2015, 10:40 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
my old laser has a rubber covered switch, never had any leaks.
Jul 10, 2015, 07:12 AM
A geriatric flier
I am waiting for delivery of my Laser so I am subscribing to the thread.
Jul 10, 2015, 09:03 AM
nice Watdazit!!! your gonna love that boat! post some pics when you get her!
Jul 10, 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper51
my old laser has a rubber covered switch, never had any leaks.
mine came with the rubber switch as well. I havnt had any water enter the radio compartment.
Jul 10, 2015, 03:28 PM
awesome wazdazsit. What package did you get?
Jul 10, 2015, 04:25 PM
A geriatric flier
I bought the works. I fly RC heli's and planes and have a couple of short track trucks so I might be labelled an RC addict. Luckily I live on acreage. I am a 72 yo retiree so I can indulge in my RC addiction at home excepting I do not have a dam so I will have to travel to Canberra to sail.

I sailed NS14's with my wife for about 10 years but I have been out of sailing for 40years. The NS14 was a development class 14 ft skiff designed by Frank Bethwaite for husband and wife sailing.

My brother in law bought an R C Laser to sail when he couldn't fly because of the weather. He also bought a couple of Hobbyking yachts but they couldn't handle anything other than dead flat water. A couple of weeks ago I visited him with the purpose of doing some flying but the weather was so bad we only got a couple of hours flying in a week. I decided then I would buy an RC Laser so next time I visit him if we cannot fly, we can sail. He lives on a waterfront property on a lake.
Jul 10, 2015, 04:52 PM
I think most of us "99%" are addicts. I have so many planes and helis. I just got a gaui nx4 to add to my fleet. The laser is for those relaxing days I just want to sail around and sit in a chair. I even have 100mph ep gliders for those windy thermal days.
Jul 10, 2015, 05:07 PM
A geriatric flier
Gaui NX4 gasser?
Jul 10, 2015, 05:08 PM
I wish it was a gasser. I'm going to keep the os37 in there for awhile.