May 25, 2017, 05:33 PM
My head in the clouds!
+1 on the V1 wing drop. Thanks for the mini review!
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2017, 07:47 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Available through Horizon now so I can buy local!
May 25, 2017, 08:05 PM

run time

Hi guys. how is the flying time on these planes thanks.
May 25, 2017, 10:06 PM
On 2200 you can get over 4 minutes. Obviously more depending on your throttle.
May 25, 2017, 10:24 PM
flyin' Dude
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a winner. I have problems with vibes over half throttle with a spinner - the stock ones crack and the aftermarket ones I've tried don't center perfectly. So I just use the Redhood adapter with no spinner and no more vibes with stock or APC props.
May 25, 2017, 10:39 PM
I use the Redhood adapter as well. I also use the great planes spinners with the aluminum backing plate. I put the adapter on then wrap a small piece of blenderm tape over the prop shaft then the spinner back plate and prop. Quiet after.
May 25, 2017, 10:55 PM
flyin' Dude
Oh, good idea on the tape. I have a GP spinner so will try that. Definitely will look better.
May 25, 2017, 11:19 PM
You can also use a short piece of heat shrink, I prefer the blenderm tape. It's easy.
May 26, 2017, 10:22 AM
Flew 15 packs today so far. I've found out that then12x5 Xoar is too much pull. I switched to an APC 11x5.5 and am happy with it. My batteries and motor are a lot happier. Still has great power and is actually easier to harrier because it has less thrust.

The plane is a lot different in slow stuff. Very stable and I can actually do some slow tail touches which I could never do with the V1. No crappy wing drop that catches you like the V1.
It won't flat spin without dropping but it's really quite light feeling. Overall I'm quite happy with it.

The usual knife edge and rudder authority while flying are great.

I do fly with lemon stabilizer and if I turn the gain up when slow it really locks in nicely. I turned it off and it's definitely a lot more of a handful. I need to put a spectrum AS3X in it and set it up. I've found them to be better because you can adjust a lot more stuff with them.
May 26, 2017, 05:33 PM
flyin' Dude
The APC 11x5.5 is my favorite for the V1 - gets real hot and drains batteries with anything bigger. Big fan of the LemonRX and use one w/o stab in the MXS. Had a Eagle A3 in it for 6 months and liked it - til it reset itself to factory defaults in flight one day (un-reversing the ailerons) and augered the unsuspecting MXS into the ground. Have the Lemon with stab in 2 other planes and both have been flawless, though with limited tuning capability (3 pots).
May 26, 2017, 05:58 PM
Ya I agree the lemons are good. I have probably 20 in planes. I just get a little bit different feel with the AS3X.
May 26, 2017, 06:10 PM
flyin' Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Raptor
I have probably 20 in planes.
That is my wife's worst fear.

But I've only been doing this for a year so just 6 in my meager hanger.
May 26, 2017, 07:04 PM
At first I bought a few used items from local guys, I went on their houses and they had planes all over. In the front room, in the kitchen and the basements are full end to end. I used to think are these guys crazy? Who needs all these planes? I'm up to about 35-40 I think. Maybe more.

It's weird, they all fly different and it's fun to have different stuff.
May 26, 2017, 07:24 PM
flyin' Dude
I agree 100%. Thinking about buying a farm so I can turn it into a flying field (and gun range).
May 26, 2017, 10:13 PM

Tonight's flight

Name: IMG_2106.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 883.7 KB
Description:

Quick Reply