Nov 10, 2019, 07:50 PM
hi mate,
id say you need more expo, but 25% should be ample, especially given this is a 3D model.
you can increase your expo a little but i think you need to understand this is how a 3D model flies.
you may need to lower the rates as well. but again, the model wont fly the way its designed.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2019, 12:16 PM
After your reply, I will take 5% off the rudder, ailerons, and rudder making them 55% for rudder, 30% for ailerons, and 35% for elevator on low rates. I will also increase the expo from 25% to 30%. Thanks again Doug 14 and XC Sedan!
Last edited by VEGAS_RC_ACE; Nov 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
Nov 16, 2019, 03:08 PM
Got a couple more flights on this today. Had to stop because the positive wire for the ESC came off the XT60 connector. Glad it didn't come loose in the air! This plane is really incredible IMO. This is the best tumbling plane I've had, especially when you get the speed built up. I also got a pretty good knife edge spin out of it today after mixing in some spoilerons. Hovers pretty good too, even in the wind I flew in today.

Anyone got any advice on removing the ESC? I'd really like to re-solder this connector outside the plane. Doesn't look like it comes out very easily.
Nov 17, 2019, 12:07 PM
Joe Dirt, thank you very much for the ESC info... That will help people running the stock ESC's, check them everybody! Great news on the flights and maneuvers you could pull with her... We would love to see some videos as well!!

I removed my stock ESC from the front, I pulled the cowl off, and then removed it from the bullets on the motor, and pulled it out from the front. Put a piece of string on the XT-60 first (tape it with duct tape), so when you pull it through the front by the engine, you will have the string to attach the XT-60 to again (with tape). Pull the XT-60 connector (taped to the string) back up through the cut in the balsa battery plate using the string. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Here is a link to much better XT-60 connectors than stock, they solder on much better, and don't come loose when connecting and removing several times: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them on all my ESCs, and batteries, and so do all the pros at my local club!
Last edited by VEGAS_RC_ACE; Nov 17, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Nov 17, 2019, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS_RC_ACE
Joe Dirt, thank you very much for the ESC info... That will help people running the stock ESC's, check them everybody! Great news on the flights and maneuvers you could pull with her... We would love to see some videos as well!!

I removed my stock ESC from the front, I pulled the cowl off, and then removed it from the bullets on the motor, and pulled it out from the front. Put a piece of string on the XT-60 first (tape it with duct tape), so when you pull it through the front by the engine, you will have the string to attach the XT-60 to again (with tape). Pull the XT-60 connector (taped to the string) back up through the cut in the balsa battery plate using the string. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Here is a link to much better XT-60 connectors than stock, they solder on much better, and don't come loose when connecting and removing several times: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them on all my ESCs, and batteries, and so do all the pros at my local club!
Thanks!
Nov 18, 2019, 11:51 AM
Anytime, hope the information helps!

Quick Reply